George Teague on what Jerry Jones really meant when he said "All In"

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
‘All in‘ means taking all your money and putting it in the pot, just as much as it means betting on your hand. Fans are justified thinking no money is going to the salary cap pot when they watch the slow free agency results.

Jerry goofed. But also doesn’t seem to be able to read the room, just like Stephen. Of course fans are going to interpret ‘All In‘ as an aggressive free agency and off-season. They’re dead tired of playoff flops and want to see a winner in Dallas again. 30 years and counting…

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘All in‘ means taking all your money and putting it in the pot, just as much as it means betting on your hand. Fans are justified thinking no money is going to the salary cap pot when they watch the slow free agency results.

Jerry goofed. But also doesn’t seem to be able to read the room, just like Stephen. Of course fans are going to interpret ‘All In‘ as an aggressive free agency and off-season. They’re dead tired of playoff flops and want to see a winner in Dallas again. 30 years and counting…
Damn....look away from the light! Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most took Jerry’s “all in” comment as meaning the Cowboys were going to go all in like the Bucs in 2020 and Rams in 2021. It was obvious he never meant that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry knows what he said, he just lied about it and backtracked is what happened.

You’re a sucker if you believe him.
If you're a disgruntled fan that keeps complaining and coming back, you have been suckers long before this year...and if you're surprised by anything Jerry says, you're clueless.

Last edited:

ShortRound

Reaction score
If you're a disgruntled fan that keep complaining and coming back have been suckers long before this year...and if you're surprised by anything Jerry says, you're clueless.
I come back hoping the Cowboys will get it right and fix things. But here I am always getting insulted by true fans who have thin skins. Why are you here?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I come back hoping the Cowboys will get it right and fix things. But here I am always getting insulted by true fans who have thin skins. Why are you here?
I didn't insult you. You posted the word YOU...I took it that was meant in general terms, not, me specifically....I did the same...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If teague is right , then jerry was being deceptive.
Plus we already knew he was all in on those 3 players lol.

Being all in on the 3 you consider great players, and being all in on the team this season are 2 different things.
Also he has done nothing so far with those 3, and micah should be after this season?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I may be mistaken, but I think he was more or less agreeing with your comment.

CWR

Reaction score

He said it to take some heat off of them. It wasn't on accident. He knew the way he'd be perceived. I knew he was full of crap immediately and heard enough before free agency to validate that. I didn't however, believe we'd be all out to this extent. This off season has been the biggest head scratcher I can remember. The team is taking visible steps back and they don't appear inclined to do anything about it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Because George Teague gave his opinion on what Jerry meant by “all in”???
I only listened to what Jerry said once. But if Jerry used those exact words, it does sound like he's talking about his own players. That's not out of character. Everything they have done so far is what we've learned to expect every offseason.