Get Ready for Deeuuuuuuuuuce!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We haven't won a Super Bowl since the days of Moose Johnston. Remember him? Every time he would get the ball, the crowd would roar "Moooooooose," which just seemed demoralizing for the opposition.

Now, we have Deeuuuuuuuuce in our backfield, and you don't think the crown will adapt the old Moose call to fit Deuece's name?

Man, I can't wait for football season.

The more tape I watch on Deuece, the more I know we'll be just fine at RB. He's just one piece of the puzzle, but this is going to be a solid team, ladies and gents. Get ready Cowboy fans, the doom and gloom days are almost over.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We haven't won a Super Bowl since the days of Moose Johnston. Remember him? Every time he would get the ball, the crowd would roar "Moooooooose," which just seemed demoralizing for the opposition.

Now, we have Deeuuuuuuuuce in our backfield, and you don't think the crown will adapt the old Moose call to fit Deuece's name?

The more tape I watch on Deuece, the more I know we'll be just fine at RB. He's just one piece of the puzzle, but this is going to be a solid team, ladies and gents. Get ready Cowboy fans, the doom and gloom days are almost over.
Made a post about luke schoonmaker, are they gonna say LUUUUUUKE, OR SCHOOOOOOON

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I understand the excitement but right now I think Vaughn's ceiling is as a Tarik Cohen-type gadget player. The Cowboys are going to have to find creative ways to get him the ball in space.

At least for now I think we need to temper our expectations just a little bit. Vaughn is not going to be outworked and he could end up being a steal, but personally I am taking a wait and see approach.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Transitioning from the classic Moooooose to Deuuuuuce would be a very natural, not to mention, poetic transition. And, they rhyme!!!

Just when it seems apparent that the diminutive Deuce has disappeared from the face of the Earth behind our OL, Voila! He appears!!!

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I can't wait, either. Salud!

kskboys

Reaction score
I think he's grossly underrated on this board. I see a really good rotational back who could approach a grand in rushing yds, and an open field beast who you just can't seem to catch.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Deuce Vaughn hype continues and now it’s creating Super Bowl talk. :laugh: I’m pulling for the guy, but some of you are going way overboard. Lol Never have I seen this much hype for a Cowboys player drafted this low.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

If you keep watching tape on him, you’re going to have him in the Hall of Fame before he ever has his first carry in the NFL. I don’t think there’s anyone on this board more enamored with him than you are. :laugh:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've got my Deuce call ready and think it will get used often! Let's go!!!!!!!

deuce-vaughn-dv22.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've got my Deuce call ready and think it will get used often! Let's go!!!!!!!

deuce-vaughn-dv22.gif
To be used often as a runner in the backfield he’s going have to make a lot of plays. Even with all the big plays Pollard was making it took time for him to get enough carries to satisfy fans. If Vaughn starts jitterbugging around a lot and can’t get past the scrimmage when given an opportunity he won’t get many carries. He’s going to have to pop some runs early on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ok, but would you say he’s a better prospect than Bijan Robinson?
Not the same type of players. He can probably have special plays that allow Deuce advantages and to keep linebackers on their heels as to development from sets.

Bijan will be a workhorse and will pound a defense as to fatigue. He can work much more from inside and off tackles/misdirections.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn may be the most hyped player by the fans the Cowboys have ever drafted. Lol No way would you think he was a 6th round pick. It’s been less than two months since he was drafted and I’ve lost track of the threads that have been started drooling over him. He’s been compared to Barry Sanders on this board and one fan claimed he would take Vaughn over a young Emmitt Smith. :facepalm: I’m not saying he’s not going to be a good player but I don’t think he’s going to come remotely close to being the caliber of player some of you think he will be. I’ve seen fans go overboard with players, but nothing like this.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn may be the most hyped player by the fans the Cowboys have ever drafted. Lol No way would you think he was a 6th round pick. It’s been less than two months since he was drafted and I’ve lost track of the threads that have been started drooling over him. He’s been compared to Barry Sanders on this board and one fan claimed he would take Vaughn over a young Emmitt Smith. :facepalm: I’m not saying he’s not going to be a good player but I don’t think he’s going to come remotely close to being the caliber of player some of you think he will be. I’ve seen fans go overboard with players, but nothing like this.
So what...That's what being a fan is all about. Everyone, most people, pick a player and pull for him to do well, especially on their favorite team. Why it bothers you that many are saying he's going to be good is beyond me. We have no clue how good he will be, he may not be good enough for the NFL but, believe it or not, i don't think his size will be the determining factor. The guy is short but he's still pretty thick and big for his height. Its just fun to see the short guys come in and be a factor, kind of like Turpin did. When people put Deuce in the same conversation as Sproles and some of the greats i wouldn't let it bother me if i were you....