Get Cousins at all costs!

Jenky

Reaction score
Lets see was Cousins NFL rookie of the year? With the losses in talent and the defense's struggles in 2017 from 2016 Prescott still managed to win 9 games - Cousins 7. Just because the skins were so foolish to franchise cousins 2 years in a row and cause his salary and his worth to balloon way out of proportion doesn't mean everyone falls for that. You obviously have.

Money and worth are entirely different subjects.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So, in a word lets thrown in the hat on Prescott, I mean in your mind and a lot like you in his 2nd year we should be super bowl bound? Right. I mean ALL top notch QB's go to a super bowl in their 2nd year ? Right??? Good grief, I'm no fan boy and the only dog I have in this hunt is seeing our boys go back and win another ring, but I am about sick and tired of all you arm chair QB's jumping off the train before it's really even gotten down the track. Go do some research on say Staubach, Aikman, hell go research Mr football Brady.... tell us all how many of them went to a Sb in their 2nd year? Do tell, I'm waiting............

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Damn you beat me to it... Fickle *** fan base. Like I said no wonder people hate our fans so much.

I don't know why anyone would get upset about fans showing some interest in a very good quarterback. I'm sure the fans of other teams are showing interest too. I personally am not convinced Cousins is the answer, but I'm not surprised there's some interest in him. My guess is that he ends up in Denver.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The "at all cost" is an over reaction we can not afford to make. Yes we need better QB play but when didn't get much farther when we had it. This team will go farther if Dak can elevate his play when needed while continuing to pound the rock via 1st world run game. These coaches have to make sure and get the ball to whomever is working best with Dak regardless of contract or tantrums....winning is all that matters.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree, I’m not saying he’s worth the money. I’m saying this idea he’s better than Dak is absurd. He’s far better than Dak.

He’s not elite, but he’s in a better class of passers in the NFL than Dak will ever get too. Dak’s mechanics are awful. Kirk isn’t afraid the fling the ball, while Dak is cowardly and a checkdown king.

Taking into account what Dak has had to deal with as far as homer excuses, such as Smith being worse, Cousins has had it far, far worse.

Also, the Commanders wanted to sign him long-term last year, but he didn’t want it. And if he signed again, then there are further monetary implications for the Commanders for using their third franchise tag on him.

So Kirk played it beautifully.

And now the Commanders gave up a third and their best defensive player, plus 70 plus million for renting out Alex Smith.
he is not far better than dak, given you live in DC you are probably brainwashed by the media... he is middle of the pack. he has been at it longer

his record as the starter over the past three years has been 9-7, 8-7-1, and 7-9.

and its not like he hasn't had any weapons, he has had some really good ones, good bunc of WRs. a nice OL, a good TE. a good coach according to you, better than garrett, in a QB friendly offense....yet they have been 10th, 12th and 10th in scoring. he is really bad inside the redzone, where it counts. he also collects a bunch of garbage time stats. his record against good teams is bad, and he plays well against weaker competition.

he is not better than Dak, far from it. he is in the middle of the pack, same as Dak is at this point.

he is an average QB, that needs support to be able to take his team over the top. collects yards between the 20s, collects ton of garbage time stats. in critical times he has failed consistently. not good under pressure. doesn't lift his team up, but relies on them a lot to make him successful.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
So, in a word lets thrown in the hat on Prescott, I mean in your mind and a lot like you in his 2nd year we should be super bowl bound? Right. I mean ALL top notch QB's go to a super bowl in their 2nd year ? Right??? Good grief, I'm no fan boy and the only dog I have in this hunt is seeing our boys go back and win another ring, but I am about sick and tired of all you arm chair QB's jumping off the train before it's really even gotten down the track. Go do some research on say Staubach, Aikman, hell go research Mr football Brady.... tell us all how many of them went to a Sb in their 2nd year? Do tell, I'm waiting............

A ton of cowboys fans expected Superbowl this year for some reason. I think thats why there's so many hurt feelings.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Kirk has never had a RB as good as Elliott.
Kirk has never had a line as good as the Cowboys. He had games last year where he only had 1 starter on his line playing.
Kirk has never had superstar receivers.
Kirk has never had a defense that's better than Dak's Cowboys.
KIRK probably has a better coach.

