Get Ready for Deeuuuuuuuuuce!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sproles had two years, one early with SD and one later with Philly, where he had 93 & 94 carries. Thats right around 6 per game. All his other games he had lower or significantly lower number of carries.

2016, the year he had 94 carries, he averaged a little over 3 receptions per game.

Thats 9 touches per game. And those were the highest totals of his career. Most years significantly less.

He was also the returner. So he got touches there as well.

He was also faster and bigger than Deuce.

Deuce will not beat out Turpin.

It took Sproles a few years to be anything more than a returner.

So you willing to sit Deuce for a few years and have him contribute nothing?

Or do you think Deuce is far better than Sproles and will be given those 9 looks a game his first year. Even though hes not even good enough to be our returner?

You see my dilemma here? Being practical and all. Not getting all googoo over some hype videos.

I said it before. His best chance was to go to a team that needed a returner. Unfortunately, none of them wanted him.

The only team that wanted him was the team who had his dad as a scout.
He might, stay tuned

that too long to read or worry about this early but this is a RBBC type backfield and can work.. first off KT is KR/PR possible part time wr , where as Deuce was Fulltime highly productive skill payer with ton of snaps as starter in a competitive conference. Wrong comp as equally , size of KT or Deuce isnt reason to comp them but Sproles was a productive player in a RBBC type scenario. that's all we need as a reliable RBC with TP #1 and deuce coming in and showing what he can do..specuial teams ,might be bonus thats at NOT WHO HE IS..HES not ever been gadget player, hes starter got it? limited snaps sure , does a lot as a runner in RBBC type offenses.. we arent asking deuce to be a full-time starter, just a solid contributor then gets a few catches too boot. and??

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its funny. Remember the Barry vs Emmitt debates? All those railing against Barry being the better of the two because of all the tfls.

Now, no big deal.

So Barry was actually better than Emmitt the whole time. Who'd a thunk it.
No we are saying they are very different payers but the facts those types of players exist and last in the NFL. some are tough straight forward one cut guys and some like to create. Barry and ES22 were both great HOF RB types both very different ES best 3 down back Barry though one of the best pure Runners ive ever seen play from HS-pros both had downside ES slower Barry too much jitterbug TLFs and didn't block as well both equally great ..never a true debate for me, its like, trying to compare Zeke to Cmac or Kamara, its not the same.

If you have players like sproles, kamara, cmac etc. you have to split carries with RBBC if not you have zeke and ES22 types that can pay all 3 down and 60 snaps and be productive but their YPC suffer that what clueless fans like to compare Pollards YOC to Zekes and will some with me..not the same.. we saw TP suffer down the stretch last year more carries more dings BAM last 6 games no Tds, 3.8 YPC and 51 YPG he lost some energy and but.. they need to be party of a 2-3 back rotation. we saw it work for KC last year 9ers in years past..it can work here with this group. duece will be part of said group. with possbly hunter,malik, and Jones.

that said, im sure next draft and offseason a new back a more Zeke like back will be picked up..ie deuce can replace pollard after this year , we worry about next year , well next year...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can see the comparison between Sanders and Deuce, but I think Sanders had much more wiggle and short area burst.
Fans can compare the two all they want but if anyone thinks he has a chance to be the next Barry Sanders they’ll be wrong. Again, I’m not saying he won’t be a good player, I’m saying he won’t be Barry Sanders.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We haven't won a Super Bowl since the days of Moose Johnston. Remember him? Every time he would get the ball, the crowd would roar "Moooooooose," which just seemed demoralizing for the opposition.

Now, we have Deeuuuuuuuuce in our backfield, and you don't think the crown will adapt the old Moose call to fit Deuece's name?

Man, I can't wait for football season.

