Get used to the Eagles for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
shoot i guess Nostradamus has spoken we should all just shut down the NFCE and concede now, can we forfeit? skip the reg season like old madden games and see how the playoff matchups are?? LMAO..dont even play the games since the outcomes are already set..ATL was saying the same thing until the 2nd half of the SB and they struggled this year.. sure they got it back together enough but dominate?

this league is a NOW league and outside of NE theres parody and one great year doesn't always overlap into the next, its all reset 0-0 and so many factors go into runs, SEE 2016 cowboys..

nothings guaranteed pout that in 3inch headlines..its sports there are no givens..

HungryLion

Reaction score
I also happen to think the cowboys have the talent to compete with the eagles, if Jerry wises up and hires a good coach.

I have my doubts about Jerry wising up. But I do think a very solid foundation is there to field a competitive team, with a good coaching staff.

Proximo

Reaction score
CZ is reaching new lows. Just look at the front page of the Fan Zone.

May as well just rename it the "wish we were the Eagles zone".

Have some dignity. Some of y'all are embarrassing. Slobbering all over Philly like they're the greatest franchise ever.

Sydla

Reaction score
I also happen to think the cowboys have the talent to compete with the eagles, if Jerry wises up and hires a good coach.

I have my doubts about Jerry wising up. But I do think a very solid foundation is there to field a competitive team, with a good coaching staff.

Coaching is one issue. The defense is nowhere near what Philly has. Part of that is coaching but part of that is talent. For example, even with Lawrence, their DL is better and deeper. Their backup DE, Chris Long, was causing havoc all night last night.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Pretty much.

Its intellectually lazy thinking. It's a defense mechanism to have to admit what's reality......... that we have a flawed franchise that has issues from the owner on down through the coaching staff. So when someone points out a divisional rival is better, the defense mechanism is to call them a closet Eagles fan.

Nah, new posters.....Eagle's winning in the playoffs. Why would they come here to gloat? lol!

Aven8

Reaction score
There clearly are "pieces" here to build upon. But I don't think the front office has a clear plan to build the team the right way and I don't think they have a coaching staff to get the most out of the roster.

Hell no they don't. That's why this team needs a stud HC with a vision of the team he wants and the plan to get there. JG has his RKG mantra but he doesn't know how to put it together. I'm sure it all sounds good in his head, but he doesn't have the ability to put it together or coach it up. Coaches fail every year. He can be proud that he left the cupboard well stocked when the new HC arrives!

I want a HC that will go to Jerry, Stephen, and McClay and say this is what I need to be successful. Give me this and I will take them where we all want to go.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Myself, dominate away. I've seen enough SB's and enough Laker championships in my lifetime. Philly hasn't sniffed any for sometime. Their fans want to gloat, cool with me. I am having too much fun smoking bowl after bowl. This is great entertainment!

Sydla

Reaction score
CZ is reaching new lows. Just look at the front page of the Fan Zone.

May as well just rename it the "wish we were the Eagles zone".

Have some dignity. Some of y'all are embarrassing. Slobbering all over Philly like they're the greatest franchise ever.

Embarrassing is the constant excuse making for this franchise. That's what's most embarrassing.

Philly isn't the greatest franchise ever. But they've been the better one the last two decades. And what you saw yesterday just blew up every lame, stupid, idiotic excuse some of you have tried to make for this franchise the last couple of years - can't expect to win with injuries, takes years to build a legit contender, etc.

Even if Minnesota had gotten in, it still doesn't change the narrative. Minnesota also had injuries - their starting QB and their starting RB. And yet still didn't buckle unlike our franchise that falls apart at the first injury we get. I guess that makes me a Vikings fan too.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Coaching is one issue. The defense is nowhere near what Philly has. Part of that is coaching but part of that is talent. For example, even with Lawrence, their DL is better and deeper. Their backup DE, Chris Long, was causing havoc all night last night.

Yet the eagles built that depth in basically one season with some solid free agent acquisitions.

So to act like the cowboys couldn’t do the same relatively quickly, isn’t necessarily true either.

The truth is, a thread on a cowboys message board, basically conceding the division for the next 3-5 years is ludicrous.

I would hate to be playing on a team with some of the posters here. With how quickly they seem to want to quit.

