News: George Edwards will help Jaylon and Vander and has the cred to back it up

risco

Reaction score
who knows ? Jaylon may have been crossed and confused in the mixed messages coming from the mutiny bickering between kris richard and
LB coach Ben Bloom. one coach telling him to read this key - another saying read that key ..
maybe this coaching staff can better scheme for him, simply his reads and limit some of his coverage responsibilites.

.. and even before LVE started getting the lingering neck injuries as they worsen, he seemed like a mess at losing position, missing open field
tackles, and containment, a total difference in his game vs his outstanding rookie debut season last year. Seem like only Lee wasnt unscathed by the
dissention going on at coaching mutiny.

and hopefully Nolan and Edwards can dial up and design LB blitzes a lot better than Richard could. Making plays in a moving forward or pursuit
down the line are Jaylon's strengths and he can deliver a whack when he builds up forward momentum.
You've clearly done some research or simply put- know the game. However, I not referring to Jaylon's problems as being scheme related or confusion between coaches. Jaylon is limited on what he can do athletically. The injury he suffered has hampered his progression and I do not see him getting better. I certainly do not see him ready to perform at the professional level on weekly basis. He has heart- not questioned that- he's just a shell of himself now.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
LB play was the biggest difference between the defensive performances of 2018 and 2019
This, by a mile.

I think Jaylon gets a lot of flak, and rightfully so, but LVE is the one who really regressed a lot. Jaylon was mostly the same as 2018, but the splash plays weren't there.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
This, by a mile.

I think Jaylon gets a lot of flak, and rightfully so, but LVE is the one who really regressed a lot. Jaylon was mostly the same as 2018, but the splash plays weren't there.

Agreed

aikemirv

Reaction score
really bad? Lmao, Jaylon’s season statistically was quite good. I get that he has areas to improve on but you people are insane
Well statistically I could have a tackle at 5 yards past the LOS and one at the LOS and they both say I got a tackle - just sayin....