Giants Extra Home Game

juck

Reaction score
I seriously think this is a load of crap.First ,home games mean everything this day and age.Second,Have u guys noticed they havent won away yet?This may matter a lot and the end of the season,i personally think manning chokes away from home.

Padd

Reaction score
I hated this from the moment it was announced....a total competitive advantage.

Manster68

Reaction score
They will get their first road win this Sunday in Frisco.

SF played their Super Bowl last week against Tampa.

Either way, with NYG or SF losing, we'll be happy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dude -- this extra home game was the result of a terrible disaster that caused tremendous loss of life. Those surviving had their lives altered permanently and for the worse.

Get some perspective. This is so much bigger than football.

juck

Reaction score
I understand the devestating loss,but thats neither here nor there in regards to playing the game in nyc.it could have been played elsewhere neutral.its bullcrap.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
juckie said:
I understand the devestating loss,but thats neither here nor there in regards to playing the game in nyc.it could have been played elsewhere neutral.its bullcrap.

Where? you think the NFL didn't try to work that out? Here's bulletin - there are not a ton of unused venues capable of taking on an event of that magnitude on short notice.

Stop complaining -- the Giants beat NO any day of the week, any location.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Dude -- this extra home game was the result of a terrible disaster that caused tremendous loss of life. Those surviving had their lives altered permanently and for the worse.

And how did playing this game in NY make any difference on those who suffered? Most of those affected (from LA) have said they would have preferred the game being in LA. Having it in NY was about making $$$ - and I find it hard to believe that it couldn't have been played anywhere else in the US. And, If they're were so set on a big $$ $market, why not play it Los Angeles?

This could have a big effect on the NFC East this year.

juck

Reaction score
This may be the deciding factor at the end of the season.

fortdick

Reaction score
abersonc said:

It was a terrible shame. . . but bigger than football? ;)

JDSmith

Reaction score
abersonc said:

That argument is beyond weak. If you want to use that argument then you'd have to argue that there should have been no games at all. And then you'd have to cancel all sports, since there are always tragedies that are clearly much more important for anyone with perspective. So now I guess your Sundays will be freed up to do charity work around the world.

Just because there was a tragedy has nothing to do with the mishandling of the entire event by the NFL, nor does it have any bearing on the competetive advantage that the Giants enjoyed because of the game being played in their stadium. Even the Saints players and coaches were disgusted that the game was in NY. Were they lacking your sense of perspective?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Not to mention that the HOME record for NFC east is 13-1...our loss to Skins...should be 14-0. That said the Saints game is in the win column...with the way Gints play on the road...this could have been a loss!

JDSmith

Reaction score
Overall on the season the home team has won 66% of the time. Home field advantage is HUGE in today's NFL. Basically, if you want to look smart you just have to pick the home team every week (obviously this is just wins and losses, not point spreads), and tweak it with a few of the more obvious teams who really suck or are really good no matter where they play.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Where? you think the NFL didn't try to work that out? Here's bulletin - there are not a ton of unused venues capable of taking on an event of that magnitude on short notice.

Stop complaining -- the Giants beat NO any day of the week, any location.

I wouldn't just blindly assume that the Giants beat any team, any week, at any location. I think we've see plenty of upsets this season.

Bottom line, this is an unfair advantage to the NYG.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
That argument is beyond weak. If you want to use that argument then you'd have to argue that there should have been no games at all. And then you'd have to cancel all sports, since there are always tragedies that are clearly much more important for anyone with perspective. So now I guess your Sundays will be freed up to do charity work around the world.

Just because there was a tragedy has nothing to do with the mishandling of the entire event by the NFL, nor does it have any bearing on the competetive advantage that the Giants enjoyed because of the game being played in their stadium. Even the Saints players and coaches were disgusted that the game was in NY. Were they lacking your sense of perspective?

How does playing a game on National TV with proceeds going to hurricane relief constitute mishandling the situation? The league did something that made a considerable amount of $$ for charity.

juck

Reaction score
its ok they will get theres.The giants arent all that.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
They could of easily had it anywhere else. Thats a fact.

MBIV -- Generally facts come with some form of support. Ya got any?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Getting the WC might actually be beneficial in the long run seeing as wed play the NFC North winner if we were the 5 seed/best wildcard team.