Twitter: Giants fire Pat Shurmur

slick325

Reaction score
Garrett should be and will be high on their list. What will ruffle my feathers is if Garrett learns from his conservative game planning here and starts being a gambler in big moments...and finds success. Especially if he does it in the NFC East. Smh...

aria

Reaction score
How would it feel if Garrett went to NY and was quite successful because he didn’t have Jerry meddling in his business and keeping him on a choke collar. Imagine if he started dominating the NFCE. I would almost find that comical.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
How would it feel if Garrett went to NY and was quite successful because he didn’t have Jerry meddling in his business and keeping him on a choke collar. Imagine if he started dominating the NFCE. I would almost find that comical.

Jerry meddled sure. Garrett didn't have to put up with it and Jerry is certainly not the guy who made Garrett ice his own kicker. Jason Garrett isn't a good coach. He's a motivational speaker.

aria

Reaction score
Jerry meddled sure. Garrett didn't have to put up with it and Jerry is certainly not the guy who made Garrett ice his own kicker. Jason Garrett isn't a good coach. He's a motivational speaker.
Time will tell, lots of good coaches make bad decisions.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Time will tell, lots of good coaches make bad decisions.

Sure, but those coaches learn from it. Jason Garrett in 10 years has still not mastered timeouts. Yea I will be glad if the Giants take him. His conservative play calling and offensive philosophy will doom them.

aria

Reaction score
Sure, but those coaches learn from it. Jason Garrett in 10 years has still not mastered timeouts. Yea I will be glad if the Giants take him. His conservative play calling and offensive philosophy will doom them.
I wish him well wherever he goes as long as its not the NFCE.

BTW, did you happen to watch Pete Carrol blinder the win last night due to clock mismanagement in the 4th on the 2 yard line? Remember his decision in the Super Bowl to pass instead of give the ball to Lynch on the goal line? Did you see Payton inexplicably go for the 2 point conversion when up by 13 which ended up costing them the game against the 49’ers this year which now cost them home field advantage throughout the playoffs? Remember when we beat the Saints last year and Payton wasted a challenge on a play that was overall irrelevant (difference of a couple yards) and when Beasley was clearly short by about 2 yards on a critical 3rd down, Payton couldn’t challenge it because he was out of timeouts?

Just off the top of my head...again, you brought up icing his own kicker, I just wanted to provide some examples of coaches who a lot of people consider great, who make egregious mistakes as well.

Overall...yeah, it’s time for Garrett to go but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do well.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If he wins with another team, it'll be because that team acquires enough talent that any average coach could win with them.