Gerald Willis III

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Another guy I'm not high on. Seems like he plays well when Miami is rolling and disappears when Miami is getting whooped. Was a nonfactor in the 2 or 3 Hurricane games I watched live.
Put him up against a highly technical and well coached line like BC and it is not very pretty.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Put him up against a highly technical and well coached line like BC and it is not very pretty.

Yikes, he is getting washed.

Although, BC looks to be attacking the opposite gap as Willis on a lot of those plays.

Looks like us against the Rams.

Alexander

Reaction score
Yikes, he is getting washed.

Although, BC looks to be attacking the opposite gap as Willis on a lot of those plays.

Looks like us against the Rams.
Lindstrom also flat out owned him on several occasions. I know he has had other games that are good, but when I see a well coached line basically go right at a prospect, I have a feeling that is a better indicator of what an NFL line is going to do against the player than a monster game against mediocre competition.

They were passing him off to each other like a joint a frat party. Everyone got a hit.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
First year back to real football and did well... I am speaking as someone who follows Hurricane football as a fan. If he gets a chance to be coached up by Rod and Leon he can turn into something really good.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Just watched the first 2.5 minutes, and my takeaways:

- Several plays where he is getting extra attention in a double team OR the play is going away from him
- 1 play where he is absolutely stoned in 1:1 against the G
- A few plays where his initial quickness gets him in the backfield - but the play is going the opposite direction.

I'd agree there are some quality snaps against Willis from the BC line, and Lindstrom is likely a top 50/60 talent in his own right, but I don't think he gets dominated by any means. You see multiple plays where is gets additional attention from a double team or the play goes away from him. I have no idea if BC game planned this way, but sure as heck looks like it.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I like Willis but I'm scared now after some of you guys saying that he gets pushed around too much

RS12

Reaction score
Lindstrom also flat out owned him on several occasions. I know he has had other games that are good, but when I see a well coached line basically go right at a prospect, I have a feeling that is a better indicator of what an NFL line is going to do against the player than a monster game against mediocre competition.

They were passing him off to each other like a joint a frat party. Everyone got a hit.
Yeah and he will be running into guys like Lindstrom on a regular basis. Melly Mel was on Golic and Wingo this AM and said he is hearing Jeffrey Simmons falls to round 2. Jerry sure doesnt have to wory about taking a flyer on him even if he has to move up.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm looking to you guys for a 1 tech run stopper and I get 3 tech's! c'mon guys. Any thoughts on Tillery? 6'7' 310, long arms, good lateral movement, can add weight to the frame. FA for a run stuffing DT on first downs? 3 tech in the draft? Maybe it's wishful thinking to add some bulk up front, seems we shy away from that. Ram's game should be a forewarn while we hope it was a one off

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

So who DO you like Alexander?

Alexander

Reaction score
I'm looking to you guys for a 1 tech run stopper and I get 3 tech's! c'mon guys. Any thoughts on Tillery? 6'7' 310, long arms, good lateral movement, can add weight to the frame. FA for a run stuffing DT on first downs? 3 tech in the draft? Maybe it's wishful thinking to add some bulk up front, seems we shy away from that. Ram's game should be a forewarn while we hope it was a one off
Tillery is another guy that scares me.

You watch him sometimes he is great, like in this game.

Others? You can barely tell who he is he is so low impact.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Of the DTs?

Love Dre'Mont Jones, I just doubt he will be there.

Saunders, Wren, Daniel Wise, Mack and Trysten Hill are others I would be okay with the deeper you go in the process. Arman Watts very late.

How do you over look his weakness against the run, or is that just talk? Wouldn't you say he's a 3 tech or even DE. Could like the flexibility I suppose. Can get after the QB

Alexander

Reaction score
How do you over look his weakness against the run, or is that just talk? Wouldn't you say he's a 3 tech or even DE. Could like the flexibility I suppose. Can get after the QB
He is less than thrilling against the run, but as a 3-T, you want that premium on the pass rush, like what we had in Irving.

We are likely not going to get a monster DT at our spots in the draft, so you look for some trait that is a cut above and he is at least a quality rusher.