George Selvie

lqmac1

Reaction score
Props to him on a HUGE game. With another off-season w Rod and we might have a solid pass rusher on our hands.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will make the final 53 easily if he keeps playing like he did last night.

Reaction score
No doubt he makes the 53 if the rest of the preseason goes like last night. It was especially encouraging because he didn't just run past the OL with a speed rush catching them off guard and what not. He showed some real power on the bull rush, and some real tenacity in general.

FiveRings

Reaction score
He certainly fits the bill of what Rod/Monte are looking for. Quick, athletic rush man. Our 1/2 DLs could look like

Spencer-Hatcher-Ratliff-Ware
Selvie-Lissemore-???-Wilber

And we can do some good things with that lineup. Another reassuring thing that I heard Dungy say last night, which I had been wondering about was while Tampa's Tampa 2 defense was predicated on a good 3-tech, ours will be predicated on Ware. I guess it came down to having one elite rusher, not trying to make a carbon copy of Tampa's early 2000s defense and throwing it over our personnel.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Yeah, and a ton of people here wanted us to draft him (Dallas Thomas).

Because of the name.

But yea, he is horrible. Can't believe Miami let Jake Long walk knowing this guy was his replacement. At least they spent 100 mil on that WR.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Props to him on a HUGE game. With another off-season w Rod and we might have a solid pass rusher on our hands.

He has been a nice surprise, and he was great last night. If he can do that consistently, we may have something. But it was just one game, against bad LT's.

Definitely reasons to be hopeful. We'll see how he does the rest of camp.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Tell me someone didnt play great against a bad player and vanilla front, say it aint so. Now that that part is out of the way. I will say Selvie made the most of his opps and is pushing for a spot on the team. Okay he didnt look lost and he knew what to do. On those reasons id like to see if he can move to the next level. Am i going to get excited, no, can everyone else, of course, my opinion is only mine. Selvie did good, but this is fourth team, so he should know what hes doing. To be spot on about evaluating his night, I think this move back to the 4-3 was the correct move and even tho our team played against second string for most of the game and even though it wasnt prime time, what you are looking for is what we saw last night, players who want to be on this team and the team getting it. I saw a lot of gang tackle, a lot of being around the ball, a lot of motivated guys, and this is the time where the chips are tossed int eh air and we see where they fall and yes Selvie overall did good. Not basing it on his physical, but his mental and his awareness. He went after who he had to go after and did his job all night. He seemed to have played like he was playing the whole game and he wanted to be on that team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
1st pre season game in Dallas but got to say I was impressed by him. Big game Selvie, keep up the good work!!!

Staubacher

Reaction score
Selvie will definitely mke the 53 if he plays anything like he did last night the rest of preseason. Poor competition or no he dominated. That play where he just bulldozed Thomas then leaped on the QB and drove him down was sweeet!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think Spencer's knee may heal a little faster after watching Selvie's performance last night. And Selvie got a few looks inside, so Ratliff's hamstring just got a little bit better. Sometimes competition (like money) is the best cure for what ails you, makes you mentally heal faster and forget about the pain.

I am a Crawford fan, but I don't know if even an uninjured Crawford could play any better than Selvie at this point. Hopefully, Selvie keeps it going (and doesn't get injured). And Hopefully Crawford comes back next year and gives Selvie a run for his money.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I think Spencer's knee may heal a little faster after watching Selvie's performance last night. And Selvie got a few looks inside, so Ratliff's hamstring just got a little bit better. Sometimes competition (like money) is the best cure for what ails you, makes you mentally heal faster and forget about the pain.

I am a Crawford fan, but I don't know if even an uninjured Crawford could play any better than Selvie at this point. Hopefully, Selvie keeps it going (and doesn't get injured). And Hopefully Crawford comes back next year and gives Selvie a run for his money.

I agree with all this, except the Crawford part, im ready to toss him aside and get a new player, sorry but this league has no time for injuries and you have to keep getting that talent to come in if you dont have a spot locked up and right now he cant lock up a spot nor can he assure anyone else hes going to not be chronic with this. THis league is moving to fast and everyone wants to get younger and healthier and hes proving he cant stay healthy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So how the heck did he end up here?

I've never seen the guy play bad but I hadn't seen him since he was in College.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So how the heck did he end up here?

I've never seen the guy play bad but I hadn't seen him since he was in College.

He wasn't nearly as good his last two years in college as he was as a soph. He was too much of a tweener coming out of college IMO, but he has grown into his body a bit more. Sure it helps knowing that he doesn't have many chances left. He certainly seems like he can make some noise as a backup...pretty much think it's Ware, Spencer, Wilbur and Selvie at DE. Hatcher, Ratliff, Lissemore, Bass at DT, although Hayden has pushed some, as well as Pendleton and Moore.