Get used to the Eagles for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Refute his claim, instead of burying your head in the sand.

The NFCE, for the next few years will see a Giants team in basically a large rebuild, a Skins team that is dysfunctional and might be in their own rebuild if they let Cousins walk. Then you have a Cowboys team that pretty much wanders aimlessly at this point with an owner who has 7 years of evidence and still believes his coaching staff is one of the best in football.

The Eagles have the better staff, the better defense, the better QB and at this point, probably the better front office. That's just the reality at this point. If acknowledging that makes one an "Eagles fan" that says a crap ton more about people like yourself than those who can admit what's reality.

What? Why do I care he is an Eagle fan. lol.

silver

Reaction score
I doubt it. Only the Patriots seem inmune to parity these days. At this point last year Jacksonville, Philadelphia and Vikings were getting ready for the Senior Bowl week. So they made it to the final four this season, it doesn't mean they'll be back next season.

Dwight

Reaction score
They are going to be dominating our division for a long time.

That statement from you is a very tough pill to swallow; however, from my observations they have the best GM, coaching staff and players in the division.

Only a fan who is blind disagrees with your perspective.

Sydla

Reaction score
That statement from you is a very tough pill to swallow; however, from my observations they have the best GM, coaching staff and players in the division.

Only a fan who is blind disagrees with your perspective.

Obviously things could change.......... maybe Wentz's knee is more screwed up than originally thought and he has to sit out more of the 2018 season. Or maybe he gets hurt again or they lose a key player like Cox.

But from a global view, the Eagles are the stronger franchise right now. Coaching alone is a big gap but right now they have a more complete roster and it looks like a smarter front office now that they have brought in some real personnel people like Joe Douglas.

Aven8

Reaction score
Just don't know. The OL took a step back and Smith's injuries are becoming a concern. Zeke is one accusation away from being banned for life. Our QB regressed in the last half of the season. The defense did look better but it could be because we were playing mostly mediocre teams going down the stretch. And when we lose a few key players the whole team falls apart.

But that's my point. A good HC wouldn't have let that happen. It would have built on and added talent to make his team better. Just like Pederson did this past offseason. The Birds went 7-9 last year and Wentz had no weapons. He was checkdown Charlie, just like everyone is saying Dak is now. So he didn't just add through the draft. He told Roseman I need weapons at WR, and RB. So he went and got Torrey Smith, a steal in Jeffrey's, the TD rushing leader from the previous season in Blount on and on. Then in mid season he they went and got better again and picked up Ajai. They are also three deep at TE.

It's disgusting, but we could be doing the same thing if we had a coach and FO with vision. I feel like we fill holes on a whiteboard with no plan.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And in run the dumb Cowboys fans thinking everything is peachy in Dallas.

Everything is not peachy in Dallas.

It’s also premature to crown the eagles kings of the division for the next decade, based off one season.

Yeah they’re a really good team. But things can change rapidly in the NFL. You see it happen to teams every single year.

Sydla

Reaction score
But that's my point. A good HC wouldn't have let that happen. It would have built on and added talent to make his team better. Just like Pederson did this past offseason. The Birds went 7-9 last year and Wentz had no weapons. He was checkdown Charlie, just like everyone is saying Dak is now. So he didn't just add through the draft. He told Roseman I need weapons at WR, and RB. So he went and got Torrey Smith, a steal in Jeffrey's, the TD rushing leader from the previous season in Blount on and on. Then in mid season he they went and got better again and picked up Ajai. They are also three deep at TE.

It's disgusting, but we could be doing the same thing if we had a coach and FO with vision. I feel like we fill wholes on a whiteboard with no plan.

There clearly are "pieces" here to build upon. But I don't think the front office has a clear plan to build the team the right way and I don't think they have a coaching staff to get the most out of the roster.

Sydla

Reaction score
Everything is not peachy in Dallas.

It’s also premature to crown the eagles kings of the division for the next decade, based off one season.

Yeah they’re a really good team. But things can change rapidly in the NFL. You see it happen to teams every single year.

Not a decade. But they clearly are the best positioned for the next 3-4-5 years. They have the best coaching staff, the best defense and the best QB. And they aren't about to be ravaged by FA either, as 19 of their 22 starters are all back.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And in run the dumb Cowboys fans thinking everything is peachy in Dallas.
So pointing out that some Philly trolls have been overly biased for the Eagles while also taking pot shots at our team/fanbase is my way of saying "everything is peachy"?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

It's disgusting, but we could be doing the same thing if we had a coach and FO with vision. I feel like we fill holes on a whiteboard with no plan.
You are right. If we had a quality coach and a quality GM these can easily be overcomed. It doesn't take long to rebuild...not 8 years.

Sydla

Reaction score
So pointing out that some Philly trolls have been overly biased for the Eagles while also taking pot shots at our team/fanbase is my way of saying "everything is peachy"?

Pretty much.

Its intellectually lazy thinking. It's a defense mechanism to have to admit what's reality......... that we have a flawed franchise that has issues from the owner on down through the coaching staff. So when someone points out a divisional rival is better, the defense mechanism is to call them a closet Eagles fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.