Get Ready for Deeuuuuuuuuuce!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok, but would you say he’s a better prospect than Bijan Robinson?
Some here have claimed Vaughn was the best back in the draft. If he turns out to be a good player, there’s going to be fans on this board claiming that I said he was going to suck and that’s not true! I’ve already had someone claim that I’m saying he’s going to suck. Lol What I’m saying and have been saying is he’s not going to be Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Adrian Peterson or some of the other HOF backs that fans are comparing him with him. He may very well end up a good player but if he ends up in the Hall of Fame, then I was wrong about him. Lol

TheCritic

Reaction score
We haven't won a Super Bowl since the days of Moose Johnston. Remember him? Every time he would get the ball, the crowd would roar "Moooooooose," which just seemed demoralizing for the opposition.

Now, we have Deeuuuuuuuuce in our backfield, and you don't think the crown will adapt the old Moose call to fit Deuece's name?

Man, I can't wait for football season.

The more tape I watch on Deuece, the more I know we'll be just fine at RB. He's just one piece of the puzzle, but this is going to be a solid team, ladies and gents. Get ready Cowboy fans, the doom and gloom days are almost over.
I love the optimism but I temper that with the improvement of other NFC teams. The Cowboys had a great offseason but so did other NFC teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So what...That's what being a fan is all about. Everyone, most people, pick a player and pull for him to do well, especially on their favorite team. Why it bothers you that many are saying he's going to be good is beyond me. We have no clue how good he will be, he may not be good enough for the NFL but, believe it or not, i don't think his size will be the determining factor. The guy is short but he's still pretty thick and big for his height. Its just fun to see the short guys come in and be a factor, kind of like Turpin did. When people put Deuce in the same conversation as Sproles and some of the greats i wouldn't let it bother me if i were you....
That’s exactly what being a fan is comparing a 6th round pick to Barry Sanders and several other Hall of Fame backs. Lol You can pull for the guy without putting him up there with those backs. What fans are saying about Vaughn doesn’t bother me, I just find it laughable. I don’t start threads complaining about it I just contribute my opinion. Putting Vaughn in the same conversation with Darren Sproles is realistic. However, fans are putting him in the same conversation with Barry Sanders. Do you think that’s being realistic? You have to admit the hype has gone way overboard.

Bagman

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn may be the most hyped player by the fans the Cowboys have ever drafted. Lol No way would you think he was a 6th round pick. It’s been less than two months since he was drafted and I’ve lost track of the threads that have been started drooling over him. He’s been compared to Barry Sanders on this board and one fan claimed he would take Vaughn over a young Emmitt Smith. :facepalm: I’m not saying he’s not going to be a good player but I don’t think he’s going to come remotely close to being the caliber of player some of you think he will be. I’ve seen fans go overboard with players, but nothing like this.
All it will take is touches. If Deuce Vaughn is given 15-16 touches a game, he will give this team an unbelievable weapon. If you gave this guy 10 carries and 5 screen passes a game, theres no doubt in my mind he would boost this offense to tops in the league. He's absolutely incredible in the open field. And he's not made of glass either. Powerfully built for a short dude.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Vaughn starts jitterbugging around a lot and can’t get past the scrimmage when given an opportunity he won’t get many carries.
Barry Sanders made a HOF career jitterbugging around and not making many yards on a lot of carries. But you kept feeding him the ball because he would eventually make a SportsCenter Top 10 play. Not saying Vaughn is a Sanders quality back at all. But to give him the ball a handful of times Isn't giving him a chance to make many plays. That's true with any back even if it's Emmitt Smith.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Yawn.

Im done commenting until preseason starts. At which point it will be one Deuce Excuse thread after another.

