Giants may fire Garrett

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Wresting in the 70's and early 80's were awesome. Managers like Captain Lou Albano, Freddie Blassie to hate and great characters like Ivan Putski, The wild Samoans, Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkof, George the animal Steel, Professor Tanaka and Mr. Fuji, Roddy Piper, Chief Jay Strong Bow, Bruno Sammartino etc.. Brings back lot of my childhood memories
Von Erichs vs the Freebirds....Iron Claw baby..:)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Been without Barkley all year, QB has been in and out of the lineup and just doesn't look very good, receivers in and out of the lineup...no off-season to install everything..it's really hard to judge Garrett this year. He probably gets another.
Not sure Judge ever liked him. With a lot more choices out there again he may well fire JG.
When JG took that said I said it was a mistake. Judge isn't going to get Wade'd out of his job.

JG should go run a college program. He'd be great at Penn St. No more sexual assaults and his process is more fitting in a college atmosphere where you gotta plug and play yearly.

Execution is important but the NFL is also about innovation.
They already fired Colombo who was a JG selection.

JustChip

Reaction score
I never liked Judge I think he is full of himself and insecure the OL was clicking and he fired Marc maybe it is better for JG to leave to Boise State
Judge time in NY won't last either
Yep. Just another in the ling list of Belichick coaching tree failures.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. Welcome home if that happens. He should be a Cowboy for life.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-giants-could-fire-jason-223501406.html

Shocker. Garrets career is a testament to the importance of networking and butt kissing. He's never merited a job. He was a struggling QB coach before our owner and fearless leader Jerrah took a shine to him and anointed him the future head coach. He only got the Giants job b/c of the Saban /Belechek connection. In a just universe, he would have been out of the NFL in 2006.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d imagine he’ll be considered for some HC openings.

Now that everyone sees he wasn’t the sole cause for lack of success in Dallas.

Matt

Reaction score
Does anyone else get a worried feeling that Jerry has so much love for JG, that if this did happen, he would bring him back to Dallas?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Does anyone else get a worried feeling that Jerry has so much love for JG, that if this did happen, he would bring him back to Dallas?
JG should move to the management level not in coaching .He will do much better

khiladi

Reaction score
This is the guy we wasted Romo’s career for. Garrett was the play-caller officially until 2012, but kept interfering until 2013.

Garrett is pretty much only with the Giants because of family connection ties as well. His father coached with the Giants as well and they have the NJ-NY connections going way back. But it looks like the Mara’s have a shorter leash, if this is true. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was similar to Jones, where the Mara’s wanted him even though Joe had other choices.

The Giants already fired Columbo and it looks like Judge took over the running game weeks back, which led to the improvement in the RG. Garret couldn’t field a running game to save his life. Another guy Garrett brought along was Dooley, who was let go by the Cowboys. It’s amazing how Garrett-groupies used to say Jerry ‘forced’ hired on Garrett and didn’t let him do his thing. If anything, Jerry gave this man the biggest leash in the world.

Last edited:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Garrett, Haskins and Wentz gone would be a disaster for Dallas.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
There are a ton of HC job openings this offseason...who wants Garrett!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Seems like semantics - make excuses for him, defend him, same thing.

Some people just can't let the notion go that Garrett probably was here too long, wasn't a very good HC and should have been fired long before he was (and technically, he wasn't even fired, that's how pathetic Jerry is, he just let the contract expire). So no matter what happens to Garrett, his fans here will always come up with excuses for him.

Garrett absolutely should have been canned long before he did. The only thing I regret is that he didn't. Are there really people that think he should still be here?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Not sure Judge ever liked him. With a lot more choices out there again he may well fire JG.
When JG took that said I said it was a mistake. Judge isn't going to get Wade'd out of his job.

JG should go run a college program. He'd be great at Penn St. No more sexual assaults and his process is more fitting in a college atmosphere where you gotta plug and play yearly.

Execution is important but the NFL is also about innovation.
They already fired Colombo who was a JG selection.

I do agree that Garrett would probably be better at the college level with the rah rah stuff.

It was an interesting hire for the Giants but he did have pretty significant relations there....would suck for Judge if he wasn't on board with it.