Sydla

Reaction score
Myself, dominate away. I've seen enough SB's and enough Laker championships in my lifetime. Philly hasn't sniffed any for sometime. Their fans want to gloat, cool with me. I am having too much fun smoking bowl after bowl. This is great entertainment!

LOL.

You are also a Lakers fan?

Explains a lot. Do you like the Yankees too?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yet the eagles built that depth in basically one season with some solid free agent acquisitions.

So to act like the cowboys couldn’t do the same relatively quickly, isn’t necessarily true either.

The truth is, a thread on a cowboys message board, basically conceding the division for the next 3-5 years is ludicrous.

I would hate to be playing on a team with some of the posters here. With how quickly they seem to want to quit.

No one said they can't. The issue is they won't.

Absolutely, they could compete with Philly immediately if they approached FA better AND actually brought in a better coaching staff.

But they won't do it and that's the entire point.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL.

You are also a Lakers fan?

Explains a lot. Do you like the Yankees too?

Not baseball fan. Grew up in Southern Cali, and living in Oregon now. Weed is more fun than sports anyways. lol.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No one said they can't. The issue is they won't.

Absolutely, they could compete with Philly immediately if they approached FA better AND actually brought in a better coaching staff.

But they won't do it and that's the entire point.

That’s the point expressed in the one sentence the troll who started this thread wrote?

Dwight

Reaction score
Obviously things could change.......... maybe Wentz's knee is more screwed up than originally thought and he has to sit out more of the 2018 season. Or maybe he gets hurt again or they lose a key player like Cox.

But from a global view, the Eagles are the stronger franchise right now. Coaching alone is a big gap but right now they have a more complete roster and it looks like a smarter front office now that they have brought in some real personnel people like Joe Douglas.

Things could change and there is no argument from me.

Again (it pains me to say this) and you mentioned it from a macro aspect "the Eagles are the stronger franchise".

If the Eagles win the Super Bowl teams are going to want Nick Foles and they can get a pick(s) for him in which they can continue to build talent. Or they can choose to keep Foles.

That in itself is a nightmare to me and probably to other rational Cowboy fans.

Jerry needs to wake up and realize his negatives and get rid of the clapper (offseason still young) but he will wait another year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What will determine whether Philly becomes a dynasty is not defense or system alone but quarterback and coaching staff.
You look at the previous dynasties:
Pats
Broncos
Steelers
Cowboys
Packers
Niners
What is/are the common denominator(s)?
Quarterback and coaching.
Brady/Belichick, Elway/Shanahan, Bradshaw/Bills, Aikman/Johnson, Montana/Walsh, Starr/Lombardi

You may win one or two Super Bowls with average quarterbacking, but you don't rule an era without a franchise quarterback.

Defense is important, but the problem with a great defense is ...
1. You can't retain your key players on defense whereas a team will almost always retain the franchise quarterback.
2. It's harder to sustain a dominant defense year after year. The great Bears, Ravens and Buccaneers defense only produced 1 Super Bowl for their franchises. The Giants great defense of the 80s produced 2 but there was some time between the two. It's simply harder for great defenses to sustain consistency than offenses.
3. Defense may win championships, but the league rules favor offense. It's becoming more difficult to win on defense because the game is weighted in favor of offenses. The Jags were neutralized because they couldn't battle the Patriots receivers down the field without getting a flag. Now with the helmet to helmet rule, it further neutralizes the defense. So you're going to need the franchise quarterback to take advantage of the offense-friendly rules.

So ... If the Eagles are able to maintain coaching continuity and if Wentz is truly a franchise quarterback, then they could threaten to be a dynasty. And that remains to be seen.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty much.

Its intellectually lazy thinking. It's a defense mechanism to have to admit what's reality......... that we have a flawed franchise that has issues from the owner on down through the coaching staff. So when someone points out a divisional rival is better, the defense mechanism is to call them a closet Eagles fan.

When threads come up about the Eagles (more and more), the usual suspects show up. If there's a thread about Dak, the usual suspects will pop in and talk about Wentz. Outside of those topics, they lay dormant. When 90% of your posting involves the Eagles or their players, is it really that strange if I pose the question "Why the hell are you here?".

Sydla

Reaction score
That’s the point expressed in the one sentence the troll who started this thread wrote?

Pretty much.

I think it's obvious his point is that as we currently are constructed, we likely can't compete with Philly for the next few years.

I suspect if the Cowboys had fired Garrett, this kind of thread or these types of posts, don't get made nearly as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.