Georgia vs. Bama National Championship Game Thread

Tussinman

Reaction score
will he go too high for our draft pick?
He's predicted to go 1st round somewhere in the 20s

Reason why he's not higher is his pass rushing isn't that great. Although he's a great player a 2 down run stuffing DT is pretty low on most teams wants (there will be at least 8 or 9 defensive players drafted ahead of him just based on his position alone)

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's predicted to go 1st round somewhere in the 20s

Reason why he's not higher is his pass rushing isn't that great. Although he's a great player a 2 down run stuffing DT is pretty low on most teams wants (there will be at least 8 or 9 defensive players drafted ahead of him just based on his position alone)

would hope to get a guy like him---you think we have enough rushman...we need to take up blocks stuff the run?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Unless there’s a fantastic OT or LBer that dropped to us, I’d take him in the first round without giving it a thought. Maybe even if there was an OT or LBer available.

By the way, I’ve seen him mocked as high as 14-15.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Unless there’s a fantastic OT or LBer that dropped to us, I’d take him in the first round without giving it a thought. Maybe even if there was an OT or LBer available.

By the way, I’ve seen him mocked as high as 14-15.
Most mocks don't have him that high (him being a 2 down DT is why). He's only like the 10th or 11th ranked player on defense and 3 defensive lineman alone ahead of him

For a DT to mock 14-15th range you would need for them to have very very good passing rushing, think someone like Javon Kinlaw (who was taken 14th) or Aaron Donald (taken 13th).

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Most mocks don't have him that high (him being a 2 down DT is why). He's only like the 10th or 11th ranked player on defense and 3 defensive lineman alone ahead of him

For a DT to mock 14-15th range you would need for them to have very very good passing rushing, think someone like Javon Kinlaw (who was taken 14th) or Aaron Donald (taken 13th).
I’m just stating what I’ve seen. One mock had Atlanta taking him.

RaZon

Reaction score
Bama has two WR's who put up big numbers one didn't play at all the other less than a half, that hurt big time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I called this before the playoff began. UGA's defense was the best college football has seen in a LONG time , and I expect to see 8 -10 of those guys in the NFL in the next year or two. They have 3 DTS who could start for us right now.

Carson

Reaction score
I called this before the playoff began. UGA's defense was the best college football has seen in a LONG time , and I expect to see 8 -10 of those guys in the NFL in the next year or two. They have 3 DTS who could start for us right now.
Both squads are some beasts for sure. No Metchie or Williams definitely helped UGA out.

This isn’t a complaint or bias. I had no horse in this race.

I hope we draft 7 rounds of Alabama and Georgia guys lol

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both squads are some beasts for sure. No Metchie or Williams definitely helped UGA out.

This isn’t a complaint or bias. I had no horse in this race.

I hope we draft 7 rounds of Alabama and Georgia guys lol

I just wanted a good game too. Bama and UGA are Vegas co-favorites next year too. The transfer portal is going to allow them to reload quickly.

817Gill

Reaction score
will he go too high for our draft pick?
Seems so. He’s an interior lineman so there’s a chance he slips into the 20’s. But unless we’re one and done I think he’ll be just out of our range.

Great trade up option if we have some compensatory picks to play with though.

terra

Reaction score
Seems so. He’s an interior lineman so there’s a chance he slips into the 20’s. But unless we’re one and done I think he’ll be just out of our range.

Great trade up option if we have some compensatory picks to play with though.
IF we could get him and then get Bohannon going we would have a deadly DT combo. Stone wall. And big and strong enough to push up the middle which is good enough if we have the pass rushing ends we are supposed to have.

817Gill

Reaction score
IF we could get him and then get Bohannon going we would have a deadly DT combo. Stone wall. And big and strong enough to push up the middle which is good enough if we have the pass rushing ends we are supposed to have.
Oh yeah JD would be a godsend to this team. If we can force teams to abandon the run and be pass happy our pass-rush and DB’s will feast.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Saban era at Alabama National Champs

2007--LSU
2008--Florida
2009--Alabama
2010--Auburn
2011--Alabama
2012--Alabama
2013--Florida State
2014--Ohio State
2015--Alabama