Giants at Packers Game Thread

erod

Reaction score
There is no "if". Romo is not the starter.

Dallas played the Giants close both games. Sure they lost, but those games were not blowouts. I don't agree that Dallas will likely lose if they face the Giants.
"If" Dak comes out again looking like death eating crackers again, make the change before it's too late.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Hero ball

The lack of creativity and originality is STUNNING to me. No check downs? A drag route? A skinny post?A quick slant? A screen pass to a friggin' RB? Lots of short, concise routes they could be trying and simply insist on going vertical and finding NO one open on the same patterns over and over and over. Unreal.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Same thing with Dak I'm seeing with Aaron..standing in the pocket not pulling the trigger.

Are the Giants that good in the secondary??
Probably getting the benefit of the doubt since theyve gotten so much praise. Seems to be how NFL officiating works.

aria

Reaction score
In 20 years, no one will remember who you beat in divisional. They will only remember the title. I'll take the path of least resistance.

You like to work harder, i would rather work smarter
Unbelievable. And now it becomes more obvious why so many people hate us. So you're also scared? You don't want the team to man up and play the best the other team has, you'd rather win due to a bs penalty or injuries. That's weak.

revospeed

Reaction score
I would have tried someone off the street out at RB before relying on a WR, but that's just me. Refusing to run the ball, as I you're down by 20, is what's going to do in the Packers.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Rodgers is taking way too much time on the reads. He needs to dump it, or run with it.

I haven't figured out why teams don't isolate the NYG linebackers by attacking them out of the backfield.

Hell, Montgomery is a converted WR. Dude would do damage.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They flat REFUSE to run the ball. They are just soft. Remind me of Detroit frankly. Little better but so pass happy it's pathetic.

Their "runnings backs" are a converted wide receiver and a big, slow fullback. They're missing Lacy. He averaged 6 yards per carry in last season's playoffs.

Just another reason to want them next week.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Rodgers is taking way too much time on the reads. He needs to dump it, or run with it.

Giants are impossible to beat if they make you one dimensional. That's what the Packers have become tonight

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same thing with Dak I'm seeing with Aaron..standing in the pocket not pulling the trigger.

They pretty much are. Need to win in the running game, and win contested balls and have the QB take off when it's there.

The good news is their offense isn't very good at all, so you don't need that many points to beat them.

willia451

Reaction score
GB wins 6 games in a row, media and fans suck them off to no end. Rodgers is now a god and you don't want to face them at all.

Dallas wins 11 in a row and it's meh, they haven't proven anything.

Even if the Cowboys win the SB, it will still be that way. Down year in the NFL. Got lucky.

Blah, blah, blah.

Zordon

Reaction score

DCR, Collins, Hall, Jenkins.

Then they got some quality young players - Apple, Wade, Adams.

That's the best secondary in the NFC.

CWR

Reaction score
It hasn't been proven to me at all that the Giants are "Dak killers" like some claim on this forum. The first time we played was Dak's first pro game ever, Beasley and Dez both dropped TD passes and Terrance Williams failed to give us a chance at a game winning fg. The receivers blew that game and we lost 20-19, Dak more than did his job. In the second game it was in NY and it snowed then the weather warmed up enough that the ball was wet, Eli said so, also Dez fell down once causing an INT and fumbled at the end. Next week will be in Dallas with a dry ball and Dak has more experience now. I have no reason to believe that Romo can miraculously do to the Giants anything Dak can't and each of their stages of their careers.

Yeah, Dak did have a rough game though, but hell look at how well they are covering GB. Its just a really good defense. If we beat them Linehans gonna need to bring his A game. I still think we are a better team.