News: George Edwards will help Jaylon and Vander and has the cred to back it up

817Gill

Reaction score
That doesn't impress me much. Nowhere do I see those players saying anything about how George Edwards helped them. Don't forget what this thread is about. Edwards was a bad hire and he won't help our LBer group get any better either. The will do it in spite of the coaching not because of the coaching. The return of the wolf hunter is what will improve that group.
You want me to grab you specific quotes about them saying how George Edwards helped them? Yeah you’re a character bro lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You want me to grab you specific quotes about them saying how George Edwards helped them? Yeah you’re a character bro lol
It doesn't have to be from the players. Show me, anyone, attributing the coaching of George Edwards for the Vikings great LBer group. You won't and can't do it because it never happened and you know it.

He's a terrible hire!!!

817Gill

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be from the players. Show me, anyone, attributing the coaching of George Edwards for the Vikings great LBer group. You won't and can't do it because it never happened and you know it.

He's a terrible hire!!!
Dude you literally sound crazy right now lol I’m not a paid researcher I don’t have the time and energy to comb through old Vikings media clippings to see if they specifically credited George Edwards for helping the linebackers.

He was a top defensive assistant for a linebacking corps who played very well last year. I sent you articles supporting that and that’s the last reply you’ll get from me. I’m not you’re research whipping boy lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude you literally sound crazy right now lol I’m not a paid researcher I don’t have the time and energy to comb through old Vikings media clippings to see if they specifically credited George Edwards for helping the linebackers.

He was a top defensive assistant for a linebacking corps who played very well last year. I sent you articles supporting that and that’s the last reply you’ll get from me. I’m not you’re research whipping boy lol
You would be a much wiser man to just concede my point because the information I requested does not exist. George Edwards is not someone that will make our LB group better. The Vikings acquired great LB'er talent that was going to do well no matter who was assigned to be their LBer coach. Their success is their own and should not be attributed to their coaching by Edwards.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I had forgotten Sparano had passed......... what was it?

817Gill

Reaction score
You would be a much wiser man to just concede my point because the information I requested does not exist. George Edwards is not someone that will make our LB group better. The Vikings acquired great LB'er talent that was going to do well no matter who was assigned to be their LBer coach. Their success is their own and should not be attributed to their coaching by Edwards.
No ones gonna look for that dude sucks to suck

fivetwos

Reaction score
Player A: 144 tackles (81 solo), 0 sacks. 2 ints

Player B: 142 tackles (83 solo), 2.5 sacks, 1 ints

Player A is Luke Kuechly, Player B is Jaylon Smith.

Jaylon had the 6th most tackles in the entire NFL.

To say Jaylon is an embarrassment to this organization is an embarrassing thing to say - the guy isn't even his prime yet and had to deal with idiots like Robert Quinn not being able to stop the run or screens to save his damn life. That guy was sack hunting the whole season so he could get a big contract & it compromised this whole defense (especially the LBs in my opinion).
Right. Stats. The same thing that tells you that Dallas had the best offense in the league last year.

The games are played on the field and Smith is routinely taking awful angles to the ball, whiffing and getting blown up.

The guy.....the way he acts...is an embarrassment to ME as a fan. I you dont agree, then you dont have to.

But you could maybe do better than giving me tackling stats comparing Smith with a guy who just quit because of injuries.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Statistics don't always tell the whole story. Dak's season was statistically great, but he looked bad in big games or when the game was on the line.

Dak should have great stats. He's running a Dak friendly offense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Statistics don't always tell the whole story. Dak's season was statistically great, but he looked bad in big games or when the game was on the line.
This thread isn't about Dak, it's about the LBers and how their new coach will affect them going forward. Stop high jacking the thread to talk about Dak. We already have plenty of threads to talk about Dak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My reply was to a Dak post.
And you took the bait and ran with it. Be better than that, bro. We already have plenty of other threads to talk about Dak without this thread getting high jacked to do the very same thing. Don't be part of that problem.

quickccc

Reaction score
I hate to say this but- ain’t gonna help Jaylon one bit. He needs other sort of help.

who knows ? Jaylon may have been crossed and confused in the mixed messages coming from the mutiny bickering between kris richard and
LB coach Ben Bloom. one coach telling him to read this key - another saying read that key ..
maybe this coaching staff can better scheme for him, simply his reads and limit some of his coverage responsibilites.

.. and even before LVE started getting the lingering neck injuries as they worsen, he seemed like a mess at losing position, missing open field
tackles, and containment, a total difference in his game vs his outstanding rookie debut season last year. Seem like only Lee wasnt unscathed by the
dissention going on at coaching mutiny.

and hopefully Nolan and Edwards can dial up and design LB blitzes a lot better than Richard could. Making plays in a moving forward or pursuit
down the line are Jaylon's strengths and he can deliver a whack when he builds up forward momentum.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
who knows ? Jaylon may have been crossed and confused in the mixed messages coming from the mutiny bickering between kris richard and
LB coach Ben Bloom. one coach telling him to read this key - another saying read that key ..
maybe this coaching staff can better scheme for him, simply his reads and limit some of his coverage responsibilites.

.. and even before LVE started getting the lingering neck injuries as they worsen, he seemed like a mess at losing position, missing open field
tackles, and containment, a total difference in his game vs his outstanding rookie debut season last year. Seem like only Lee wasnt unscathed by the
dissention going on at coaching mutiny.

and hopefully Nolan and Edwards can dial up and design LB blitzes a lot better than Richard could. Making plays in a moving forward or pursuit
down the line are Jaylon's strengths and he can deliver a whack when he builds up forward momentum.
You've done a good job of diagnosing the problem but you would be wise not to invest too much hope in George Edwards's ability to fix this LBers group. Nolan is a good coach and he could help Edwards do a good job.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

He's a terrible hire!!!
Arent you a garrett fan?

quickccc

Reaction score
You've done a good job of diagnosing the problem but you would be wise not to invest too much hope in George Edwards's ability to fix this LBers group. Nolan is a good coach and he could help Edwards do a good job.

Edwards headed a good Minny defense for years as DC, i see no reason why he shouldn't be able handle a lesser defensive coaching role.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Edwards headed a good Minny defense for years as DC, i see no reason why he shouldn't be able handle a lesser defensive coaching role.
He was given good talent that did well despite him, not because of him. There are no George Edwards fans out there in the sports world. He is a terrible hire.