RELEASED Gerald McCoy released w/injury waiver

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How long was the original contract for?

I was just gonna say this. People are acting like the Cowboys eft him. He signed it knowing what was in it. Enthusiastically.

And yes...sure...nothing wrong with players "trying to get as much as they can". Nothing wrong with the team saying no. It's how it works. As someone said.....3 million for some summer workouts...oh poor me I guess I have mow some lawns to make the bills...welcome to real street life.

why would Dallas sign a player with a jacked up knee?

Doesn’t make sense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s so funny to me how anyone can ever side with owners. I’d love to figure out the psychology behind it.

It’s also the reason we’re all in the position we find ourselves in now. King-worship and wannabeism
Side with the owners about what? Releasing McCoy? I can't see how that would be considered a bad move.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why did Dallas sign a player with a jacked up knee?
It wasn't a certainty the quad would rupture, and it was an opportunity to get a high quality player at a reasonable price. And, they protected themselves in the contract.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
he had a partial tear.

no way that knee holds up.

I will say this...his agent did an excellent job of selling his client.

btw, anyone with a jacked knee knows this. Try doing the duck walk excercise.
For the love of God stop posting the same weong information over again.

He had tendinitis, not a partial tear.
Amari Cooper has plantar fasciitis, should we not have signed him?

aikemirv

Reaction score
This is why players are selfish. If owners have no loyalty, then why should players have loyalty? And if it's just business, which I don't doubt it is, then it should be just business when Players hold out etc...
Part of the contract and he got 3 million for signing his name on a piece of paper.

What is the problem?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Honestly I was. Little surprised with that. He seemed like he genuinely was going to be here and help teach even through injury.

it’s a business. Totally understand why players feel the way they feel.
If you want him to teach pay him as a coach - not on your cap!

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Huh?

He had a clause in his contract specifically regarding his quad. Both parties knew the risk.

He's getting 3 mil, try not to feel too bad for him.

Exactly, he ends up with 3 million for one practice and this is harsh? Especially since they both obviously knew his quad was a concern.
If they didn’t set it up like this the narrative would have been how stupid is Jerry for signing a player with a risky quad and now is stuck with the contract.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why players are selfish. If owners have no loyalty, then why should players have loyalty? And if it's just business, which I don't doubt it is, then it should be just business when Players hold out etc...
I agree with much of this, but there is one difference. Sometimes when players hold out they are still under contract, so they aren't honoring the terms of their contract when they hold out.

Reactions: CWR

DuncanIso

Reaction score
For the love of God stop posting the same weong information over again.

He had tendinitis, not a partial tear.
Amari Cooper has plantar fasciitis, should we not have signed him?

he had more than inflammation in his tendons. 8) he had a tear that caused the ligament to detach from the “knee structure.”

and Dallas knew it. Why would they put that waiver in the contract otherwise. 8/

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Exactly, he ends up with 3 million for one practice and this is harsh? Especially since they both obviously knew his quad was a concern.
If they didn’t set it up like this the narrative would have been how stupid is Jerry for signing a player with a risky quad and now is stuck with the contract.

I think the 3 million should have been spent on a player that was healthy.

He shouldn’t have been on the field.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the 3 million should have been spent on a player that was healthy.

He shouldn’t have been on the field.
He had to pass a physical, so the team obviously felt there was a good chance the quad wouldn't be a problem. I imagine they felt it was a small risk for a potentially big reward.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Side with the owners about what? Releasing McCoy? I can't see how that would be considered a bad move.

Its a smart football decision and people still want to cry. It appears to me our FO had foresight and protected themselves against something catastrophic.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No. About broader issues like labor negotiations and corporate welfare in the form of tax payer funded stadiums. Etc.

The point was made about players not showing loyalty and examples like this are why it’s understandable-to some.