Twitter: Gerald McCoy Injured - out for season **merged**

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well, maybe this is why Tyrone Crawford is still on the roster. He's overpaid, sure, but the Cowboys at least have an experienced alternative in case McCoy is done for the season.

Yeah, it looks like he'll be counted on once again as a starter. Got to see what Crawford is doing to cause such a curse on those who are supposed to start in front of him or knock him off the roster.

Reaction score
Crawford is mostly hype, with little substance.
Between his shoulders and hips, he hasn't been fully healthy in forever.

Maybe it will be more of the same. Or maybe a healthy Crawford will contribute more than people think.

aria

Reaction score
Garrett used up all the good injury karma.
We have been extremely fortunate in recent years on the injury front. This sucks for him but luckily it wasn’t the secondary where we have almost no depth.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Well, maybe this is why Tyrone Crawford is still on the roster. He's overpaid, sure, but the Cowboys at least have an experienced alternative in case McCoy is done for the season.

I don't think he is overpaid though I realize that is the prevailing opinion here on CZ. Look at Tank's performance when Crawford was next to him, he was a different player. Crawford doesn't put up the stats but he is a difference maker.

We will be just fine without McCoy - I wasn't a big fan of the signing anyway. Your starting defensive line is DLaw, Poe, Crawford, Griffen with Aldon Smith and Antwan Woods subbing in, maybe even Armstrong and Trysten Hill. I'm more than happy with that line.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If he does have a torn ACL then he will be headed for IR. Only the big stars with big contracts get the clause that pays them 100% on IR. Chances are McCoy's contract doesn't have that so he will get 80% of his salary for this season which means the Cowboys will be on the hook for only 2 mil. Roster bonuses don't get paid only salary.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So much for that “historic” defensive front

Always a possibility in this game, which is why you need depth. Crawford isn't bad depth to have at 3-tech, but hopefully one of the two young ones (Hill, Gallimore) can step up and be better if McCoy's injury is as bad as it seems.