Get Jim Harbaugh

lukin2006

Reaction score
Another thing to remember. Harbaugh didn't just come home to coach his Alma Mater ... his Dad was an assistant and Jim lived there for 6 years before attending Michigan. In many ways, I think he considers Ann Arbor his hometown. It's more like the hometown boy returned home. He likes Michigan. He is a great person, maybe odd. But I remember a story where he uses to make his kids go with him on missionary work...

lukin2006

Reaction score
If we really want someone to come in a ruffle Jerry's feathers, hire BB...LOL

GenoT

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh would be my pick, however...

Michigan’s paying him @$7-8 mil a year (and they would likely match any competing offer), he has complete control of the football program and has, since he started coaching, stated that coaching at his alma mater would be his “dream job.”

Unfortunately, JH coaching the DCs ain’t gonna happen.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This is what Jim's 4th year. So the first 2-3 years he was using the previous coaches players, now that Jim has been able to recruit and put his stamp on the team I think they'll be perennial Big 10 contenders. It's Michigan, they are on national tv a lot, up and coming recruits like that. I do not find them boring at all. Maybe JG and SL should study Michigan film, considering they want to be a running team. I think Michigan can win it all, the D can be suffocating, the O-line has really come into its own and has to be one of the better o-line units and most importantly because they run the ball so much, and I think their D can hang with Alabama and Clemson, their punishing running style may wear be to wear them down. I do not even worry about ND, if Michigan played ND today, it'd be one-sided Michigan. Most importantly Michigan goy Gary and Black back...that's like an NFL team getting 2 pro-bowlers back in the stretch run. The only way I see them losing to OSU ... is just simply because its each team biggest rivalry, so all bets are off in this sense. I just don't see how OSU offence can compete against Michigans D, OSU doesn't have much of a running game.
And then in typical fashion Michigan blows the big game!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is what Jim's 4th year. So the first 2-3 years he was using the previous coaches players, now that Jim has been able to recruit and put his stamp on the team I think they'll be perennial Big 10 contenders...I just don't see how OSU offence can compete against Michigans D...

Ohio State knocks off Michigan, 62-39

The 62 points Ohio State scored are the most it has ever had against Michigan in the long history of their rivalry.

Harbaugh STILL sucks. :muttley:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go watch him on all or nothing..

The guy is a weirdo.

If he could win here then i'm all for it but he's an oddball.

The dream right now is the Saints win the Superbowl, Breese retires, and Payton opts out.

“A feature on Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson from Bleacher Report’s Matt Hayes contains the story, as told by former Michigan quarterback Wilton Speight.

"Early in his Michigan tenure, Harbaugh pulled Speight aside and told him not to eat chicken, a protein that is considered fairly safe by nutritionists," Hayes wrote. "When Speight asked why, Harbaugh said, 'because it's a nervous bird.'"

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No, he doesn't. Guarantee he will be far more successful than the current coach of the Cowboys...

Harbaugh is an idiot. Jason Garrett isn't the measuring stick. Wanna new coach? Fine. Aim higher than Jim Harbaugh.

Nice call on the OSU-Michigan game, by the way. :rolleyes: