Twitter: Gerald McCoy (vegan) loss 20lbs

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The human being is an omnivorous creature no matter how much people claim otherwise. It's like forcing a dog to eat a vegetable diet. It's unhealthy and goes against basic biology.

The player himself admitted it effected his body in a negative manner.
That's not true, sorry. It's just not. I'm NOT by any stretch a vegan, but there are a bunch of athletes who live that lifestyle, even body builders, football players and MMA fighters who maintain a healthy self and perform at a high level.

DanA

Reaction score
It not impossible but it is difficult in that it’s something that I think people tend to take time to get right. I don’t think you can wing it in a vegan diet like you can a regular one.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That's not true, sorry. It's just not. I'm NOT by any stretch a vegan, but there are a bunch of athletes who live that lifestyle, even body builders, football players and MMA fighters who maintain a healthy self and perform at a high level.

Yup. Being omnivorous means you can take nutrients from many sources. It doesn't mean we need animal protein.

Herbivores can only survive on veggies and fruit. Carnivores need just meat. Omnivores can survive on either. Basic failure of understanding to claim omnivores need both. Needing both would be an evolutionary failure.

Do they still teach science in schools? This is like 5th grade stuff

Reactions: G2

kskboys

Reaction score
The vegan diet does not work for professional sports. It's been tried before and has failed miserably every time. The last player I remember trying it was Arian Foster of the Texans. Bill Walton was another.

People who go on vegan diets in pro sports end up injury prone and not as good.