Giants or Eagles?

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but who you root for this Sunday night? My belief is that the Giants are too far out in front for us to catch, so an Eagles loss would be better for our playoff situation. Any thoughts?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I want the Giants to win. I think whoever wins this game will likely win the divison.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It would be possible to catch them, but I am just going to root for the Giants because I hate the Eagles and Skins just as much and I don't want either of them in the playoffs. Esp the Skins

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I hate the Eagles and it benefits OUR chances to make the playoffs if they lose so it is a no-brainer for me. Go Giants!

It was actually harder for me on Monday night to root for the Stealers to win even though they were playing the even more hated Commanders. It just pains me to root for them.

JBS

Reaction score
I agree that the safe pick here is the eagles. However, regardless of what we WANT to happen, I fully expect the eagles to defeat the giants. If this indeed does occur, this division race is going to get a whole lot tighter.

Let us assume that we defeat the Commanders on nov 16 - the reality is, if we do not win that game it probably does not matter who wins this week between philly and nyg. The following week the giants play at home vs the ravens and the eagles play at cincy. Let's assume worst case scenario for us - which realistically is the more likely scenario that both teams win those games. NFC East standings would be as follows.

Giants 8-2
Eagles 7-3
Cowboys 6-4
Skins 6-4

FAR from over for the division race, especially considering we still have another game with the giants and with the eagles. It may not seem likely to you guys - but I firmly believe that with a healthy Romo, this team is going to be firing on ALL cylinders.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dstew60105;2405111 said:
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but who you root for this Sunday night? My belief is that the Giants are too far out in front for us to catch, so an Eagles loss would be better for our playoff situation. Any thoughts?

I would just as soon see the Giants lose because I don't think they are beyond dropping games down the line. Either way opens a window for the Cowboys but that window only stays open if the Cowboys come out after the bye and play up to their abilities. If Dallas does that then all possibilities remain open for Dallas.

aikemirv

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2405145 said:
I agree that the safe pick here is the eagles. However, regardless of what we WANT to happen, I fully expect the eagles to defeat the giants. If this indeed does occur, this division race is going to get a whole lot tighter.

Let us assume that we defeat the Commanders on nov 16 - the reality is, if we do not win that game it probably does not matter who wins this week between philly and nyg. The following week the giants play at home vs the ravens and the eagles play at cincy. Let's assume worst case scenario for us - which realistically is the more likely scenario that both teams win those games. NFC East standings would be as follows.

Giants 8-2
Eagles 7-3
Cowboys 6-4
Skins 6-4

FAR from over for the division race, especially considering we still have another game with the giants and with the eagles. It may not seem likely to you guys - but I firmly believe that with a healthy Romo, this team is going to be firing on ALL cylinders.

I just don't see it. The Ginats would have to lose 4 of the next 7 and we can't lose 1.

I say that again.... The Giants have to lose 4 of the next 7 and us not lose 1.

Say that with me a couple of times and see if that really sounds logical.

Reaction score
dstew60105;2405111 said:

Rather have Giants win.

JBS

Reaction score
aikemirv;2405155 said:
I just don't see it. The Ginats would have to lose 4 of the next 7 and we can't lose 1.

no, actually that is NOT correct. That is in order for us to FINISH with a better record than the giants. We can ALWAYS win the division via a tiebreaker. Therefore, the giants would have to either lose 3 of their last 7 and we lose 1 or they lose 4 of their last 7 and we lose 2. Far from impossible. Try taking a gander at the Giants schedule why don't ya. I will do the work for you and post it. In my opinion, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO possibility with a healthy Romo that this team loses more than 2 of its remaining games. We are looking at 10-6 or 11-5. More than likely 10-6 but I wont rule out 11-5. This team has proven over the years that it can reel off a 5 game win streak.

Assuming the giants lose sunday which is what the argument is - their remaining games are:

Baltimore
@Arizona
@Washington
Philly
@Dallas
Carolina
@Minnesota

I do not know about you - but to me it does not seem IMPOSSIBLE for the giants to lose 3 or even 4 games from this schedule.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2405145 said:
It may not seem likely to you guys - but I firmly believe that with a healthy Romo, this team is going to be firing on ALL cylinders.

The offense will be, but I am not sold on that D firing on all cylinders. We'll need the O to carry that D. Hopefully Romo gets his timing down w/ RW during the bye week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;2405155 said:

Giants are currently 7-1 if they lose to Philly they are 7-2 we come out of the bye 5-4 2 games back with another meeting with them at Texas Stadium.

arync

Reaction score
Giants all the way because if we beat the skins everyone in the division will have atleast 4 losses except the giants

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'll be rooting against the Gints, not for the Eagles. The homer in me says the gints struggle down the road and we over take them for the division, the glory, and the women!!!:starspin:starspin:starspin

:eagles::giants::giants::giants::suxiggle::suxjints:

kmd24

Reaction score
aikemirv;2405155 said:

The Giants need only lose 3 games of the next 8 for the Cowboys to surpass them. The catch is that they must all be division losses and one of those losses must be to the Cowboys.

Even if the Eagles win on Sunday, Dallas can edge them by beating them in week 17. The Eagles also have to face the Giants again in the Meadowlands.

The Commanders would have to lose at least one other game besides losing to the Cowboys for the Cowboys to surpass them. It would benefit us greatly if that other game was to either the Giants or the Eagles.

To bring this long story to an end, I'm rooting for the Eagles on Sunday.

btcutter

Reaction score
Giants to win would benefit us the most.

I like nothing more than for either team to beat the living day lights out of each other and have a few key personnel out like us for extended period (I know it's wrong to wish that)....but just want to level the playing field a little here.