News: George Edwards will help Jaylon and Vander and has the cred to back it up

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jaylon is gonna need to get over himself though.

It's sad how he's losing the fans. Including me. I just saw his video on Undisputed. Rubbed me the wrong way. Last offseason I was high on Jaylon. He was the guy I felt best about signing. Now that's looking like a disaster and he's giving me the icks off the field too.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
This hire really made me happy... Our LBers needed better coaching.
Our defense in general needed better coaching. The players have to be put in position to maximize their talent. Kris refused to do that....he wouldn't even try to adjust to the talent we had. If healthy both LVE and Jaylon will make their second probowl

MaineBoy

Reaction score
He has a lot of work to do. That group plunged last year. They were embarrassing to watch at times.

a lot to work with ? Jaylon is soft and more interested in his product while LVE is a big hit away from another injury and a short career. Talk about building on quicksand with those two. And Lee is near retirement. That crew may have some good games but they are not a solid long term or championship foundation.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Does George know that he has to go through Hot Boyz initiation before he is allowed to coach and tell them what to do. Think he has to sign a waiver too.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
One had an excuse. The other did not.
They both had a DL that couldn't/wouldn't hold OL-men from the 2nd level so they had to deal with plays unclean.
Not excusing Jay-Jay from his obvious issues, but this remains true.

ShortRound

Reaction score
If the linebackers don’t play better I hope we’ve learned enough to shop players around before they lose more value.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
a lot to work with ? Jaylon is soft and more interested in his product while LVE is a big hit away from another injury and a short career. Talk about building on quicksand with those two. And Lee is near retirement. That crew may have some good games but they are not a solid long term or championship foundation.

Yeah a lot of work is understating it. I am starting to think Smith will never be a good player. Most conceited player I can remember.

817Gill

Reaction score
Why can the OP not say the man's name right? It's not Vander, it's Vander Esch. It's not that hard. Just call him LVE if you can't do it right.

As for George Edwards, I see nothing in the LB group he just left that tells me he can improve our LB group. Sean Lee would have been a better hire as the LB's coach. McCarthy doesn't believe a player can go straight into coaching as the head of a department so he gives us a retread like Edwards. It's a bad hire, one of many bad hires that McCarthy has made. This team may be going in a new direction but it's moving no closer to a Super Bowl run. Mark my words.
They just had an all pro LB in kendricks in Minnesota. Anthony Barr is also an animal. Minnesota has one of the better LB’s corps in the league and one of the best overall defenses. What are you talking about?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They just had an all pro LB in kendricks in Minnesota. Anthony Barr is also an animal. Minnesota has one of the better LB’s corps in the league and one of the best overall defenses. What are you talking about?
You got proof of your claims or are you just saying anything to make it sound like you know what you're talking about. have you got a link that proves your claims? Not hard to do if they are true. I don't see anything like that so I say you are just making it up. Kendricks was nothing special, 26th in the league in tackles while Jaylon Smith was 13th.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ES&conference=null&season=2018&seasonType=REG

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith right now is an embarrassment to this organization and himself.

I've never seen a player be so awful yet act like he is so great.

As far as the Pro Bowl, I thought it was a joke before...now I think its pulling names out of a hat.

ultron

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith right now is an embarrassment to this organization and himself.

I've never seen a player be so awful yet act like he is so great.

As far as the Pro Bowl, I thought it was a joke before...now I think its pulling names out of a hat.

Player A: 144 tackles (81 solo), 0 sacks. 2 ints

Player B: 142 tackles (83 solo), 2.5 sacks, 1 ints

Player A is Luke Kuechly, Player B is Jaylon Smith.

Jaylon had the 6th most tackles in the entire NFL.

To say Jaylon is an embarrassment to this organization is an embarrassing thing to say - the guy isn't even his prime yet and had to deal with idiots like Robert Quinn not being able to stop the run or screens to save his damn life. That guy was sack hunting the whole season so he could get a big contract & it compromised this whole defense (especially the LBs in my opinion).

817Gill

Reaction score
You got proof of your claims or are you just saying anything to make it sound like you know what you're talking about. have you got a link that proves your claims? Not hard to do if they are true. I don't see anything like that so I say you are just making it up. Kendricks was nothing special, 26th in the league in tackles while Jaylon Smith was 13th.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ES&conference=null&season=2018&seasonType=REG

Eric Kendricks- 2019 1st team All-Pro

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...l-players-to-make-first-and-second-teams/amp/

Anthony Barr had one of his best seasons

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ikings-anthony-barr-career-high-79-stops/amp/

Here’s a general recap of the linebacker position in Minnesota this year

https://www.vikings.com/news/2019-vikings-position-recap-linebackers

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Eric Kendricks- 2019 1st team All-Pro

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...l-players-to-make-first-and-second-teams/amp/

Anthony Barr had one of his best seasons

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ikings-anthony-barr-career-high-79-stops/amp/

Here’s a general recap of the linebacker position in Minnesota this year

https://www.vikings.com/news/2019-vikings-position-recap-linebackers
That doesn't impress me much. Nowhere do I see those players saying anything about how George Edwards helped them. Don't forget what this thread is about. Edwards was a bad hire and he won't help our LBer group get any better either. The will do it in spite of the coaching not because of the coaching. The return of the wolf hunter is what will improve that group.

Kaiser

Reaction score
When will you guys whom throw a blanket statement out there that Dak looked bad in big games need to show some sense. Dak killed it against the Eagles which was a big game the first go around and also whipped up the ram's pretty bad...

Exactly, this dumb meme about him not playing well in big games is because the Patriots game was played in the rain and he was hurt in the second Philly game when he was overthrowing everything.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What are Cowboys getting by bringing back linebackers coach George Edwards?

The Dallas Cowboys are bringing in a familiar name to coach their young, talented linebacking corp with the hiring of George Edwards away from the Minnesota Vikings

Read More

All they have to do is bring in a couple big DT's that can clog the middle and those two guys will be studs again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That doesn't impress me much. Nowhere do I see those players saying anything about how George Edwards helped them. Don't forget what this thread is about. Edwards was a bad hire and he won't help our LBer group get any better either. The will do it in spite of the coaching not because of the coaching. The return of the wolf hunter is what will improve that group.

Two legitimate DT's will do it better than anything else.