Giants Extra Home Game

JDSmith

Reaction score
abersonc said:
How does playing a game on National TV with proceeds going to hurricane relief constitute mishandling the situation? The league did something that made a considerable amount of $$ for charity.

They could have done that anywhere. They didn't even sell out Giants stadium, which was supposedly their argument for having the game there. They could have had it in San Antonio or anyplace else and still televised it. There was simply no reason to give the Giants an extra home game, and the relief effort has no bearing on that decision.

JDSmith

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Does anyone here really believe NO would have beaten NY, anywhere? Get off your soapbox...

66% on the season - home team record in the entire NFL with over 110 games played this year. I'd say the odds are MUCH better that the Saints would have won that game away from Giants stadium, and the numbers back that up.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
How about the fact that about 30 other stadiums were vacant at the time

They made a knee jerk decision 2 weeks before the game, and it was the wrong one, its a fact, only Giants fans disagree.

Now, if they would of won the game or not if it was in LA,SA, or w/e well never know but it was the wrong decision to have the game in New Jersey, simple as that, I really dont see how anyone could see otherwise

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
How about the fact that about 30 other stadiums were vacant at the time

They made a knee jerk decision 2 weeks before the game, and it was the wrong one, its a fact, only Giants fans disagree.

Now, if they would of won the game or not if it was in LA,SA, or w/e well never know but it was the wrong decision to have the game in New Jersey, simple as that, I really dont see how anyone could see otherwise

Vacant does not mean available. You sure there was nothing planned at all those locations? Where else would you have the fan base to fill the seats? Remember, proceeds went to charity -- you don't want to play that game somewhere that the fans aren't going to care.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
How does playing a game on National TV with proceeds going to hurricane relief constitute mishandling the situation? The league did something that made a considerable amount of $$ for charity.
The Saints were very upset having to go to New York for their home game. They knew it was a sham. The NFL had time to move it to a different stadium so there really was a visiting team.

Padd

Reaction score
Plus, there was precedent. The wildfires outside SD a few years ago which forced a Charger game location change....not to Miami, who was the opponent, but to Sun Devil Stadium. A neutral site. And if I remember correctly, they sold it out.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Does anyone here really believe NO would have beaten NY, anywhere? Get off your soapbox...

Anything can happen...the game still has to be played, regardless of what the "experts" predict.

JDSmith

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Vacant does not mean available. You sure there was nothing planned at all those locations? Where else would you have the fan base to fill the seats? Remember, proceeds went to charity -- you don't want to play that game somewhere that the fans aren't going to care.

I'm pretty sure that San Antonio made a public offer before they decided to have it in Giants Stadium. And there were about 25,000 unsold seats 2 days before the game - not sure what the final numbers were. I don't know if they ever released them - the whole blackout discussion 2 days before the game was embarrassing enough.

Anyone who believes the game should have been held in Giants stadium has got to be a Giants fan. I live in NJ and even here there were Giants fans surprised (pleasantly) that they'd have the game here - but they wouldn't complain about it because they were happy to get an edge.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
They didnt even sell out in NJ.

Im pretty sure the game they played at SA, was a bigger draw.

And the NFL, a multi billion dollar business, could have matched w/e they thought the estimation would of been for a sell out. You would think they'd at least make a half-*** attempt to give the Saints and their fans a break

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
abersonc said:

blah blah blah

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
How many road games has Eli Manning won in his career... oh yeah, that's right, ZERO.

Saints were coming of a big week one win AT Carolina... I think they take the Giants on a neutral/home field.

That game was a farce.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Danny White said:
How many road games has Eli Manning won in his career... oh yeah, that's right, ZERO.

Saints were coming of a big week one win AT Carolina... I think they take the Giants on a neutral/home field.

That game was a farce.

Sorry, you are wrong. Eli has won one road game... of course it was AT Giants stadium. But they did put the Saints name and emblem on the field, so that's the same thing as winning on the road. At least according to the NFL.:rolleyes:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Padd said:
Plus, there was precedent. The wildfires outside SD a few years ago which forced a Charger game location change....not to Miami, who was the opponent, but to Sun Devil Stadium. A neutral site. And if I remember correctly, they sold it out.

No, they gave tickets away. That's how it filled up.

JDSmith

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Itd be interesting to see ELi's QB rating @ home and away...anyone?

This year it's probably pretty good on the road. He had a high rating when his team got shellacked by San Diego. Of course SD was pretty comfortable sitting on their 20 pt lead, and that might have made it a tiny bit easier for him to complete passes in garbage time (the second half, basically).

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
juckie said:
I seriously think this is a load of crap.First ,home games mean everything this day and age.Second,Have u guys noticed they havent won away yet?This may matter a lot and the end of the season,i personally think manning chokes away from home.

the NFL scrod the pooch on that one. but it's spilt milk now. the Cowboys need to take care of their own business. this shouldn't be an issue - or an excuse.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Padd said:
And they did it on two days' notice.

I'm offically a 49er fan this week.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Given Eli Manning has never won a game not played at Giants' Stadium, there is a pretty good likelihood they would have lost to the Saints had the game been played other than East Rutherford, New Jersey.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I know this much, there is no way Dallas would have gotten an extra home game.

Obviously, because of the blatant media bias against us, right?

Give me a break..... :rolleyes:

You people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.