Get To Know The New Orleans Saints

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
AtlCB;1210481 said:
Saints - get to know another good defense. You have only played three teams in the top half of the NFL in defense - Baltimore, Carolina, and Pittsburgh - and your team lost to all three of them. The best defense that you actually won a game against was the 17th ranked Philthadelphia E-girls. No wonder the Saints rank so high in all of those offensive categories.

Good point. But we have beaten the teams we were suposed to beat. The losses we've had were because of costly turnovers late in the game. That said, we were in all of the games until the end.

Baltimore's defense is unbelievable. Sunday night will be a high scoring game.

superpunk

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210623 said:
Good point. But we have beaten the teams we were suposed to beat. The losses we've had were because of costly turnovers late in the game. That said, we were in all of the games until the end.

Baltimore's defense is unbelievable. Sunday night will be a high scoring game.

On the season, Baltimore has only forced three more TOs than Dallas. They're a slightly better defense than Dallas, certainly better with their pressure, but not much elsewhere.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Aikbach;1210111 said:
Why are Saints fans so eager to usurp other team's nicknames? "greatest show on turf" and "America's Team"?

By Monday morning thay'll be calling themselves the "greatest loss on turf" and "Dallas' 2nd-string Team".

AMERICAS FAN

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;1210111 said:
Why are Saints fans so eager to usurp other team's nicknames? "greatest show on turf" and "America's Team"? I am certain they are clever enough to rip off a good Jerry Reed lyric as opposed to plagerising well known commodities.

As for the Saints, well done and you're welcome for the coaching staff and linebacking corp. However the fairytale does end against Dallas, not Sunday although it will be a Saints loss, but in the NFC title game.

That's right, I trust your team enough to give it playoff juice and an upset of the overrated and quarterbackless Chicago Bears in the Windy City (is this another nickname you'd like to copy).

They will bring themselves and the NFC Championship to Texas Stadium where they will be sent home with a respectful handshake as Dallas moves on to play San Diego in Super Bowl XLI.
:lmao: :laugh2: they start winning all of a sudden and think they can have those names by default

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1210917 said:
:lmao: :laugh2: they start winning all of a sudden and think they can have those names by default

What's in a name??? I simply state that America now has a soft spot for the city of New Orleans and many in the national press have started calling us America's New Team. We don't really like it but hey...

"Tough crowd I tell ya."
ps99-012-NS.jpg

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210929 said:
What's in a name??? I simply state that America now has a soft spot for the city of New Orleans and many in the national press have started calling us America's New Team. We don't really like it but hey...

"Tough crowd I tell ya."
ps99-012-NS.jpg
you like it don't deny it. o by the way, go ask the colts what happened when they were saying they are the new "america's team"

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1210934 said:
you like it don't deny it. o by the way, go ask the colts what happened when they were saying they are the new "america's team"

We are not the ones saying it. Listen to the media. The Saints have become the new darlings of the NFL and most of the country will be pulling for us to knock the snot out of Dallas Sunday Night.

America just loves a "feel good" story and you ain't it.

But America still reserves the right to LOVE YOUR CHEERLEADERS!!! Growl.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210950 said:
We are not the ones saying it. Listen to the media. The Saints have become the new darlings of the NFL and most of the country will be pulling for us to knock the snot out of Dallas Sunday Night.

i bet our savior Tony Romo would beg to differ

AtlCB

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210950 said:

But America still reserves the right to LOVE YOUR CHEERLEADERS!!! Growl.

The Saints might be "America's second favorite team," but how many real fans do they have. The Cowboys have arguably the most fans of any football team and they are scattered all over the U.S. Almost all football fans either love or hate the Cowboys. I live in Atlanta and the city has a lot more Cowboys fans then any other NFL team not named the Falcons.

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210106 said:
Get to know Drew Brees.
#1 in completions (292)
#1 in yards (3649)
#3 in Comp % (66.2)
#3 in yards per attempt (8.94)
#3 in TDs (20)
#5 in QB rating (97.4)

5 Games in a row passing over 300+ yards - Tied NFL Record.

Brees has been outstanding all season. You guys have a new star in Romo but Brees is a All Pro proven veteran. His pocket presence is uncanny. He rarely gets sacked and throws the best deep ball you will see. He's what makes our offense #1 in the NFL. May prove to be the league MVP. Think Romo could do what Brees has done... in New Orleans of all places? Think again.

i got to admit, the guy is doing ok for himself, particularly coming off the injury he had in SD. it was a huge gamble by the saints and so far it has paid off, big-time.

SaintsFanMan;1210106 said:
See you in the NFC Championship game. Hey I can wish huh?

Did Ricky Williams rub off on old Iron Mike or has he got it right?

Saints Superbowl!!

maybe...guess we'll see

:eek:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210965 said:
Breesus Christ

http://i30.***BLOCKED***/albums/c333/thehoch/BreesusSaves.jpg
:lmao: :laugh2: :bow: :bow: ok you win. but remember 1 thing "In ROMO we TRUST!"

superpunk

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210984 said:
We're going to part your defense like the Red Sea.
In this metaphor, the Saints offense would of course be the Egyptian army.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Come on you know Dallas is going to uncover the Saints like Britney Spears :lmao2:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
well were gonna part your defense like..........wait do you guys have a defense?

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1211035 said:
well were gonna part your defense like..........wait do you guys have a defense?

Actually our defense is better than our ratings. Except for a few big runs against great backs/QB Vick, we have do a pretty good job of stuffing the run. It was turnovers against the AFC games that really put our defense on the field so much that the stats really don't tell the entire story.

This is going to be a killer dog fight.

killer-280x250.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1211035 said:

Sure they do. They have the Almighty SHANLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Murph80;1210325 said:
If Dallas beats the Saints head to Head they will have the tiebreaker over the Saints.

And a one game lead.

SaintsFanMan;1210405 said:
If the Saints turn the ball over like against our AFC foes, we lose. If we don't you guys are going to be shocked. I'm not worred here. We are a young team and we learned about turnovers the hard way. In the last two games, we have protected the ball extremely well.

Sometimes a defense will force turnover whether the offense likes it or not.

The Big Tuna gonna look like the a Guppy.

A big 'ole SMILING guppy cuz he just brought the smack down on your candy arse team.

And don't be confused. It's not Dallas's "B" team that's going to beat you.

I think we've already stated that the New Orleans Saints won't be beating the Cowboys so yeah, I agree with you.

SaintsFanMan;1210929 said:

Not me. I was hoping they'd move the team out of that sorry as city and move them to SA or LA.

By the way, you can come to Houston and take all your criminals back anytime you like.

SaintsFanMan;1211057 said:
Actually our defense is better than our ratings.

Sure it is, Jaques. Sure it is.