Get used to the Eagles for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven8

Reaction score
You are right. If we had a quality coach and a quality GM these can easily be overcomed. It doesn't take long to rebuild...not 8 years.

No it doesn't. And we can be fine with Jerry as in name only GM. As long as that HC is an architect. He needs vision and the ability to know what he wants, and how to get us there. A Harbaugh type, or a Urban Meyer, etc etc. Not some hot D.C. That hasn't ever put together a team. That won't work with the way we are structured.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well I wanna punch them in the face.

I'm so tired of hearing their fight song that it makes my ears bleed.

Sydla

Reaction score
When threads come up about the Eagles (more and more), the usual suspects show up. If there's a thread about Dak, the usual suspects will pop in and talk about Wentz. Outside of those topics, they lay dormant. When 90% of your posting involves the Eagles or their players, is it really that strange if I pose the question "Why the hell are you here?".

90% of their posts?

Who exactly fits that description?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Refute his claim, instead of burying your head in the sand.

The NFCE, for the next few years will see a Giants team in basically a large rebuild, a Skins team that is dysfunctional and might be in their own rebuild if they let Cousins walk. Then you have a Cowboys team that pretty much wanders aimlessly at this point with an owner who has 7 years of evidence and still believes his coaching staff is one of the best in football.

The Eagles have the better staff, the better defense, the better QB and at this point, probably the better front office. That's just the reality at this point. If acknowledging that makes one an "Eagles fan" that says a crap ton more about people like yourself than those who can admit what's reality.
How can you refute the future?

Sydla

Reaction score
My favorite was that we don’t run RPOs.

Not like Philly did.

Philly was far more creative with their usage. Philly's coaches were far more creative overall than our offensive staff. That's pretty damn obvious to anyone who is actually paying attention.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Pretty much.

I think it's obvious his point is that as we currently are constructed, we likely can't compete with Philly for the next few years.

I suspect if the Cowboys had fired Garrett, this kind of thread or these types of posts, don't get made nearly as much.

You don’t have to talk me into firing Garrett. I’ve wanted him gone since 3 straight seasons of 8-8

JustChip

Reaction score
They are going to be dominating our division for a long time.

Maybe, maybe not. The NFL today is all about things coming together just right and getting on a roll. Certainly the Eagles and Jags look formidable (other than Bortles), but next year is a completely different year. The only team that truly doesn't fall into that category is NE.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Not like Philly did.

Philly was far more creative with their usage. Philly's coaches were far more creative overall than our offensive staff. That's pretty damn obvious to anyone who is actually paying attention.
We scored touchdowns off of RPOs.

Nice try.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I like watching people piss into the wind...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not like Philly did.

Philly keeps doing it as long as it works.

Dallas does something that works once, then gets away from it.

Zeke takes screen passes to the house and gets huge yards. You don’t see it again for 8 weeks.

The playcalling is night and day.

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly keeps doing it as long as it works.

Dallas does something that works once, then gets away from it.

Zeke takes screen passes to the house and gets huge yards. You don’t see it again for 8 weeks.

The playcalling is night and day.

That's obvious to most people who are honest with themselves and where this franchise is. They just made the SB with Nick Foles and no LT. What would we have done if we didn't have Prescott and Smith?

I am generally curious as to what it would take for some of the remaining "fans" of this coaching staff to admit, they just aren't good enough.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Oh, so of my 19000 posts over the years, over 17,000 of them are about the Eagles?

LOL.
So being a post-***** is your defense? You've been here since 2014, dude and yes, no one defends and props up the Eagles like you do. How many times from how many different posters have you heard this about you? A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.