Twitter: Gerald McCoy Injured - out for season **merged**

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Oh God. This is a bigger set back to me than most think. I actually was in the belief McCoy was going to have a hell of a season, possibly the best on the d-line with all the other guys letting him get some 1 on 1 opportunities.

I heard back in February David Irving was thinking of a reinstatement.

We could have the all bad boy d-line back. Jerry, call him up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This news really sucks. Out of all of the great free agent and draft moves, McCoy was still my favorite and I was so looking forward to seeing him out there being a leader for the defense...
:banghead:

Rayman70

Reaction score
This sucks

Gallimore and Hill need to step up.

But this sucks.

Always wanted McCoy on the Cowboys since his OU days. I wasn’t expecting him to be an All-Pro here, but I thought he still had something left in the tank. Was really looking forward to seeing that group play together. This sounds like a pretty serious injury and given his age you wonder if it’s career ending.
well said. I live in Texas and seen many a battle with Texas and OU when McCoy was there. Great grinder, great player. SADLY, I see him retiring after this sort of injury. Maybe he becomes a coach or something and we can hire him in 2021.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200.gif
good thing we still have Crawford.....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Time to call Margus Hunt and also kick the tires on Snacks. See if he's willing to help.Hunt would likely be the better fit.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm shocked he hasn't been given a shot by someone.........
Me too. He must not want to come back. I am sure his agent could get him a tryout. He of course would let the team know he will be paying a fine here and there. He isn’t going to stop. And my guess would be since the rule change that Gregory has failed a test and that maybe the hold up on his reinstatement.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I doubt they will start both Woods and Poe. That's a lot of beef, but lacking in speed or ability to shoot the gaps.

I was actually referring to the fact that he played a part in ending McCoy’s season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Time to call Margus Hunt and also kick the tires on Snacks. See if he's willing to help.Hunt would likely be the better fit.
How much money do we have left in the wallet. We still have to pay McCoy. 3 year deal and 1 shot.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Just when you think things are looking up, the football gods let us know Jerry still made a deal with the devil long ago.
I assume you have a video of Jerry injuring McCoy? Otherwise, there’s stupid, and there’s this. No other excuse.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I pretty much said the same thing I'm also worried about Poe and wondering if Griffen can fall off in one year these older guys you never know when it's going to happen
The idea is to rotate them in and out. Hoping the younger and other players can hold up also..

Valkyr

Reaction score
McCoy is out for the season with a torn quad.

Jerry Jones just learned a lesson on football without mercy or grace. Joey Galloway out for the season knee injury after trading away 2 no.1 picks. Troy Aikman was forced into retirement due to concussions the same year.

Football is a collision sport with neither mercy or grace. So Poe is unavailable and McCoy is unavailable. Jerry Jones showed no grace and mercy to Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson,and ran off Bill Parcells. However, we know that since Jerry Jones bought God's Favorite Team...

"Your grace and mercy brought me through
I'm living this moment because of You
I want to thank You and praise You, too
Your grace and mercy brought me through"

Still a Cowboys fan relying on Grace and Mercy instead of reliable and available players on defense to contend for a Super Bowl.
But Jerry does love the song 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Clear reason why u don’t cut players like Crawford who provide depth bc you feel they are paid too much

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I think Crawford could still fill that roll next to poe. With griffin and dlaw at ends he should be a sufficient body in the middle. We gave him all that money for a reason.

Not saying he’s McCoy. But he can be a solid starter. Especially when he’s prob the 3rd 4th best guy on that line.