Twitter: Gerald McCoy (vegan) loss 20lbs

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has a financial problem attached to him.
And if the Cowboys aren't able to make a deal, the Dalton will step in out of necessity, but by your own criteria it's important to have a younger, longer term solution. Dak offers much more certainty for that than either Dalton or a draft pick.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Real trenchman eat meat and potatoes:mad:
And drink bourbon after the work day ends:confused:

quickccc

Reaction score
10 years into the league, I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing. Poe is our big boy in the middle to eat double teams.

and if Poe gets hurt ? who then becomes the big boy in the middle ? Human Log Antuann Woods ?
Will the team depend upon "rookies" Hill and Gillmore to handle the front if both Poe and Woods get dinged ?
And Woods is no durable Iron man , he's battled injuries and missed games the last couple of years.

i hoped we'd be bring in some unheralded dark horses biggies as 1 techs as undrafted rookie FA's ..ala Vikes' Michael Pierce who was
drafted as such by Ravens and became a top notch 1 tech run stuffer, but perhaps any in consideration that were on Cowboys draft board as
late rounders to hopeful undrafted were already swooped up so fast and out priced, that the Cowboys were settled on what was already
on the roster. plus there's always the chance at summer's 55 roster or off a practice squad if they impressed that much.

:eek:

John813

Reaction score
and if Poe gets hurt ? who then becomes the big boy in the middle ? Human Log Antuann Woods ?
Will the team depend upon "rookies" Hill and Gillmore to handle the front if both Poe and Woods get dinged ?
And Woods is no durable Iron man , he's battled injuries and missed games the last couple of years.

i hoped we'd be bring in some unheralded dark horses biggies as 1 techs as undrafted rookie FA's ..ala Vikes' Michael Pierce who was
drafted as such by Ravens and became a top notch 1 tech run stuffer, but perhaps any in consideration that were on Cowboys draft board as
late rounders to hopeful undrafted were already swooped up so fast and out priced, that the Cowboys were settled on what was already
on the roster. plus there's always the chance at summer's 55 roster or off a practice squad if they impressed that much.

:eek:

I doubt poe and McCoy would of ever shared the same responsibilities but that's just a guess. I assume Woods would be the backup. Who knows about Hill and how they see him with Gallimore waiting in the wings

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Now if only Zeke would go vegan and lose 20 lbs. He'd run for 2,000 yards and probably throw for 2,000 too.

he would not need to go vegan or become a vegetarian to lose 20 lbs

Reaction score
I can see this being a good idea if they are asking him to play 5 tech majority of snaps....but if not get this man on the Whataburger triple with cheese diet stat :eek:
And DIET coke.

Let's not get crazy here.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bottom line is we need a young player to step up. McCoy is nothing more than a stop gap.

He's a name that has seen better days as a player. He might give us a good year and he might not. Either way we need Hill or Gallimore to come on strong.

You say this like he’s 35 lmao. McCoy is nowhere near washed and I expect a very good year from him

Reactions: CWR

RandyOh

Reaction score
And DIET coke.

Let's not get crazy here.
Always the Diet Coke when you order the burger worth an entire days caloric intake. Can’t look like too much a pig in front the Whataburger employees :oops:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Couple of trips to Lockhart and Hard Eight will get him back in playing form.

fivetwos

Reaction score
His 20 pound weight loss makes him faster to get to the QB. As long as he keeps his strengths, he will still be just as effective. Sometimes fatter is not better at DT. Still a lot of beef there to stop the run.
Agreed, but I hope he has the teams blessing for this.

If not he is flirting with not being what the team expected when they signed him.

That all said, it's nice to see dudes who care about football and being better instead of sunglasses sales.

InTheZone

Reaction score
as long as he lost some of the bad weight and added muscle and strength...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Me no likey. We need fat boys at 1T and 3T. He needs to go hang out at Golden Corral for 4-5 hours per day until training camp. :muttley:

I like this and I don't like this. I do like him getting in shape, but it is a little troubling about his comment that he was worried about how his play dropped off last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Me no likey. We need fat boys at 1T and 3T. He needs to go hang out at Golden Corral for 4-5 hours per day until training camp. :muttley:

Poe, McCoy, and Neville. What these guys are going to do for the defense is going to be amazing. We will now get a push up the middle on pass rush downs. Lawrence is going to have his best year as a pro. Book it if he doesn't get injured. Teams are going to have major problems running on us.

These guys will keep the linebackers clean. Front 7 is going to be one of the best in the NFL in my opinion.