Get rid of 54

Ozone22

Reaction score
I bought into the great story of his remarkable comeback after being injured in college and then being picked up by the Cowboys. But that was then and this is now. Dude doesn't look close to being the player he was. He is always two to four steps late to the play. Jerry it is time to move on.

tcc0808

Reaction score
He picks the wrong Gap on purpose. He does not want to take on contact straight up. It’s remarkable. I blame the coaches for allowing it. At a minimum the guy should not dress until he shows he is serious about being an NFL linebacker.
This!!

If he can’t be cut. He should be immediately benched. Inactive on game days

kumizi

Reaction score
He's also the playcaller on defense. That might be the biggest problem. Got the stupidest guy on the field making the calls.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
But if he is playing well the more money he gets. And you don't come back from the injury he came back from without toughness. I get your'e frustrating but I can't say that.

And you keep talking about what Jaylon is being paid....Jaylon signed the deal. And that doesn't give Lewis, Griffen or anyone else a excuse to suck. Joe Thomas isn't paid like a star but he's playing well.

I am not sure what you are getting at. Smith is paid to be a star. He is not close to that. Period. The bigger issue is his effort, week after week, is suspect. Bottom line is the guy needs to be benched. He is hurting the team.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The Jaylon Smith situation really confuses me. Two years ago he was really good. He and Vander Esch formed what looked to the the best young linebacking duo in the entire league. Of course Vander Esch has had injury issues ever since, but Smith should be much healthier last year and this year than he was previously. You could say that the scheme this year doesn’t fit him, but he was awful last year in the same scheme where he played so well. It’s got to be one of two issues. 1). He really needs Vander Esch in order for him to play well. 2). He got paid and is just going through the motions. I think it’s number 2.

streetcredit

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are getting at. Smith is paid to be a star. He is not close to that. Period. The bigger issue is his effort, week after week, is suspect. Bottom line is the guy needs to be benched. He is hurting the team.
Effort is not the issue, with all those guys running around, do you know how hard it is to avoid contact?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was never a star though. Not since Norte Dame.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He picks the wrong Gap on purpose. He does not want to take on contact straight up. It’s remarkable. I blame the coaches for allowing it. At a minimum the guy should not dress until he shows he is serious about being an NFL linebacker.
Because he wants to make the "splash plays" and give the swipe to build his brand. He's out there for himself, not for the team and certainly not for the win. He doesn't want to do the selfless, but needed, dirty work of stuffing/chopping down the block, giving his teammates a tackle, but keeps chasing "Hero moves". Win/lose...doesn't matter, he's looking for highlight reel "Me" plays. Screw this kid. I bought into his crap when he was drafted and defended him for the first couple of years. Honestly, as questionable as Bruce Carter was, I think I'd rather have him in his prime here. Sure...his initial physicality waned just like Jaylon's, but he at least didn't have an uncanny knack of sabotaging our defense several times a drive. It's like we're playing 10 vs 12 on defense.

Last edited: