Get To Know The New Orleans Saints

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
the kid 05;1210184 said:
man, the cowboys could beat you with Drew Bledsoe as our quarterback. You poses no threat what so ever. you have a decent QB, your best rb is coming off a devistating knee injury and from what i have seen isn't running like the baby deuce i know, Reggie bush is a trick just like mike vick. who are your Wr out side of Joe Wireless? how about your te?

Your defense is sorry too. you have what? 4 cast aways from the cowboys on the defense.

like i said, no threat what so ever, and bledsoe could beat you if he was starting

As a lifelong Cowboy fan, I can honestly say that I disagree with 100% of that.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;1210190 said:
As a lifelong Cowboy fan, I can honestly say that I disagree with 100% of that.

yeah, i think i went a bit far by saying we could beat them with bledsoe...they aren't that bad

Aikbach

Reaction score
What will Saints fans say when they lose by 17 points on a national game?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Have the Saints played a "good" defense yet? If so, what were the numbers?

adamknite

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210123 said:
Oh yea Dallas fans... thanks for the Coach Peyton, LB Fujita, WR Copper.
Peyton is coach of the year.
LB Fujita might actually make the pro bowl?
Copper is looking pretty damn good too.

Thanks. Really.

Your welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying our B-Team.

Get to know WR Marcus Colston
He may be the rookie of the year. Reminds you of TO without the bad attitude. Tall receiver that catches everything. Yards after the catch. Hard to pull down. The real deal. 54 catches for 869 and 7 TDs. Was leading the lead before he sprained his ankle and hasn't played in the last 3 weeks.

If you're going to make an arguement about how great you think a player is you could atleast.......

get his frickin name right!

It's Marques Colston

Aikbach

Reaction score
dogunwo;1210223 said:
Have the Saints played a "good" defense yet? If so, what were the numbers?
The Ravens, who defiled them at the Superdome.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Drew Brees hasn't been all that good, and I still think he is overrated.

There is a reason why the Chargers drafted Philip Rivers. Brees wasn't getting it done. He was sub 80 in his first two years starting for the chargers. He put up a 104 qb rating in 2004, which dropped to 89 in 2005. Both years he struggled against playoff caliber teams.

New Orleans has the 21st rated rushing attack in the nfl. Their unbalanced offense is truly one sided and is shut down against good defense ala Baltimore, who beat them 35-22.

Worst off, their defense is rated 26th in the nfl. Theyre giving up 5 yards per carry.

New Orleans also is the 25th rated team in opponent qb rating, averaging 87.1.

Dallas is rated 4th in the nfc in give away take away ratio, where as new orleans is 14th in the nfc.

they might have a good offense, but its not balanced, and on top of that their defense sucks...

parcells is going to keep the ball away from brees by running it all day against a saints team that can't run all that well and cant stop the run.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Galian Beast;1210240 said:
Drew Brees hasn't been all that good, and I still think he is overrated.

There is a reason why the Chargers drafted Philip Rivers. Brees wasn't getting it done. He was sub 80 in his first two years starting for the chargers. He put up a 104 qb rating in 2004, which dropped to 89 in 2005. Both years he struggled against playoff caliber teams.

New Orleans has the 21st rated rushing attack in the nfl. Their unbalanced offense is truly one sided and is shut down against good defense ala Baltimore, who beat them 35-22.

Worst off, their defense is rated 26th in the nfl. Theyre giving up 5 yards per carry.

New Orleans also is the 25th rated team in opponent qb rating, averaging 87.1.

Dallas is rated 4th in the nfc in give away take away ratio, where as new orleans is 14th in the nfc.

they might have a good offense, but its not balanced, and on top of that their defense sucks...

parcells is going to keep the ball away from brees by running it all day against a saints team that can't run all that well and cant stop the run.
Uh uh, haven't you heard that Scott Fujita is going to single handedly wreck shop against Dallas, sheesh what rock do you live under.;)

ljs44

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210123 said:
Still, we could lose to Dallas and if Seattle, Dallas and New Orleans all end tied at the end of the season, New Orleans would win the tie breaker because we will have won more NFC games! FACT!!!!

Isn't the first tie-breaker is head to head games, and if Dallas wins, they get a higher seed.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Personally, I expect this to be one of our toughest games this season.

N.O. has excellent skill players, including a smart QB with mobility, a solid RB in Deuce, excellent receivers, and a Wild Card in Bush.

They also have a coach who will know Tony Romo and our offense better than any other coach in the NFL...he knows Romo's strengths and weaknesses, his likes and dislikes, our blocking schemes and our vulnerabilities.

I still expect us to win the game because I think we are the better team, but I think N.O. will give us all we want...this may be Romo's biggest test of the year simply because the coach and defense will know him better than anyone has all year.

pittman11

Reaction score
where did this guy come from or even worse who does he think he's talking to first of all how long has it been since drew brees meet demarcus ware and the rest of our defensive line and the same thing goes for deuce and reggie if ware can track down tiki on that run he tried last sunday there's know way these two guy's are going to get away from ware on his own turf i looking forward to another great challenge this week but i think the saints are fixing to run into a very tough brick wall sunday night cowboy's 24 saints 17

Aikbach

Reaction score
pittman11;1210302 said:
where did this guy come from or even worse who does he think he's talking to first of all how long has it been since drew brees meet demarcus ware and the rest of our defensive line and the same thing goes for deuce and reggie if ware can track down tiki on that run he tried last sunday there's know way these two guy's are going to get away from ware on his own turf i looking forward to another great challenge this week but i think the saints are fixing to run into a very tough brick wall sunday night cowboy's 24 saints 17
Reggie Bush had no highlight reel in the preseason, Dallas wrecked them up and down the field in Shreveport with Bledsoe behind center and Petitti at tackle.

lspain1

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1210293 said:
Personally, I expect this to be one of our toughest games this season.

N.O. has excellent skill players, including a smart QB with mobility, a solid RB in Deuce, excellent receivers, and a Wild Card in Bush.

They also have a coach who will know Tony Romo and our offense better than any other coach in the NFL...he knows Romo's strengths and weaknesses, his likes and dislikes, our blocking schemes and our vulnerabilities.

I still expect us to win the game because I think we are the better team, but I think N.O. will give us all we want...this may be Romo's biggest test of the year simply because the coach and defense will know him better than anyone has all year.

Well spoken, Wayne. Stats are misleading this week. With the coaching staffs and numerous Saints players coming from Dallas, this game may have a 'divisional feel.' We will score points on them, it remains to be seen how well their offense performs. If we fail to get pressure on Brees, they are capable of scoring a lot.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
pittman11;1210302 said:

9/11/2005..........................

Aikbach

Reaction score
Cbz40;1210319 said:
9/11/2005..........................
A Cowboy victory on the road with Bledsoe at the helm and a much better team as an opponent.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Aikbach;1210321 said:
A Cowboy victory on the road with Bledsoe at the helm and a much better team as an opponent.

We Won!!!!! ;)

2005 Dallas Cowboys

Regular Season
Week 1 Sep 11 W 28-24 at San Diego Chargers

Murph80

Reaction score
ljs44;1210285 said:
Isn't the first tie-breaker is head to head games, and if Dallas wins, they get a higher seed.

If Dallas beats the Saints head to Head they will have the tiebreaker over the Saints.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Murph80;1210325 said:
If Dallas beats the Saints head to Head they will have the tiebreaker over the Saints.
Yep, ol' Saints fan that posted the original hyperbole was getting a little giddy without merit...FACT!

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
ljs44;1210285 said:

Head to Head tie, yes. Three way tie, no. We lost out to the Rams a few years ago on this rule.