Get To Know The New Orleans Saints

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1210293 said:
Personally, I expect this to be one of our toughest games this season.

N.O. has excellent skill players, including a smart QB with mobility, a solid RB in Deuce, excellent receivers, and a Wild Card in Bush.

They also have a coach who will know Tony Romo and our offense better than any other coach in the NFL...he knows Romo's strengths and weaknesses, his likes and dislikes, our blocking schemes and our vulnerabilities.

I still expect us to win the game because I think we are the better team, but I think N.O. will give us all we want...this may be Romo's biggest test of the year simply because the coach and defense will know him better than anyone has all year.

I like this post. Finally a Cowboy fan that makes sense. LOL

Aikbach

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210329 said:
Head to Head tie, yes. Three way tie, no. We lost out to the Rams a few years ago on this rule.
Dallas doesn't play Seattle so I guess you can throw that one away.

NO will lose to Dallas, Dallas will likely win out but still be dependent upon a Seattle loss at some point otherwise Dallas will be the number three seed.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
New Orleans hasnt beaten one good team all year. There wins came against Cleveland, Green Bay, Atlanta (2x), Tampa Bay (2x), Philly, San Fran. Their losses Baltimore, Cincy, Pittsburgh and Carolina. One can argue that they loss to every decent team they have played with the loan exception being Philly. They are a nice story but Dallas is going to send them back to the kiddie table where they belong.

Wood

Reaction score
what happend to that high powered Saints offense against the lowly 49ers. I am not impressed.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Wood;1210335 said:
what happend to that high powered Saints offense against the lowly 49ers. I am not impressed.
At home where they are "unbeatable" nonetheless...unless you are an AFC team or Dallas.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Aikbach;1210115 said:
By the way how does a self-proclaimed C+ defense stop the NFC's top scoring offense? Don't you think a Cowboy team that harassed Peyton Manning and his unhurt weapons can rough up Drew Brees and his wounded receiving corp?

My thoughts exactly--well said!

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
whcarm;1210174 said:
The Saints have the number 1 offense thanks to Brees throwing the ball an ugodly number of times. He has been good and the stats show that. However, the Saints running game is only ranked 21st in the league and they are averaging only 3.6 yards per carry.
Deuce is coming off a season ending knee injury and the coaching staff didn't want to over use him and bring Bush along slowly. As of late, the running game has been taking off.

On the other hand, the Cowboys have the fourth ranked offense in the NFL. They have the 5th ranked passing offense and the 8th ranked rushing offense. We are a much more balanced team. We play to other teams weakness and if they are going to put 8 in the box, we simply make them pay down the field. Also we have been down in a few games and simply had to come back.

The Cowboys also have the second ranked scoring offense in the league compared to the Saints, who have the sixth ranked scoring offense. Not to mention that the Cowboys have the 8th best turnover differential in the league at plus 7. While the Saints are ranked 27th at minus 6. In all of our losses we has like 4-5 turnovers and having produce zero. Many of these were great individual defensive plays where we didn't protect the ball properly. In any game where we were the turnover ratio was even, we won going away.

How about defense? Well, the Cowboys have the 7th ranked defense in the NFL while the Saints are ranked at 12. Turnover differential again. The Cowboys have the 4th best rush defense while the Saints are ranked 26th in rush defense. Do you guys play Vick twice a year? LOL

The Cowboys have 12th best pass defense, while the Saints have the 4th, Actually our run defense is better than our pass defense. If it wasn't for Mike Vick having 150+ yard games a difference of an average of 18 yards passing per game. But to where it matters most... The Cowboys are ranked 7th in points allowed per game at 18.2, see turnovers while the Saints are at 18th, allowing 20.9 points per game.

If the Saints turn the ball over like against our AFC foes, we lose. If we don't you guys are going to be shocked. I'm not worred here. We are a young team and we learned about turnovers the hard way. In the last two games, we have protected the ball extremely well.

The Big Tuna gonna look like the a Guppy.

And don't be confused. It's not Dallas's "B" team that's going to beat you.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
Wood;1210335 said:

Ummmm.... 34-10. What was your point? Not impressed... not to smart either? Man, this is starting to sound like the Falcons board. LOL

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
TerenceNewmanDallasCowboys.jpg

burnt_toast-736776.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210411 said:
Ummmm.... 34-10. What was your point? Not impressed... not to smart either? Man, this is starting to sound like the Falcons board. LOL

This trash talking is all new to you and your fellow Saint fans isn't it? Myself I think Payton has done a great job taking a sorry saits team and helping turn them around. I look forward to this match up of 2 of the best NFC teams

Aikbach

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210429 said:
Wow! You are in over your head with that one. My goodness, Brees will make toast of the NFL's best cover corner? That is beyond confident, cocky or playful it is ridiculous. You are quickly exhausting the Saint's goodwill account, prepare to be crushed by a Cowboy team that is out to do what it is simply supposed to do, win it all.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
ljs44;1210285 said:
Isn't the first tie-breaker is head to head games, and if Dallas wins, they get a higher seed.

A Saints fan couldn't possibly understand playoff scenarios.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Saints = bottom feeders

Call us when they beat a team with a winning record.

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1210436 said:
A Saints fan couldn't possibly understand playoff scenarios.

Once again... if a three way tie between Dallas, Seattle and New Orleans happens, head to head is not used and the best conference record goes in.

I hope that the third time is the charm guys. And yes, maybe my Newman/Toast stuff was over the top. Couldn't stop dreaming. :p:

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
superpunk;1210444 said:
Someone has alot to learn about Terrence Newman.

Actually Saints fans know Newman very well. In that draft the Saints traded up and everybody thought we were picking Newman. Then we found our that our pick was DT J. Sullivan a total bust who isn't even in football anymore!

Maybe this is why we've sucked for so long. We deserve pity. Tell Newman to take it easy on us. :lmao:

Got this off the www.saintsreport.com the best of the Saints Forums.
Buy the way, this is a very classy site. Sorry to bring it down. LOL

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210473 said:
Actually Saints fans know Newman very well. In that draft the Saints traded up and everybody thought we were picking Newman. Then we found our that our pick was DT J. Sullivan a total bust who isn't even in football anymore!

Maybe this is why we've sucked for so long. We deserve pity. Tell Newman to take it easy on us. :lmao:
We don't believe in pity.

Nice thread BTW.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Saints - get to know another good defense. You have only played three teams in the top half of the NFL in defense - Baltimore, Carolina, and Pittsburgh - and your team lost to all three of them. The best defense that you actually won a game against was the 17th ranked Philthadelphia E-girls. No wonder the Saints rank so high in all of those offensive categories.

AtlCB

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210442 said:
Once again... if a three way tie between Dallas, Seattle and New Orleans happens, head to head is not used and the best conference record goes in.

I hope that the third time is the charm guys. And yes, maybe my Newman/Toast stuff was over the top. Couldn't stop dreaming. :p:

Is that Captain Useless in the Raiders emblem?