George Selvie

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I thought Pendleton looked good. Don't see how we could cut him right now.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The one great thing about Selvie is he supposedly was working out on his own and came into camp ready to play....he didn't have to work into shape like so many free agents do. Says something for him. How many guys do we see that get cut or aren't in camp because they aren't ready to contribute? Seems there is a lesson in there somewhere.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I agree with all this, except the Crawford part, im ready to toss him aside and get a new player, sorry but this league has no time for injuries and you have to keep getting that talent to come in if you dont have a spot locked up and right now he cant lock up a spot nor can he assure anyone else hes going to not be chronic with this. THis league is moving to fast and everyone wants to get younger and healthier and hes proving he cant stay healthy.

You have got to be kidding me.....come on man Crawford has looked great since he has been here.

Selvie looked very good last night. He is definetely making a push for a roster spot. He is on my radar now and I can't wait to watch him the rest of preseason.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me.....come on man Crawford has looked great since he has been here.

Selvie looked very good last night. He is definetely making a push for a roster spot. He is on my radar now and I can't wait to watch him the rest of preseason.

how long has crawford played vs being out? am i missing something here?

iceman117

Reaction score
I like the idea of playing Selvie at DT in passing situations, if he really can be a reliable pass rusher Dallas can have their own version of the 07' Giants with Osi,Tuck and Strahan.... I know it's wishful thinking but maybe not far fetched if Selvie can really play at the level he did last night.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with all this, except the Crawford part, im ready to toss him aside and get a new player, sorry but this league has no time for injuries and you have to keep getting that talent to come in if you dont have a spot locked up and right now he cant lock up a spot nor can he assure anyone else hes going to not be chronic with this. THis league is moving to fast and everyone wants to get younger and healthier and hes proving he cant stay healthy.

Crawford is done for the year and there really is no need for Dallas to do anything with him. He will go through rehab he will be in camp next year to see if he can earn a spot on this team.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Wilbur is number 51, correct? If so, he really looked good last night too. He has a very quick first step and good lean to get around the corner.

We may come to realize that DL is a strength, as opposed to a weakness like so many were worried about.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how long has crawford played vs being out? am i missing something here?

What am I missing? The guy played in 15 games last season, didn't he? Is this just about the achilles? Or was there something else I'm forgetting? In any event, the team loves him, and they're not going to just bail on him after the injury. He'll get his chance for a return to form.

Selvie has looked great, albeit against some questionable competition, both in the DAL backups and against MIA last night. Glad we've got him, and I think this defense is a good fit for him. Sometimes that can make all the difference.
Bass and Hayden looked good, too. It's Lissemore who might want to start looking over his shoulder. He took a step back last season, supposedly due to an ankle injury, but so far this camp has been pretty quiet for him, too. Interested to hear otherwise from anyone who's actually been to camp.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
What am I missing? The guy played in 15 games last season, didn't he? Is this just about the achilles? Or was there something else I'm forgetting? In any event, the team loves him, and they're not going to just bail on him after the injury. He'll get his chance for a return to form.

Selvie has looked great, albeit against some questionable competition, both in the DAL backups and against MIA last night. Glad we've got him, and I think this defense is a good fit for him. Sometimes that can make all the difference.
Bass and Hayden looked good, too. It's Lissemore who might want to start looking over his shoulder. He took a step back last season, supposedly due to an ankle injury, but so far this camp has been pretty quiet for him, too. Interested to hear otherwise from anyone who's actually been to camp.

I am still waiting for Lissemore to show this freakish athletic ability he supposedly has. It doesn't show in his first step or initial burst, that's for sure. I really like Hayden and Bass. I think both of these guys have some versatility. I really think bass could play just about anywhere on the defensive line.

Iago33

Reaction score
Bass
He certainly fits the bill of what Rod/Monte are looking for. Quick, athletic rush man. Our 1/2 DLs could look like

Spencer-Hatcher-Ratliff-Ware
Selvie-Lissemore-???-Wilber

And we can do some good things with that lineup. Another reassuring thing that I heard Dungy say last night, which I had been wondering about was while Tampa's Tampa 2 defense was predicated on a good 3-tech, ours will be predicated on Ware. I guess it came down to having one elite rusher, not trying to make a carbon copy of Tampa's early 2000s defense and throwing it over our personnel.[/quoteBabas

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
The better Selvie plays. The worse the Spencer franchise tag looks.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am still waiting for Lissemore to show this freakish athletic ability he supposedly has. It doesn't show in his first step or initial burst, that's for sure. I really like Hayden and Bass. I think both of these guys have some versatility. I really think bass could play just about anywhere on the defensive line.

Two seasons ago, he did a nice job getting in with that first step and then a workmanlike job using that advantage to insert himself and break up plays. I thought he was going to come on and take another big step last year, but he didn't. Either he was hurt, or he just couldn't take the next step, but he's looked pretty pedestrian out there. I had high hopes for the guy, too, but at this point it looks to me like Bass has passed him and others are closing quick.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The better Selvie plays. The worse the Spencer franchise tag looks.

Let me just put down my flag on this point right here and say that those two players are barely in the same league in terms of their abilities. Selvie is doing a great job with his last shot at making a team. Spencer has long ago established himself as one of the better players at his position in the entire league.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
okay my mistake Crawford did play last year, just i didnt notice. possible others. and than hes out for this season. I just dont know if hes worth keeping. I dont see it in him. I did look it up. Rather be wrong and correct it instead of being wrong and looking stupid. Which i do as well

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Agree on the Lissemore comments. The more he plays the more he looks like JAG

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
okay my mistake Crawford did play last year, just i didnt notice. possible others. and than hes out for this season. I just dont know if hes worth keeping. I dont see it in him. I did look it up. Rather be wrong and correct it instead of being wrong and looking stupid. Which i do as well

Can I just say how much I like the 'my bad' posts? No sweat.

His rookie year, he played well against the run. Brian Baker said internally that they thought he was a little bit ahead of schedule with his development overall, and that this season he needed to work on the finer points of his pass rush, which he reportedly had been doing a great job with, if only in OTAs. Then, pop.

In any event, I think the team loves him, so he'll get his chances coming back from injury. Especially with him parked on IR now. We've got much bigger fish to fry along the DL next season, anyway with all the pending FAs and Ratliff's cliff in his contract.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Two seasons ago, he did a nice job getting in with that first step and then a workmanlike job using that advantage to insert himself and break up plays. I thought he was going to come on and take another big step last year, but he didn't. Either he was hurt, or he just couldn't take the next step, but he's looked pretty pedestrian out there. I had high hopes for the guy, too, but at this point it looks to me like Bass has passed him and others are closing quick.

I'm beginning to think that Lis is only a rotational guy and that it would suit him much better. As soon as he started playing a lot of plays his impact started to diminish. I don't think playing the 1 is going to help him much either.