Giants may fire Garrett

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo was good before he ever spoke to Jason Garrett. Why isnt Jones developing under Garrett? He looked better under Shurmur
No he wasn’t. There was an obvious improvement in his game from 2006 to 2007 and beyond.

I haven’t watched many Giant games. I can’t really speak on the subject but looking from the outside I’d say after only one year is too early to say considering he’s been injured and missing Barkley.

I really have no idea how Jones has done . And I haven’t seen enough to be sold he is the answer there. But I do see an improved Giant team this year.

It appears to me their coaching staff still in the division race until the final weekend is making the most of their talent on the field this year. That’s my take anyway.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
No he wasn’t. There was an obvious improvement in his game from 2006 to 2007 and beyond.

I haven’t watched many Giant games. I can’t really speak on the subject but looking from the outside I’d say after only one year is too early to say considering he’s been injured and missing Barkley.

I really have no idea how Jones has done . And I haven’t seen enough to be sold he is the answer there. But I do see an improved Giant team this year.

It appears to me their coaching staff still in the division race until the final weekend is making the most of their talent on the field this year. That’s my take anyway.
2007 had nothing to do with Garrett either :laugh: that was Sporano

Listen, Garrett will not be a hc candidate. What nore evidence do you want?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
2007 had nothing to do with Garrett either :laugh: that was Sporano

Listen, Garrett will not be a hc candidate. What nore evidence do you want?
Garrett had everything to do with Romo’s success. All OC and HC do. Not sure why some fans choose to take any other stance with Garrett? Appears to be nothing more than trolling.

And only time will tell whether he will get another shot.

One thing for sure since Jimmy left there’s only been 1 Cowboys HC who did get another shot and it took him about 10 years at Ga Tech before Buffalo called.

I’ve said for years the Cowboys are a dead end for coaches . And this could be the case again. We shall see. But there’s still many years to unfold before the final chapters are written.

Regardless it doesn’t dismiss that Garrett’s tenure was one of if not more of the most successful in last 25 years despite whatever flaws , frustrations and disappointments we had.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Garrett had everything to do with Romo’s success. All OC and HC do. Not sure why some fans choose to take any other stance with Garrett? Appears to be nothing more than trolling.

One thing for sure since Jimmy left there’s only been 1 Cowboys HC who did get another shot and it took him about 10 years at Ga Tech before Buffalo called.

I’ve said for years the Cowboys are a dead end for coaches . And this could be the case again. We shall see. But there’s still many years to unfold before the final chapters are written.

Regardless it doesn’t secure that Garrett’s tenure was one of if more the most successful in last 25 years despite whatever flaws , frustrations and disappointments we had.
Disingenuous bullsh. If parcells wasnt old as dirt he wouldve had a job the second he left dallas. Stop embarassing yourself. And why were receivers saying Romo was the OC? lol. Why do I waste my time with this. TIME WONT TELL! Im telling you he sucks which is why he wont get a hc job next year. Thats not a debate.

Motorola

Reaction score
Wow. Welcome home if that happens. He should be a Cowboy for life.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-giants-could-fire-jason-223501406.html
As a player: 1992 - on practice squad; 1993-99 - 3rd string \ backup \ starter.
As a coach: OC \ Asst. HC & OC \ Interim HC \ HC 2007-2019
Player seasons - 8
Coach seasons -13
21 years, over three decades in the Dallas Cowboys organization.
On the three 90's Super Bowl teams (PS in '92, 53-man roster in '93 & '95)
PFWA Assistant Coach of the Year 2007
NFL Coach of the Year 2017
85-70 overall Cowboys coaching record (regular season + playoffs)

The Jones Family just might feel Garrett is worthy of the ROH.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Regardless it doesn’t secure that Garrett’s tenure was one of if more the most successful in last 25 years despite whatever flaws , frustrations and disappointments we had.
Greggo I think you’re right that some Cowboys fans overlook some of Garrett’s accomplishments. He wasn’t 100% awful. I was sick of him by year 2017 and felt after 6 1/2 seasons we had gone as far with him as we could.

But he did some good things as you pointed out. He did develop Romo and to a certain degree Dak, and I was pleased that he was committed to being a younger team. We moved away from a lot of the stupid contracts with washed up players under Garrett. He was a terrible in-game tactician. Probably always will be. About as exciting as vanilla ice cream.

