Get Ready for Deeuuuuuuuuuce!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Sanders was 5'10 210. He ran a 4.4 forty.

The only comparison that could possibly be made is comparing Duece now to Sanders when he was in middle school.
Barry Sanders was definitely not 5’10” 210. He was 5’8” 201 pounds.

Emmitt was one inch taller at 5’9”.

That doesn’t mean that Vaughn will do well in the NFL (or not). It just means that Sanders was shorter and lighter than you have here in your post.

Sanders did have a better 40 time as well.

I find it difficult to try to predict how Vaughn will do in the NFL. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t make it… but then I also wouldn’t be surprised if he did well.

If I had to guess now, I’d say that I think he ends up as a good rotational back who does well catching the ball.

It will definitely be interesting to see what he does once they get to Oxnard and in some preseason games.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

That doesn’t mean that Vaughn will do well in the NFL (or not). It just means that Sanders was shorter and lighter than you have here in your post.

I find it difficult to try to predict how Vaughn will do in the NFL. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t make it… but then I also wouldn’t be surprised if he did well.

If I had to guess now, I’d say that I think he ends up as a good rotational back who does well catching the ball.

It will definitely be interesting to see what he does once they get to Oxnard and in some preseason games.
I thought he was taller than that. But I guess not.

And actual weight numbers are hard to come by. He came in ay 203. Id have a hard time believing he didnt add some weight during his career.

Emmitt came in at about the same weight and I saw a listing for him at 219.

So who knows.

Point still remains the same. Vaughn isnt close to the same height or weight of Sanders.

Unless you want to say 5'6 175 is close to 5'8 203?

And theres obviously the speed difference. Sanders ran a 4.37

Duece's forty time has been reported anywhere from a high 4.4 to 4.56

But as you said, we will see when we start having real practices/games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I thought he was taller than that. But I guess not.

And actual weight numbers are hard to come by. He came in ay 203. Id have a hard time believing he didnt add some weight during his career.

Emmitt came in at about the same weight and I saw a listing for him at 219.

So who knows.

Point still remains the same. Vaughn isnt close to the same height or weight of Sanders.

Unless you want to say 5'6 175 is close to 5'8 203?

And theres obviously the speed difference. Sanders ran a 4.37

Duece's forty time has been reported anywhere from a high 4.4 to 4.56

But as you said, we will see when we start having real practices/games.
Well, 5’6” (179 at the combine) is a lot closer to 5’8” 203 than it is to 5’10” 210.

There is 2 inches between 5’6” and 5’8”. If you think those two inches are significant, then you must think the 2 inch difference between 5’8” and 5’10” is just as significant.

And I’d like for you to know that I’m not saying Vaughn will or won’t do anything. I’m just making sure the sizes are correct.

What I think is that 2 inches shorter than one of the best backs in history isn’t a good reason to write Deuce off as a guy too small to help in a RB rotation (not that you are saying that).

I’m just waiting to see what happens. It’ll be fun.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Vaughn knows how to use his lack of size to his advantage. He can dart and duck behind 6'5-plus offensive linemen and be into the second level of the defense before anybody really sees him. Like others have said I can't wait to see how he does.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Let him start and finish a preseason game as the feature back, just like what Parcells did with Romo that one year.
20+ carries and a few passes out of the backfield.
"Last game of the preseason Brent, can't hold anything back now!" lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let him start and finish a preseason game as the feature back, just like what Parcells did with Romo that one year.
20+ carries and a few passes out of the backfield.
"Last game of the preseason Brent, can't hold anything back now!" lol
Preseason is finding out about a number of players. All the backs that could potentially replace Zeke have to be given an opportunity in preseason. Everyone is going to get a quarter or so to show what they have. That’s how preseason works. Romo got a full game because Parcells knew he was going to have a short leash with Bledsoe and Romo had to be ready. Our current RB situation is completely different.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I'm confident he makes it. But he'll face some challenges. Ball control and getting stuffed concern me. But he can make up for it in other areas.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Think he has a shot at 2,000 yards?

Reading posts here at the Zone, I think he has chance!
In a season?

Heck no. He could get up there in all-purpose yards. But nowhere near 2, 000 his rookie year. Would be very unlikely down the line. But I suppose it's possible.

I want to see 1,000 first.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think he could definitely contribute and be productive. I'm excited to see what he can do and what the coaches have in store, specially in the passing game and multiple back sets.