Twitter: Giants GM job and Will McClay

Kumbaya

Reaction score
I too would like to fire Judge, but John Mara won’t do it. Any doubts I had in firing Judge went away when I saw he ordered two qb sneaks on our 5 yard line because he didn’t trust the offense to get a first down or not create a turnover. Not to mention I’m sick and tired of his post game speeches…..I’m still hoping the new GM will have that authority to fire Judge, but I doubt Abrams or Ziegler will do it if one of them are hired to be our next GM. Schoen could bring Leslie Frazier over from Buffalo…that would work for me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
At this point, it doesn't really seem like McClay cares what title he has. He's had multiple opportunities to be a GM elsewhere and turned them down. Maybe there comes a point where he wants a new challenge or a change, but it seems like he's pretty satisfied with what he's doing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He retired..

I don't see McClay leaving, he loves it in Dallas, he runs the show, he's the real de facto GM on this team anyway and well compensated for it
like anyone knows what this guys salary truly is, jerry pays his guys.. thats a fact..

Rayman70

Reaction score
NY is FB Siberia. Why the heck would anyone leave a place like this for a place like THAT? He is no fool.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"Jerry, did you hear how much the Giants are willing to pay me to be their GM? They want me to put some sizzle in their offensive fizzle."
"We want choo here, Bill. Name your price."

Quickest negotiation eva!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has the greatest job in professional sports. If the Cowboys have a great draft, he's lauded as a genius. If they make questionable moves, it's the durn Jones boys fault!!!!
He's probably paid as much if not more than most GM's too

JustChip

Reaction score
Not likely if he left.
I think it depends how McClay handles it. Jerry is loyal to a fault and values that from his subordinates. But, and I obviously don’t know Jerry, believe he is fair and wouldn’t hold it against Will if the later handles it right. If he goes in and stresses to Jerry how appreciative he is and it’s absolutely not a reflection of how Will feels about Jerry, the Cowboys, or the job, but that he wants the challenge of resurrecting a moribund franchise, I think Jerry would not hold it against him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it depends how McClay handles it. Jerry is loyal to a fault and values that from his subordinates. But, and I obviously don’t know Jerry, believe he is fair and wouldn’t hold it against Will if the later handles it right. If he goes in and stresses to Jerry how appreciative he is and it’s absolutely not a reflection of how Will feels about Jerry, the Cowboys, or the job, but that he wants the challenge of resurrecting a moribund franchise, I think Jerry would not hold it against him.

Think about this. McClay’s position will have been filled after he leaves.

JustChip

Reaction score
Think about this. McClay’s position will have been filled after he leaves.
True. I’m not saying he would come back in the same capacity. It’s not beyond Jerry creating a “consulting” or other position like he tried to do with Dan Reeves.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
This guy is the only reason this team has been as good as it has. The idiots signing the checks are still screwing up but this guy drafts amazing until a DC or OC chirps in the ears of the owners and vittos who McClay wants.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. I’m not saying he would come back in the same capacity. It’s not beyond Jerry creating a “consulting” or other position like he tried to do with Dan Reeves.

And we know how that worked out…

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Family is important to Jerry and Stephen Jones and McClay considers by the Jones as Family. I think it is mutual.

As long as he is paid like a GM, he stays in Dallas. All McClay has done is draft Pro Bowl players or starters in the first round of the draft. Even Taco ended the season starting for the Steelers and is in the playoffs with TJ Wyatt.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And force him to punch in on the good ol' time clock, which offended Reeves so much he bounced?

JustChip

Reaction score
And force him to punch in on the good ol' time clock, which offended Reeves so much he bounced?
That was one of the more bizzaro, disrespectful things Jerry has ever done.

Last edited: