George Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder of Trayvon Martin **Read Post #142**

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4504523 said:
Can't stomach either group but one is just demonstrating and one is issuing bounties and threatening people a polling stations.

They aren't the same.

The only thing that they have in common is that they are loud, seek attention, not large in number and are complete nippleheads.

However as you pointed out...one is making threats of violence or other illegal activities and the other wants violence against or other illegal activities against them so they can sue. So they are very different and over all not a good comparison.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
casmith07;4504542 said:
"State's rights."

And for the Daily Double: The only "state's right" in contention that was desired to be abolished by the Union, yet retained by the Confederacy, was this?

You have an extremely poor grasp of American history. Slavery was a component of what was going down but it was the tariffs that were going to be levied on the south that brought this whole thing to a boiling point in addition to the concern about slavery being allowed in any new territories.

The flag itself however wasn't a flag of the southern states. It was a battle flag. The flag of the southern states was very similar to the existing US flag and had three bars of red and white with stars in a circle on a field of blue.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4504555 said:
Funny how you left off the valid reasoning for both. :laugh2:

If you believe that showing up with offensive signs and placing a price on another human's head are equivalent then I have nothing but pity for whatever twisted sense of morality you apparently hold so dear.

I can print bounty signs right here at home, but it doesn't mean I have any power.

Again, they're both just groups of idiots that we're giving too much credit to. They have no power that we don't give by paying attention to them.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4504555 said:
Funny how you left off the valid reasoning for both. :laugh2:

If you believe that showing up with offensive signs and placing a price on another human's head are equivalent then I have nothing but pity for whatever twisted sense of morality you apparently hold so dear.

I wasn't aware that we were all of a sudden demanding "valid reasoning" around here for anything, after reading many of your recent posts in the thread.

And also, you're again attempting to state that I made a point that I did not. At no point, in this lifetime nor the previous one, have I condoned placing a bounty on anyone's head, be it for a citizen's arrest, capture, kidnapping, murder, mutilation, or any other otherwise unlawful activity. But somewhere between me posting a simple explanation of the differences between two organizations, one of which is legitimate, the other of which has been condemned and is certainly not legitimate, you seem to think that this is the case.

What's even worse, is that it took not one, but at least two posts for BP to point out that which I have again pointed out -- the fact that you're attempting to draw conclusions about something that I did not say by making miraculous logical leaps of faith.

Why is that? Please explain it to me - with valid reasoning - as you now so prudently and so suddenly demand.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4504553 said:

Does the original American flag not stand for America? Does the hammer and sickle not stand for the Soviet Union?

It represents a significant period in history for the states that flew it. Despite what you and the modern American history narrative would have everyone believe, the Confederate States of America are not a synonym for slavery nor was slavery the only or even the most significant driving force behind the civil war.

The Confederate flag stands for racism to those who want it to stand for racism, as if those who claim such things are actually naive enough to believe the millions who own and even fly one are outspoken racists.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4504565 said:
I can print bounty signs right here at home, but it doesn't mean I have any power.

Again, they're both just groups of idiots that we're giving too much credit to. They have no power that we don't give by paying attention to them.

Say it again, with gusto.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4504557 said:
The only thing that they have in common is that they are loud, seek attention, not large in number and are complete nippleheads.

However as you pointed out...one is making threats of violence or other illegal activities and the other wants violence against or other illegal activities against them so they can sue. So they are very different and over all not a good comparison.

Geez! Did you just agree with me?

Man, now I gotta go rethink my position.

:D

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4504570 said:
Does the original American flag not stand for America? Does the hammer and sickle not stand for the Soviet Union?

It represents a significant period in history for the states that flew it. Despite what you and the modern American history narrative would have everyone believe, the Confederate States of America are not a synonym for slavery nor was slavery the only or even the most significant driving force behind the civil war.

The Confederate flag stands for racism to those who want it to stand for racism, as if those who claim such things are actually naive enough to believe the millions who own and even fly one are outspoken racists.

There is no such thing as the Confederate States of America.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4504565 said:

No, but handing them out in public would get YOU arrested.

I agree up until the point when someone takes them up on their offer. Westboro Baptist, sick as they are, won't be killing anyone anytime soon.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4504565 said:

So you could print up a sign with a bounty on it against an individual and it's okay by you?

You know that is illegal. It's called issuing a contract on someone.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4504564 said:
You have an extremely poor grasp of American history. Slavery was a component of what was going down but it was the tariffs that were going to be levied on the south that brought this whole thing to a boiling point in addition to the concern about slavery being allowed in any new territories.

Why even discuss it when you confirm it for us?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4504581 said:
So you could print up a sign with a bounty on it against an individual and it's okay by you?

You know that is illegal. It's called issuing a contract on someone.

Nope. But I'll spare you a lesson in contract law.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4504574 said:
There is no such thing as the Confederate States of America.

There is no such thing as the Soviet Union anymore either, that doesn't change the fact that this...

flag-of-soviet-union.png

Stands for the Soviet Union.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4504573 said:
Geez! Did you just agree with me?

Man, now I gotta go rethink my position.

:D

I can be open minded...sometimes.:D

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
casmith07;4504568 said:
I wasn't aware that we were all of a sudden demanding "valid reasoning" around here for anything, after reading many of your recent posts in the thread.

And also, you're again attempting to state that I made a point that I did not. At no point, in this lifetime nor the previous one, have I condoned placing a bounty on anyone's head, be it for a citizen's arrest, capture, kidnapping, murder, mutilation, or any other otherwise unlawful activity. But somewhere between me posting a simple explanation of the differences between two organizations, one of which is legitimate, the other of which has been condemned and is certainly not legitimate, you seem to think that this is the case.

What's even worse, is that it took not one, but at least two posts for BP to point out that which I have again pointed out -- the fact that you're attempting to draw conclusions about something that I did not say by making miraculous logical leaps of faith.

Why is that? Please explain it to me - with valid reasoning - as you now so prudently and so suddenly demand.

neither is a legitimate organization. Hate never is.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
casmith07;4504582 said:
Why even discuss it when you confirm it for us?

Way to ignore the ENITRE post that proves your small amount of knowledge on the subject.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread has completely jumped the shark and now has nothing to do with George Zimmerman nor Trayvon Martin. So I'm going to spare us all the continuing off-topic rhetoric of a current event and close the thread.

*Closed*

If you have questions, then PM me.