The more tape I watch on Deuece, the more I know we'll be just fine at RB. He's just one piece of the puzzle, but this is going to be a solid team, ladies and gents. Get ready Cowboy fans, the doom and gloom days are almost over.
Forget it, bro. Those wine and cheese fans at the stadium ain't doing fun stuff like this. I was hoping they'd do it for Cole Beasley with a Beeeez chant like the Steelers fans used to do for their TE Heath Miller for an unsung, unheralded player but nope.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think he’s going to be the next Barry Sanders and a few fans have a problem with it. Lol I have plenty of spirit I’m just keeping it real.
I was just messin. Im sure you will cheer him as much as anyone else.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was just messin. Im sure you will cheer him as much as anyone else.
I’m pulling for him just like everyone else but good luck convincing those that are either misunderstanding my point or are intentionally twisting what I’m saying. Some are under the impression that I think he’s not going to be any good, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Just because I don’t think he’s going to be the next Barry Sanders doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s going to be a good player.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will be like facing th every best of every team he's ever played. Most big college teams have a 270-300# D-lineman. He'll be crushed under 4-5 of 'em! Every week!

LOL...I hope not. I'm hoping they can't reach low enough to tackle and he's too wiggly to fall on. :)
In college it's a little easier to lower that shoulder sometimes. But as you pointed out the DL and LB are bigger so he needs to focus on evasion and convert to power when he has to before contact.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To be fair, if he was able to carry the rock 25-30 times per game in the Big 12 for 3 seasons without major injury, I see no reason why he would not be able to hold up physically in the NFL with 5-10 touches per game. I don't think anyone is expecting him to carry the load at any point in his career.

Honestly, unique players like Deuce are super difficult to project. We will just have to see what the on field product looks like in preseason. Much of his success (or lack thereof) will likely be the result of how the coaching stuff chooses to deploy his unique skillset.
There lies the roster problem. They have 2 guys who can not physically carry the load so they need at least 1 more. If lupke isn't that guy that means 4 runners on game day. That could be too much but at least deuce and leupke can play or backup st too.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m pulling for him just like everyone else but good luck convincing those that are either misunderstanding my point or are intentionally twisting what I’m saying. Some are under the impression that I think he’s not going to be any good, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Just because I don’t think he’s going to be the next Barry Sanders doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s going to be a good player.
Hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard only have five games last season where he had 15+ touches.
Has nothing to do with size. Had every to do with the coaching staff leaving Zeke in there to much.

Remember after every game last year all the "give Pollard more playing time" posts? Literally thousands of them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lilerally no one has said that.
He’s been “compared” to Barry Sanders plenty of times here but no one has said he’s going to be another Barry Sanders, so yes, no one has said that. However, there’s a few who seem to think or at least act like he has a chance to be Sanders or a Hall of Fame caliber back.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with size. Had every to do with the coaching staff leaving Zeke in there to much.

Remember after every game last year all the "give Pollard more playing time" posts? Literally thousands of them.
I never said it had anything to do with Pollard’s size. But Zeke is a more powerful back than Pollard. Some weeks it was like running into a brick wall, but he was still able to push out a yard or two. Everyone wanted Pollard to get more playing time because he has some juice and was breaking off long runs. The 3 to 6 yards Zeke was grinding out wasn’t doing it for the fans. They want to see big game changing plays. I don’t see Pollard being as successful if we overuse him. Keeping him fresh has been part of his success. Everyone wanted to see Marion Barber more and Felix Jones more and neither were as good when they were carrying the load

rags747

Reaction score
If Deuce gets 2 attempts per game it will be a lot imo, I think we have zero idea on how to utilize him.

rags747

Reaction score
Why do you think that? We already know that he will have a role in the RBBC offense.
Because we are always slow to get new talent onto the field. What makes you think differently? Would love to be wrong but I have seen no evidence of that. How do we know that he will have a roll in the RBBC offense?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because we are always slow to get new talent onto the field. What makes you think differently? Would love to be wrong but I have seen no evidence of that. How do we know that he will have a roll in the RBBC offense?
Big Mike has said he wants him on the field and he will have a roll.