Twitter: Giants GM job and Will McClay

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I knew Willie McClay's name was going to show up...in fact I think I noted in a thread earlier that the Giants would be looking for a GM and how lucky we are that we have a defacto one in McClay. This is probably click bait. NFW in hell does he leave Dallas.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't see anyone, much less McClay, taking that job knowing you are inheriting Joe Judge.

I am really shocked they have not fired that guy already.
Seems like they are going to fire anyone around him until they figure out he is the one they need to fire.

lukin2006

Reaction score
McClay is the current GM for the Dallas Cowboys. He just doesn't have the title and all the heat that comes with it. Lions offered him the job in the past and he turned them down, don't see him going anywhere.
The Lions job would be better than New York…the Fords are patient and not known for meddling…

bewp7

Reaction score
Not worry about this lol

maybe mcclay want a gm or president job today or one day but I bet it won’t be this one!!!

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I can't see anyone, much less McClay, taking that job knowing they are inheriting Joe Judge.

Presumably the incoming GM would have the ability to decide whether or not to keep him. Although that's a decision they would need to make quickly before other jobs get filled.

quickccc

Reaction score
Have heard it reported McClay has stated in the past that he is content with being a front role management guy with the Cowboys.
Said a lot had to do with his family who is very happy and comfortable here in DFW.

Reportedly teams have had interest in interviewing him for GM offers, but of course he's declined.

Giants may have money .... but so what .. so does Jerry.... most definitely Jerry does.
But from all that's been heard, it's not about money and position with McClay but more so role content and family.

o_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McClay may just be happy living and raising his family in the DFW market and I do believe the Joneses value his insight and knowledge and rely on him and treat him well.

Part of this also relies on what he thinks will happen should the son take over the team. McClay could be elevated to the GM position. If he leaves, I would assume he knows something other than that.

mldardy

Reaction score
LOL NY media makes me laugh. They always looking for the quick fix by poaching from another team. Fix your own problems, Giants.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Jerry wants to keep McClay give him the real GM title. But Jerry won't do that because he sees himself at the GM. If the Giants or some other teams offers McClay the GM job, giving him real decision making authority, why wouldn't he leave?