Giants/Commanders?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The smart move is to root for the Skins because the Giants have a soft schedule after the Skins game whereas the Skins have Philly, Tampa, and San Diego coming up.

Let's say Dallas beats Arizona and then beats Philly after the bye, if New York wins they could easily be 7-2 with Dallas being 6-3.

Washington OTOH, is more likely to go 5-4.

Rich.........

VACowboy

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Hmmm..."that good". Interesting comment. Not something I would expect from a Cowboys fan, especially when it comes to the Commanders. I think they are good, but this is the same team that lost to Denver in Denver, while the Giants beat Denver in Denver. I'd call it a wash, and I want the Giants to win because of reasons already given by someone.

They lost to Denver in Denver having thoroughly outplayed the Broncs the entire game. Sound familiar?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Giants since it is always good to see skins fans crying. Warms my soul.
Practically speaking, we need the skins to lose as many division games as possible.
The Skins O dies is Brunnell gets injured, and that will happen sooner or later. He is just to fragile to keep taking the hits- and the teams coming up will be getting to him a lot more then he has been in the last few games.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Giants remaining games

Oct 30 Washington 1:00pm
Nov 6 @San Francisco 4:05pm
Nov 13 Minnesota 1:00pm 70
Nov 20 Philadelphia 1:00pm
Nov 27 @Seattle 4:15pm
Dec 4 Dallas 1:00pm 71
Dec 11 @Philadelphia 4:05pm
Dec 17 Kansas City 5:00pm
Dec 24 @Washington 1:00pm
Dec 31 @Oakland 8:00pm

not terrible

skins-
Oct 30 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Nov 6 Philadelphia 8:30pm
Nov 13 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Nov 20 Oakland 1:00pm
Nov 27 San Diego 1:00pm
Dec 4 @St. Louis 4:05pm
Dec 11 @Arizona 4:05pm
Dec 18 Dallas 1:00pm
Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Jan 1 @Philadelphia 4:15pm

little touger, and I also dont think they are good as the Giants

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
NEVER in my lifetime will I root for the SKINS......NEVER!!!!!!! :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins:
i've rooted for the skins once, and that was in 2003 when they were playing the eagles on the last game of the year, and had they beaten the eagles we'd have won the division = first round bye, but we all know how that went

NorTex

Reaction score
These are my favorite type of non-Cowboys games.

It doesn't matter who wins or loses, I can root against both teams and one of them is gonna lose.

Ahh, the simple pleasures in life.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Aaaaahhhh....
My 2 MOST HATED teams facing off.

Who do I hate more?

The good news?
1 of them has to lose.
The bad news?
1 of them has to win.

I suppose for the benefit of the Cowboys, I want the Skins to lose.
But the Giants suck so bad, I'm afraid the Skins will win.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Never root for the Commanders. They will always be the most loathsome team in the NFL much less the division. The Eagles and Giants are just the other two teams in the division. Having watched the Cowboys for as long as they have been the Cowboys, I can tell you this division has always been about the Cowboys/Commanders with the Eagles and Giants occasionally having a few good years and being tough to beat.

Skins26

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
and I also dont think they are good as the Giants
With a tougher schedule, we have the #2 offense and #4 defense.
With a softer schedule, the Gianst are #15 in offense and #31 in defense (even Houston has a better D).

What evidence can you give to support your statement?

Never root for the Commanders. They will always be the most loathsome team in the NFL much less the division. The Eagles and Giants are just the other two teams in the division. Having watched the Cowboys for as long as they have been the Cowboys, I can tell you this division has always been about the Cowboys/Commanders with the Eagles and Giants occasionally having a few good years and being tough to beat.
If you're looking at the history of the teams in this division then it's Washington and the Giants, with Dallas and Philly occasionally having a few good years and being tough to beat.

Washington: 527-477-27
Giants: 593-508-33
Dallas: 415-307-6
Eagles: 471-516-25

Kilyin

Reaction score
Skins26 said:
If you're looking at the history of the teams in this division then it's Washington and the Giants, with Dallas and Philly occasionally having a few good years and being tough to beat.

I think he was talking about Super Bowls, chief. They mean a little more than regular season victories. BTW, nice loss column.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
NEVER in my lifetime will I root for the SKINS......NEVER!!!!!!! :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins:

As they say in da hood true dat only way I could ever and I mean ever is IF they drafted my son # 1 in the draft and he is getting a big fat signing bonus (and then I will only root for him)

Skins26

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
I dont think either are great, but giants are better
I asked why....

I think he was talking about Super Bowls, chief. They mean a little more than regular season victories.
Giants have 6 NFL championships...

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Skins26 said:
With a tougher schedule, we have the #2 offense and #4 defense.
With a softer schedule, the Gianst are #15 in offense and #31 in defense (even Houston has a better D).

What evidence can you give to support your statement?

And Dallas came into the league and the division when?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If your looking for stats I have none, I've watched both teams and I think the Giants are the better team.

Skins beat up on the niners and pulled wins out of their ***** against us and the hawks. And squaked by the Bears by 2.

And the Giants, while playing a cup cake schedule have shown me more than the Skins have, they killed several teams and hung with us @ Dallas, which is impressive.

Doesnt matter though. Philly, NJ, and Washington were outplayed by us, so I think the division is well within reach

VACowboy

Reaction score
Skins26 said:

Uhm...

I don't understand the point here. Washington and NY have existed longer and so obviously played and won/lost more games. The important statistic is, who's won more when given the opportunity to play?

Washington: 52.4%
New York: 53.8%
Dallas: 57.4%

How do you figger the Gints and Skins have dominated the division while Dallas has had a good year or two when the Cowboys have won a much higher percentage of their games?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The Giants are my second favourite team given I used to see them a ton on a Vermont CBS station when I lived in Montreal. Other than games when they play us, I don't mind if they win (unless of course it hurts us ;) ). Between them and the 4skins, there is no comparison.