Giant black hole should not even exist says stunned scientists

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Hydrogen can't exist at temperatures higher than 600 degrees Celsius. (hince the hydrogen bomb) Yet it allegedly fuels the sun's core when the sun's core operates at 24 million degrees Celsius, allegedly.

SMH

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
If it's been there long enough. Like planets, it could have cleared it's orbit.

Also to take into account. Space is BIG. When you see pictures of an astroid belt in pictures. Yeah, it doesn't actually look like that. It looks like a lot of empty space!

Think of it like this. A small lunch room with 100 people in it. That is the pictures you see. What it's really like is 100 people standing inside Cowboys Stadium. ....and that doesn't even remotely do the truth justice. It's closer to 100 fleas inside a Cowboys Stadium 10000x its actual size. The solar system is a whole lot of empty space.

Nice analogy. I always tell people about the galaxies colliding as a way of explaining how vast the universe is. That when the Milky Way Galaxy and the Andromeda galaxy finally merge (they are heading towards each other and will meet in about 4.5 billion years, coincidentally the same amount of time it would take Jason Garrett to reach a Super Bowl) that really, not much will happen, because the distance between the stars is so great. They will will just merge into a bigger galaxy.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I've read all the articles years ago. I'm just leaning on you guys to see if someone has a logical explanation for my honest to goodness questions? Like...

The space station weighs 900,000 pounds. If its caught in Earth's gravitational field then what's stopping it from crashing back to earth? One could say it creates it's own indent on the fabric of space. But if it creates it's own indent then why do astronauts float around on it? So why are they still in a weightless environment if it creates it's own indent?

See there is a disconnect that I'm missing. So where is the logical explanation for that disconnect? And how does the time dilation that they are experiencing allow them to zip around the world 17 times a day?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The space station weighs 900,000 pounds. If its caught in Earth's gravitational field then what's stopping it from crashing back to earth?

Centrifugal force created by it's orbit keeps it from crashing back to Earth. The same thing keeps the moon from doing the same thing and Earth from crashing into the Sun.

If the centrifugal force cannot overcome the gravitational forces, it will slowly spiral into the Earth. Satellites do this now and many times they have power to re-adjust their orbit when they start to slip closer to the Earth. Or, if the centrifugal force is greater than the force of gravity (like the moon's is) it will slowly move further and further away from the Earth.

Around 4.5 billion years ago when the move started orbiting the Earth. It was only 10,000 miles above the Earth. (compared to almost 240,000 miles now) It was MASSIVE in the sky and the tidal forces on the oceans would have been catastrophic. (ie, the ocean tides) Lets just say, you wouldn't have wanted to live on a beach back then!

Anyhow. The moon is slowly slipping further and further from the Earth and at some point. It will break free of it's orbit around the Earth. We will all be long dead before that happens though.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've read all the articles years ago. I'm just leaning on you guys to see if someone has a logical explanation for my honest to goodness questions? Like...

The space station weighs 900,000 pounds. If its caught in Earth's gravitational field then what's stopping it from crashing back to earth? One could say it creates it's own indent on the fabric of space. But if it creates it's own indent then why do astronauts float around on it? So why are they still in a weightless environment if it creates it's own indent?

See there is a disconnect that I'm missing. So where is the logical explanation for that disconnect? And how does the time dilation that they are experiencing allow them to zip around the world 17 times a day?
The space station is traveling at 4.76 miles per second, which is why it goes around the Earth 15 and a half times a day. Time dilation is minimal, and only causes them to age very slightly slower than the rest of us...and has nothing to do with how fast the ISS is going around the Earth.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Technically the ISS is actually falling. It is just at a projection that it "falls" around Earth instead of down into it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

The very first article that populates in the search debunks the claim.

In fact, it’s from a group called Answers in Genesis which is a Protestant group (i.e. no friend of the Catholic Church) which has no reason to defend the Catholic Church.

nobody

Reaction score
So, even though I read this title many times over the past few days, tonight I misread it as "Giants should not even exist says stunned scientists." I concur.