Giants may fire Garrett

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
In or under?
Never really noticed the avatar before. Funny thing tough, about a month ago a guy at work asked me "who is your favorite wrester?" Without hesitation, I said "Mister Wresting #2" He just stared at me for a few seconds like I has just spoken in fluent Martian or something. He had no idea what it was that I had just said. Puppies, what can you do? LOL

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wow. Welcome home if that happens. He should be a Cowboy for life.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-giants-could-fire-jason-223501406.html

Vicchiano in this article admitted that nobody in the giants front office has given the slightest hint that Garrett would be fired. This probably just another piece of sportswriter speculation to get clicks on his article. Sportswriters never get tired of doing that and they never mention or admit how many times they're wrong. I don't care about Garrett one way or another but I also don't believe unsubstantiated speculation either.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Never really noticed the avatar before. Funny thing tough, about a month ago a guy at work asked me "who is your favorite wrester?" Without hesitation, I said "Mister Wresting #2" He just stared at me for a few seconds like I has just spoken in fluent Martian or something. He had no idea what it was that I had just said. Puppies, what can you do? LOL

I would have thought you were speaking fluent Martian too but then I don't watch fake entertainment that tries to claim it's a sport.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I would have thought you were speaking fluent Martian too but then I don't watch fake entertainment that tries to claim it's a sport.
Can't argue that most of it is faked, but THIS happened to Mr. Wresting #1 (George Woodin):

In 1968, Woodin faced street fighter Arnold Spurlin, a former Golden Gloves champion, in a shoot fight in Columbus, Georgia. After Woodin dominated the match, using non-wrestling moves and blows with his fists, Spurlin bit down on the only thing he could to stop the melee - Woodin’s finger. As Woodin danced around Spurlin in pain and trying to remove his finger from his opponent’s grip, other wrestlers entered the ring and began beating Spurlin. Spurlin’ s friends then joined in with knives in hand to run off the wrestlers. As they did, Spurlin spit Woodin’s finger joint across the ring. The finger was subsequently surgically reattached, but Woodin did not regain full use of it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Can't argue that most of it is faked, but THIS happened to Mr. Wresting #1 (George Woodin):

In 1968, Woodin faced street fighter Arnold Spurlin, a former Golden Gloves champion, in a shoot fight in Columbus, Georgia. After Woodin dominated the match, using non-wrestling moves and blows with his fists, Spurlin bit down on the only thing he could to stop the melee - Woodin’s finger. As Woodin danced around Spurlin in pain and trying to remove his finger from his opponent’s grip, other wrestlers entered the ring and began beating Spurlin. Spurlin’ s friends then joined in with knives in hand to run off the wrestlers. As they did, Spurlin spit Woodin’s finger joint across the ring. The finger was subsequently surgically reattached, but Woodin did not regain full use of it.

To tell you the truth I couldn't care less what happens to any of those guys in their costumes and their fake sport.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Yep, Wrestling 80s and before used to be awesome. Can't stand watching it now.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
To tell you the truth I couldn't care less what happens to any of those guys in their costumes and their fake sport.

It is staged, not fake. Those guys put their bodies through an awful lot of torture. I mean one could make the argument that golf and nascar were fake.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It is staged, not fake. Those guys put their bodies through an awful lot of torture. I mean one could make the argument that golf and nascar were fake.

That's total BS. Neither golf or nascar have predetermined winners like the fake wrestling has. How many times in the same match is there someone down on his back motionless like he's out cold and the other guy gets on top of him and it goes 1, 2 and then they guy that looked like he was out cold just throws the other guy off him. Or a guy gets hit in the chest with a forearm and he goes down but later is hit with a folding chair and stays on his feet. It's all fake. Now if you like that fake crap fine, but I don't watch it for free on TV and would never spend even a penny to see it live.

csirl

Reaction score
Since Garrett is Dak's biggest fan, do Dak fans want him back in Dallas?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
That's total BS. Neither golf or nascar have predetermined winners like the fake wrestling has. How many times in the same match is there someone down on his back motionless like he's out cold and the other guy gets on top of him and it goes 1, 2 and then they guy that looked like he was out cold just throws the other guy off him. Or a guy gets hit in the chest with a forearm and he goes down but later is hit with a folding chair and stays on his feet. It's all fake. Now if you like that fake crap fine, but I don't watch it for free on TV and would never spend even a penny to see it live.

While the matches are staged and the outcomes predetermined the physical nature of the sport is quite intense. Their is nothing "fake" about the physical nature of the sport and the bumps, bruises and broken bones/etc that come along with the territory.

plymkr

Reaction score
Wait, what? It only took the Mara's less than a season to spot a fraud when Jerry couldn't figure it out in a decade? Lol!
That's because Jerry is a fraud as well. Frauds stick together.