Getting tired of media take on the game!

jack2

Reaction score
Seems everywhere i read about sunday's game, will romo/dallas be destroyed by the steelers defense, after seeing the stats for both defenses, you find that dallas has allowed 2 more points per game than pittsburgh, we have 2 sacks less, and allowed exactly half the sacks that pittsburgh has 18 to 36 (only 9 for romo), so why all the negative headlines, seems to me that rothlesberger should be the one worrying!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jack2;2460717 said:
Seems everywhere i read about sunday's game, will romo/dallas be destroyed by the steelers defense, after seeing the stats for both defenses, you find that dallas has allowed 2 more points per game than pittsburgh, we have 2 sacks less, and allowed exactly half the sacks that pittsburgh has 18 to 36 (only 9 for romo), so why all the negative headlines, seems to me that rothlesberger should be the one worrying!

This is a good thing.

Everyone will pick the steelers this week and every national writer is waiting for Dallas, Romo especially to struggle so they can play this game whether or not he is good. For some reason people still debate this.

The more people doubting us the better. As we all know the media and the analysts always know the outcome of every game, until the actual game is played.

Tony Kornheiser is the best example. During the week he acts like he knows so much, now granted he doesnt take himself as serious as many do, but in the boothe during a live game he sounds complete lost.

So I hope they keep it up.

JPM

Reaction score
Really ? I enjoy when the media doubts us, think we will get killed.
I embrace the hate.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
jack2;2460717 said:

Not to nitpick, but you forgot the most obvious stat....Brad Johnson started 3 games.

That aside, the doubting thing works for us IMO. I think it's a good thing that we're underdogs in their eyes.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
jack2;2460717 said:

I believe your PPG stats are wrong.

PA Pitts- 170
PA Dallas- 260

90 point difference over 11 games is 8.2.

I agree that the difference in Defenses is being over stated, however I wanted to correct your math.

jack2

Reaction score
[you are right!, read the wrong stats, it's in offense where we are 2.5 points per game better 24.9 to 22.5 for pitt!

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2460735 said:
I believe your PPG stats are wrong.

PA Pitts- 170
PA Dallas- 260

90 point difference over 11 games is 8.2.

I agree that the difference in Defenses is being over stated, however I wanted to correct your math.

Yep.

Pitt is #1 in the NFL having only allowed 14.2 ppg.

Dallas is #15 having allowed 21.7 ppg.

...but our defense has been playing very well as of late, and IIRC, there were MANY points scored that could easily be attributed to the offense when they were struggling.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jack2;2460717 said:

First of all, Dallas has allowed 7.5 points per game more than the Steelers, not 2. Don't kid yourself, their defense is very very good.

What worries me is not so much Tony getting sacked as Tony throwing INTs under pressure. The Steelers have more than twice as many INTs as the Cowboys.

I agree that our front seven against Pitt's O-Line is a huge advantage for us. If Tony can control himself and not throw too many picks (particularly in the red zone) and if Barber and Ware are close to full strength, I think we should win this game. But it won't be easy and we could definitely play a good game and still lose this one.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Schlereth was picking Dallas this morning on Mike & Mike.

cmacch

Reaction score
As others have said, I actually like being considered the underdog by the media.

Think of it this way:

If we lose this game, it will be what everyone expected to happen and the media attention will probably be focused on something else. At the very worst, people would be calling us "finished" which would not necessarily be true, so who cares?

If we win this game, it will be a shocker to everyone and the Cowboys will earn some much deserved respect.

Winning a game in which you are considered to be the underdog is a big statement. I'd take a win as an underdog over a loss as the favorite any day. Just look at the Giants last year :p:

jack2

Reaction score
[another interesting stat is the number of passes defended by Pittsburgh 79 to our 49, but it appears to me to be related to the "jacques reeves" type of defense used by dallas!, allow the catch then tackle te receiver!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pittsburgh has beaten the likes of Cincy, Houston, San Diego, Jax, Cleveland and Wash (after they started struggling). They have lost to the likes of NYG, Indy and Philly (before they started struggling). They can only play who is on their schedule, but I see a trend there. Just sayin'

zeroburrito

Reaction score
their d hasn't allowed 300 yards yet. that is absolutetly ridiculous. they deserve praise. they are also 1st in all categories.

alancdc

Reaction score
Maybe they should all go back and look at how the Eagles dominated the Steelers earlier this year after we put 40 up on 'em.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
there is no doubt we are the better team, but their defense + putrid conditions will even things out.

superpunk

Reaction score
The media is fickle.

This week they are in love with Pitt. Why? Because they are always in love with New England, and Pitt just beat New England by a pretty large total, even if the game wasn't really decided until late in the 4th quarter and Randy Moss dropped two TDs.

If we beat Pitt next week, they will in turn have to be obsessed with us, or the storyline will be that the AFC is terrible, and they like what Dallas did, BUT they need to see them do it against the Giants before they believe in them.

They are adorable for their lack of insight and predictability.