As dysfunctional as the Commanders are, Kirk right now is a better QB than Dak is.
he may not have had a good RB, but he had a good OL, Williams is no chump, and Sherrf are both probowlers and great OL men. perhaps not as good as cowboys but among the better ones in the league.
he hasn't had superstar receiver, neither do cowboys. Dez is not a super star. Kirk has had better receiving corp, with Jackson, Garcon, crowder, Doctson, Reed and Davis. I take them over what we have any day of the week.

our defenses haven't been that great neither. both teams boast average defenses. our defense only looked good last year because of the offense. when offense struggled this year, we again saw a very average defense that had trouble stopping anybody.

yes, they had a better coach and a very QB friendly offense.

he has had a lot of trouble against better teams. his record and his play against teams with a winning record is horrible. he beats up nicely on below average teams and makes tons of plays when the team is far behind.

Kirk is average. he is not better than Dak

Jenky

Reaction score
he has had a lot of trouble against better teams. his record and his play against teams with a winning record is horrible. he beats up nicely on below average teams and makes tons of plays when the team is far behind.

^ that line reminded me of what people used to say about Tony Romo.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The "at all cost" is an over reaction we can not afford to make. Yes we need better QB play but when didn't get much farther when we had it. This team will go farther if Dak can elevate his play when needed while continuing to pound the rock via 1st world run game. These coaches have to make sure and get the ball to whomever is working best with Dak regardless of contract or tantrums....winning is all that matters.

Well said. "At all costs" usually translates to "costing way too much" as in the Vikings trading for Herschel Walker. I might be sympathetic to "at the right price" IF Cousins is a good fit for us, which I'm not certain if he is.

blindzebra

Reaction score
he may not have had a good RB, but he had a good OL, Williams is no chump, and Sherrf are both probowlers and great OL men. perhaps not as good as cowboys but among the better ones in the league.
he hasn't had superstar receiver, neither do cowboys. Dez is not a super star. Kirk has had better receiving corp, with Jackson, Garcon, crowder, Doctson, Reed and Davis. I take them over what we have any day of the week.

our defenses haven't been that great neither. both teams boast average defenses. our defense only looked good last year because of the offense. when offense struggled this year, we again saw a very average defense that had trouble stopping anybody.

yes, they had a better coach and a very QB friendly offense.

Kirk is average. he is not better than Dak
Prepare to be attacked, how dare you state facts. Don't you know Cousins has been winning games with a high school JV team out there with him.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
^ that line reminded me of what people used to say about Tony Romo.

From what I remember of Romo/Cowboys at that time it was the opposite of that. They would step up to the competition they had (reminds me of the i think 2013 season when Romo went toe-to-toe with Manning/Denver and we nearly won), but then a team we are better then comes along and wow we cant do a thing.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Peyton Manning got to the SB four times...some with very average defenses.

Green Bay 2011---what??? They were 32nd in team defense....32nd.....Dallas was 16th.

Wondering what you were watching?

:facepalm::muttley:

Aven8

Reaction score
Just saw him on NFL network and he found out about the trade via twitter the next morning. No one called him until the next day! And we thought our HC and Owner were the only jerks in football!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The legend of Romo grows.

Pretty soon, the narrative will be he will have had horrific talent to catch the passes he threw and he did it all alone.
:laugh:
You couldn't make this mess up if you tried bro.

Roger Staubach pales in comparison to the almighty Romo.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Just saw him on NFL network and he found out about the trade via twitter the next morning. No one called him until the next day! And we thought our HC and Owner were the only jerks in football!

What a classy team move, this guy has wanted a long term deal and yet they keep franchising him and then they go out and grab an older QB. I just looked tho and to be honest, I didn't think Cousins was the age he is, he is 29 and Smith is 33, I was expecting Smith to be a lot older! He was drafted in 2005 and Cousins was drafted in 2012!

Gator88

Reaction score
The legend of Romo grows.

Pretty soon, the narrative will be he will have had horrific talent to catch the passes he threw and he did it all alone.
To be fair, he had really bad pass blocking lines until about 2013. He also usually had a poor running game, and his receiving options other than Witten and his #1 receiver (TO/Austin/Dez) were usually really lackluster. He had 2 great to fantastic receiving options most of his career, but the rest of his offensive support was generally pretty bad.