IMO the reason so many fans hate Garrett is because they can’t get rid of the real culprit for fan disappointment- Jerry. I think many fans turn their Jerry frustration on other people because JJ and his kids have “til death do us part” contracts. I believe much of the venom directed at Garrett, some of the players and earlier this season at Mike M, was based on fan frustration with the man most responsible for the team’s lack of playoff success for 25 years. But they know he’s as stubborn as the Texas heat so they turn their ire on other places.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Regardless it doesn’t dismiss that Garrett’s tenure was one of if not more of the most successful in last 25 years despite whatever flaws , frustrations and disappointments we had.

Romo had to constantly audible out of Garretts asinine play calls. Why? Because they wouldn't have worked. Romo was successful because of improvisation, not because Garrett was some sort of QB whisperer.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Greggo I think you’re right that some Cowboys fans overlook some of Garrett’s accomplishments. He wasn’t 100% awful. I was sick of him by year 2017 and felt after 6 1/2 seasons we had gone as far with him as we could.

But he did some good things as you pointed out. He did develop Romo and to a certain degree Dak, and I was pleased that he was committed to being a younger team. We moved away from a lot of the stupid contracts with washed up players under Garrett. He was a terrible in-game tactician. Probably always will be. About as exciting as vanilla ice cream.

IMO the reason so many fans hate Garrett is because they can’t get rid of the real culprit for fan disappointment- Jerry. I think many fans turn their Jerry frustration on other people because JJ and his kids have “til death do us part” contracts. I believe much of the venom directed at Garrett, some of the players and earlier this season at Mike M, was based on fan frustration with the man most responsible for the team’s lack of playoff success for 25 years. But they know he’s as stubborn as the Texas heat so they turn their ire on other places.
Ringing endorsement. Wasnt 100 percent awful. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo had to constantly audible out of Garretts asinine play calls. Why? Because they wouldn't have worked. Romo was successful because of improvisation, not because Garrett was some sort of QB whisperer.
I’m not arguing that. It doesn’t always have to be one extreme or the other.

I’m just saying we saw Romo progress from 2006 to 07 and beyond. And Garrett’s offense was Romo friendly. Overall he added to the situation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Well done Bob!

Until someone has more success with Jethro and this dysfunctional organization moving forward the Garrett era might be looked upon as much more than some credit.

I think you’re right in some fans frustrations with our ownership ended up directed at Jason.

The best measurement of any Mgmt or coaching is; are we in a better place than when you took over?

So far in Jethro era we can only say that about 3 HC’s. Jimmy, Bill and Jason.

acr731

Reaction score
I’m not arguing that. It doesn’t always have to be one extreme or the other.

I’m just saying we saw Romo progress from 2006 to 07 and beyond. And Garrett’s offense was Romo friendly. Overall he added to the situation.

You are making it very clear you think Romo improved because of Garrett when that isn't close to being true. Everyone and his dog knows Romo made things happen on his own, not because of Garrett's masterful coaching and genius play calls {end sarcasm). The guy sucked, and the Giants are seeing how worthless he is as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are making it very clear you think Romo improved because of Garrett when that isn't close to being true. Everyone and his dog knows Romo made things happen on his own, not because of Garrett's masterful coaching and genius play calls {end sarcasm). The guy sucked....
I’m not saying that.

acr731

Reaction score
I’m not saying that.

You're not?

Post #146: "Garrett had everything to do with Romo’s success."

I'm not going to argue with you on this. Me and quite a few other members here think he sucked while you loved (and apparently still love) the guy.

Signing out on this one. I can get a better debate talking to a house plant.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're not?

Post #146: "Garrett had everything to do with Romo’s success."
You’re picking and choosing .Here’s my full comment .

“ Garrett had everything to do with Romo’s success. All OC and HC do. Not sure why some fans choose to take any other stance with Garrett? Appears to be nothing more than trolling.“

I was responding to Romo was already developed before he ever met Garrett. The context is always important.

Romo definitely wasn’t fully developed when he met Garrett. We saw him progress . Much of that was probably his own doing but Garrett’s offense was Romo friendly and we saw him become more of a pocket and polished passer.

I’m sure Wade Wilson contributed as well. My overall point is there was some contributions. It’s not like Romo regressed under Garrett. Which is what I was responding to about him with Jones in which they were using Romo in comparison . Again, context is critical .

And describing anyone as “ suking or suks” is trolling. That’s an opinion not anything factual or statistical. Look at all the fans who said Romo or Dak suks. Obviously neither did or do. It’s just frustration from fans. Same with Jason.

Last edited: