George Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder of Trayvon Martin **Read Post #142**

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4504509 said:
Again, does it really matter? It's their name. So what. They are who they are. They are nationwide. It's not a couple of guys in a garage somewhere.

I was not arguing that they are a hunky dory group with the best intentions for all.

I was only making the point that 30yardslant made a silly argument about a point that casmith never made.

THAT was my point. I know that it is hard for you to believe that someone can make a specific point and not automatically mean that are in cahoots with other parts of things.

You are drawing conclusions about points that were never made to fit some argument that you want when it does not exist. Not quite as bad as 30yard but still in the same way.

My point was...again...that 30yards argument was made against a point that casmith never made....end of story.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
casmith07;4504516 said:
Of course it matters. Just like flying a Confederate flag is what it is, right?

Why does it matter? Does it matter if they are old guys or new guys? The bounty is out there anyway. Think the bullet cares?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I equate the New Black Panther party with other groups like Westboro Baptist Church. They're very small organizations that have no real significance other than the fact they seem to have a knack for drawing attention on occasion.

Stop paying attention to them and any power they have is gone.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4504517 said:
I was not arguing that they are a hunky dory group with the best intentions for all.

I was only making the point that 30yardslant made a silly argument about a point that casmith never made.

THAT was my point. I know that it is hard for you to believe that someone can make a specific point and not automatically mean that are in cahoots with other parts of things.

You are drawing conclusions about points that were never made to fit some argument that you want when it does not exist. Not quite as bad as 30yard but still in the same way.

My point was...again...that 30yards argument was made against a point that casmith never made....end of story.

Why are you replying to my post on the NBP with that? Has nothing to do with my point.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4504515 said:
I've been accused of it as well. Some people need to seriously look in the mirror. I don't sweat it anymore. It used to really tick me off. But I know who I am and who my friends are and what I support. So it doesn't mean anything to me.

His modus operandi is to either play dumb or avoid the post like the plague. I don't care if he thinks I'm a racist, but I would like to see him have the stomach and integrity to come out and say it and to not hide behind his status on this board.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4504519 said:
I equate the New Black Panther party with other groups like Westboro Baptist Church. They're very small organizations that have no real significance other than the fact they seem to have a knack for drawing attention on occasion.

Can't stomach either group but one is just demonstrating and one is issuing bounties and threatening people a polling stations.

They aren't the same.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4504519 said:

A voice of reason and critical thought emerges. Heisenberg, you put it better than I've been trying to explain it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4504516 said:
Of course it matters. Just like flying a Confederate flag is what it is, right?

Poor comparison, seeing as the Conferderate flag never at any point stood for what people who want it gone believe it did. There are not different possible meanings of it's symbolism, only the one that is and the one that people with an agenda want it to be. The Black Panthers have ALWAYS stood for violent militant action against the establishment, thus they truly "are what they are". Calling the New Black Panthers different from the old is like putting a new set of tires on a '64 Mustang and calling it a Volkswagon.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4504519 said:

Westboro Baptist is sick, twisted and offensive to every physical sense.

The New Black Panthers are issuing bounties, promoting violence and intimidating voters.

They are NOT the same thing. One is legally doing things that they deserve to rot in Hell for, the other is doing illegal things and getting away with them because nobody has the stomach to charge them.

Yes, both derive their power from public attention. the difference is that ignoring somebody who threatens the physical well-being of others only works up until the point where they carry out the violent act.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4504534 said:
Poor comparison, seeing as the Conferderate flag never at any point stood for what people who want it gone believe it did.

Not to go off topic, but what exactly does it stand for? And please don't say freedom.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4504534 said:
Poor comparison, seeing as the Conferderate flag never at any point stood for what people who want it gone believe it did.

Of course it didn't.

The30YardSlant;4504535 said:
Westboro Baptist is sick, twisted and offensive to every physical sense.

The New Black Panthers are issuing bounties, promoting violence and intimidating voters.

They are NOT the same thing.

Of course they aren't.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The30YardSlant;4504522 said:
His modus operandi is to either play dumb or avoid the post like the plague. I don't care if he thinks I'm a racist, but I would like to see him have the stomach and integrity to come out and say it and to not hide behind his status on this board.

I am pretty sure I have said it in the past.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4504536 said:
Not to go off topic, but what exactly does it stand for? And please don't say freedom.

"State's rights."

And for the Daily Double: The only "state's right" in contention that was desired to be abolished by the Union, yet retained by the Confederacy, was this?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
casmith07;4504542 said:
"State's rights."

And for the Daily Double: The only "state's right" in contention that was desired to be abolished by the Union was this?

And WTH does it have to be an "agenda" for someone to have a problem the confederate flag?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4504546 said:
And WTH does it have to be an "agenda" for someone to have a problem the confederate flag?

Your guess is equally as good as mine.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4504538 said:
Of course it didn't.

Of course they aren't.

Funny how you left off the valid reasoning for both. :laugh2:

If you believe that showing up with offensive signs and placing a price on another human's head are equivalent then I have nothing but pity for whatever twisted sense of morality you apparently hold so dear.