George Teague on what Jerry Jones really meant when he said "All In"

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been saying this from the beginning that Jerry said "All in" as in what people say when they plan to go with what they have.

That said, after several players leaving for other teams, it kind of undermines that "all in" definition.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
‘All in‘ means taking all your money and putting it in the pot, just as much as it means betting on your hand. Fans are justified thinking no money is going to the salary cap pot when they watch the slow free agency results.

Jerry goofed. But also doesn’t seem to be able to read the room, just like Stephen. Of course fans are going to interpret ‘All In‘ as an aggressive free agency and off-season. They’re dead tired of playoff flops and want to see a winner in Dallas again. 30 years and counting…
0b209775951b7c022c578a726472dfe4.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
The guy says ridiculous things, often out of context. This one took the cake.

The part that pisses me off more than any of it is I’m sure he is happy about the attention it got.

I never took it to mean it was going to be a free agent bonanza, but at least make it look as if you’re trying…and stop doing things un Cowboys related publicly during the time when other teams are actively trying to get better.

Are they that dumb or just arrogant?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have been saying this from the beginning that Jerry said "All in" as in what people say when they plan to go with what they have.

That said, after several players leaveing for other teams, it kind of undermines that "all in" definition.
You’re right but the only thing I’ll say is that based on who they’ve lost everyone is replaceable. I think we may miss our C though more then we think.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
All in to me still means just play next season without major changes and no contract updates and see what happens.

It literally could mean anything because it was completely decontextualized.

But even with the poker analogy that Church is referring to, what I said is more applicable based on the generality of the phrase than presuming that it is specific to the contracts of three select players.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry once said theres a sucker born every minute. Its an old saying, but its true. Shame on us if we believed him with the all in crap.

pitt33

Reaction score
All In

So basically overpay greatly for Parsons, CD, and Dak hurting us even more for years to come.
Spot on.

I’m telling you the Cowboys will never win anything of significance.

It’s over.

It’s been over for years.

Big_D

Reaction score
If anyone else on the planet says they’re all in you know exactly what it means, this turd says it and now everyone has to dissent “Jerry’s definition” of it because they’re doing the complete opposite. They’re all out at this point.