Good times finna be a commin.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Barry Sanders made a HOF career jitterbugging around and not making many yards on a lot of carries. But you kept feeding him the ball because he would eventually make a SportsCenter Top 10 play. Not saying Vaughn is a Sanders quality back at all. But to give him the ball a handful of times Isn't giving him a chance to make many plays. That's true with any back even if it's Emmitt Smith.
Barry Sanders was the 3rd overall pick in what was possibly the greatest top 10 NFL draft ever. Four of the first five players taken ended up first ballot Hall of Famer‘s. Continuing to compare him to Sanders who’s one of the top three backs in NFL history is silly. He was 3 inches taller than Vaughn and just over 200 pounds. Sanders was drafted to be given a lot of opportunities. When you’re a sixth round pick teams aren’t going to build their offense around you, especially when you have a game changer like Pollard who’s being paid over $10 million this season. Vaughn is going to have to earn opportunities like Pollard did. Although Pollard was given few opportunities early on he always managed to break a big touchdown run. This is what gave him even more opportunities and put him in a position to be franchised. Those who are comparing Vaughn to Darren Sproles are at least making some sense. I agree with those comparisons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All it will take is touches. If Deuce Vaughn is given 15-16 touches a game, he will give this team an unbelievable weapon. If you gave this guy 10 carries and 5 screen passes a game, theres no doubt in my mind he would boost this offense to tops in the league. He's absolutely incredible in the open field. And he's not made of glass either. Powerfully built for a short dude.
He’s not going to get that many touches per game. He may not have one game where he has that many touches. Pollard only had five games last season where he had 15 or more touches. Some of you don’t seem to realize it’s not going to be as easy in the NFL for him to find creases. Someone who watched all his games last season said he was getting stopped at the line of scrimmage a lot. There’s a reason he lasted until the sixth round.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He ain’t rookie Elliot. I am not putting him down but have seen a lot of the next guy coming,

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I understand the excitement but right now I think Vaughn's ceiling is as a Tarik Cohen-type gadget player. The Cowboys are going to have to find creative ways to get him the ball in space.

At least for now I think we need to temper our expectations just a little bit. Vaughn is not going to be outworked and he could end up being a steal, but personally I am taking a wait and see approach.
Nothing wrong with the excitement for Deuce Vaughn. He has earned it with his performances the past 3 seasons against some of the best teams in college football.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To be used often as a runner in the backfield he’s going have to make a lot of plays. Even with all the big plays Pollard was making it took time for him to get enough carries to satisfy fans. If Vaughn starts jitterbugging around a lot and can’t get past the scrimmage when given an opportunity he won’t get many carries. He’s going to have to pop some runs early on.
Go watch Deuce's tapes. He's not one to breakdance back and forth in the backfield. He often hits the hole quickly and then jukes out a defender, two or three afterwards while still running for yardage.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Go watch Deuce's tapes. He's not one to breakdance back and forth in the backfield. He often hits the hole quickly and then jukes out a defender, two or three afterwards while still running for yardage.
Most of tapes that have been posted he’s had some big holes to run through a majority of the time. His tapes didn’t persuade anyone to draft them until the sixth round. All I’m saying is it’s not going to be as easy at the NFL level. Someone here was spinning a few days after the draft that he could rush for 2000 yards if the Cowboys gave him the opportunity. That’s ridiculous! Again, I’m not saying he’s not going to be a good player, but I don’t see him setting the NFL on fire either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We haven't won a Super Bowl since the days of Moose Johnston. Remember him? Every time he would get the ball, the crowd would roar "Moooooooose," which just seemed demoralizing for the opposition.

Now, we have Deeuuuuuuuuce in our backfield, and you don't think the crown will adapt the old Moose call to fit Deuece's name?

The more tape I watch on Deuece, the more I know we'll be just fine at RB. He's just one piece of the puzzle, but this is going to be a solid team, ladies and gents. Get ready Cowboy fans, the doom and gloom days are almost over.
Deuuuuuuuuuuuce!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Some here have claimed Vaughn was the best back in the draft. If he turns out to be a good player, there’s going to be fans on this board claiming that I said he was going to suck and that’s not true! I’ve already had someone claim that I’m saying he’s going to suck. Lol What I’m saying and have been saying is he’s not going to be Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Adrian Peterson or some of the other HOF backs that fans are comparing him with him. He may very well end up a good player but if he ends up in the Hall of Fame, then I was wrong about him. Lol
Who said that?

Shane612

Reaction score
Barry Sanders was the 3rd overall pick in what was possibly the greatest top 10 NFL draft ever. Four of the first five players taken ended up first ballot Hall of Famer‘s. Continuing to compare him to Sanders who’s one of the top three backs in NFL history is silly. He was 3 inches taller than Vaughn and just over 200 pounds. Sanders was drafted to be given a lot of opportunities. When you’re a sixth round pick teams aren’t going to build their offense around you, especially when you have a game changer like Pollard who’s being paid over $10 million this season. Vaughn is going to have to earn opportunities like Pollard did. Although Pollard was given few opportunities early on he always managed to break a big touchdown run. This is what gave him even more opportunities and put him in a position to be franchised. Those who are comparing Vaughn to Darren Sproles are at least making some sense. I agree with those comparisons.
Damn....
Can we wait and he if he makes the final roster before we start comparing him to one of the greatest?
:facepalm:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

I'm ready for it... the Deuceman cometh.. :dance: