Giants had a huge getcha your popcorn ready sign..

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1901593 said:
If we are a joke at 13-4 what are the 8-8 Eagles?

More of a joke:D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
windward;1901506 said:
in the NFC. since 1990.
It's happened many times before that and in the AFC post-1990

Look at the 1976 Cowboys, 1987 49ers, 1996 Broncos and 2005 Colts as evidence that losing in the divisional playoffs does not spell doom and gloom for the next year.

And didn't each one of those teams win the Super Bowl the year after?

Hhhmmm. Bodes well for us don't you think? :D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
mitchell2254;1901574 said:
How many poor games are you allowed before you become a joke. Does 5 in a row not get the job done?

we didnt play poorly in carolina and we didnt play poorly in detroit.

We played poorly against philly and washington though.

I dont think anything that happened in december affected tonights game though. I just think this team lacked fundamentals in the game. Alot of simple things were not accomplished tonight, stuff this team did in there sleep all year.

I have no idea what caused it. they were ready to play, but they allowed themselves to make mistakes in the second half. I think it is hard to get a handle on.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1901597 said:

That's why I'm not sitting in the bathtub slitting my wrists.

SDogo

Reaction score
trickblue;1901586 said:
See... we will get 100 responses as to how we aren't pro coaches...

When the day ends, we will have a win record in the playoffs that equals Wade Phillips...

We should have been ready to play... we weren't...

Really it has be a reacuuring theme all year. How many times did Dallas allow the opponents to score going into half time? Just this one time before they ven kicked off I looked at my wife and said this last 53 seconds is going to come back and bite them. I was hoping Barber was going to get stuffed 1 more time before putting it in. I knew 53 was to much.......

Heck, we have a win record in the playoffs equal to that of Parcells and Phillips!:(

SDogo

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1901597 said:

Let's hope.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1901593 said:
If we are a joke at 13-4 what are the 8-8 Eagles?
What do the Eagles have to do with anything? They didnt get HFA only to become the first team to not win a playoff game in doing so.

SDogo

Reaction score
windward;1901612 said:
That's why I'm not sitting in the bathtub slitting my wrists.

No one is slitting their wrists on next year already. We will be trying to stitch up the wrists from this year for at least another 3 months.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mitchell2254;1901624 said:
What do the Eagles have to do with anything? They didnt get HFA only to become the first team to not win a playoff game in doing so.

we aren't the first team not to win a playoff game with home field. We are just the first NFC team since 1990 to do so. The Colts, Chargers and yes even the Cowboys have had that misery before.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1901613 said:
Really it has be a reacuuring theme all year. How many times did Dallas allow the opponents to score going into half time? Just this one time before they ven kicked off I looked at my wife and said this last 53 seconds is going to come back and bite them. I was hoping Barber was going to get stuffed 1 more time before putting it in. I knew 53 was to much.......

Heck, we have a win record in the playoffs equal to that of Parcells and Phillips!:(

That's the whole point... we weren't ready...

As poorly as we played, we had a chance to win this game...

I think that is the issue with Cowboy fans...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Who cares? The Giants will be out next week. The script for the SB doesn't call for them.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1901667 said:
Who cares? The Giants will be out next week. The script for the SB doesn't call for them.

Actually... I care...

We should have won this game by 14... we weren't ready...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
trickblue;1901702 said:
Actually... I care...

We should have won this game by 14... we weren't ready...

I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about the popcorn sign and the Giants' players reactions.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
windward;1901464 said:
I can't wait till we play these guys next year.

Yeah, maybe we'll beat them two more times only to lose to them in the playoffs again.

That last thing I want the Cowboys to turn into is the Commanders, who think games against division rivals are the Superbowl.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
TheCount;1901735 said:
Yeah, maybe we'll beat them two more times only to lose to them in the playoffs again.

That last thing I want the Cowboys to turn into is the Commanders, who think games against division rivals are the Superbowl.
Ooookayyyy. There's a difference to looking forward to a game with a rival and having that game be our sole reason for existence.

No reason for extremist viewpoints.