Twitter: Giants release TE Kyle Rudolph

Carson

Reaction score
Sign him ASAP and move on from Schulz
Will be 33, been injured the previous few seasons, hasn't went over 400 yards in the previous three seasons. He is on their radar for sure

Jerry and Stephen will open the checkbook, high five and dance about signing him. Why pay Schultz $12 when you can get Rudolph!

we-got-one.gif

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sign him ASAP and move on from Schulz
Why? Their careers are going different directions. Schultz is getting better and Rudolph is declining.

That said, of course if re-signing Schultz is deemed to be too expensive then we may be forced into a choice like this, but if just judging on the players I would rather have Schultz.

KDM256

Reaction score
No thanks on Kyle, I rather have someone with YAC potential or just keep Schultz.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Jerry going to offer him that one year deal.

I have a feeling, he may go to Atlanta since they feel that it could be their division to win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Will be 33, been injured the previous few seasons, hasn't went over 400 yards in the previous three seasons. He is on their radar for sure

Jerry and Stephen will open the checkbook, high five and dance about signing him. Why pay Schultz $12 when you can get Rudolph!

we-got-one.gif
because Schultz is the better player right now you just laid it out..let Dalton go, Jarwin starts, Rudolph as a backup will he take legit backup pay or retire?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why? Their careers are going different directions. Schultz is getting better and Rudolph is declining.

That said, of course if re-signing Schultz is deemed to be too expensive then we may be forced into a choice like this, but if just judging on the players I would rather have Schultz.
He is getting better?

This isn't a PPR league.

The guy was as much at fault for our atrocious running game as anyone.

My biggest nightmare of this off season is that they give this guy big money.

Only reason I don't sweat it is they've blown the cap to where they can't if they wanted to.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is getting better?

This isn't a PPR league.

The guy was as much at fault for our atrocious running game as anyone.

My biggest nightmare of this off season is that they give this guy big money.

Only reason I don't sweat it is they've blown the cap to where they can't if they wanted to.
Of course he wasn't as much at fault - he isn't on the line of scrimmage run blocking every down like others are. That said, I agree he isn't a particularly strong run blocker, but lots of teams have TE's that are more receiver than run blocker. Naturally I would like to see him equally proficient at both, but a much lower paid run blocking TE could also be acquired to help with that duty. As for the big money you mentioned, as I said, if the money is deemed to be too great the Cowboys may be forced to move on from him.

Havic

Reaction score
I am assuming we cannot afford to keep Schultz so this would be a nice option behind Jarwin / redzone target.

Carson

Reaction score
because Schultz is the better player right now you just laid it out..let Dalton go, Jarwin starts, Rudolph as a backup will he take legit backup pay or retire?
On paper, that works.

Reality is Jarwin played 11 games last season and 1 the season before. Rudolph is on a massive decline. That is asking a lot from an uncertain situation.

Could it work? Sure. But that is putting a hell of a faith on 4. If he loses Coop, Gallup, Wilson AND Schultz, it's going to be a long season.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think it's hard to find a player who can do both. People bash Schultz for his lack of blocking.

Only 2 tight ends have ranked in the top-10 in PFF receiving and run-blocking grade since 2018:George Kittle and Dallas Goedert
Not in Fans Fantasy world where all 22 DC starters should and have to be Pro Bowl players as rookies and hof material by year 2 or they go on witch hunts and troll them to death , off with their heads LOL

elite top players who most fans covet make up 10% oif the nfl , if only 2-4 per position exist in an era and there's 32 teams, umm well that dang near impossible to land a few let alone one..

they dotn understand the role players the depth the average starters are the norm, the elite super players hardly exists,

fivetwos

Reaction score
Of course he wasn't as much at fault - he isn't on the line of scrimmage run blocking every down like others are. That said, I agree he isn't a particularly strong run blocker, but lots of teams have TE's that are more receiver than run blocker. Naturally I would like to see him equally proficient at both, but a much lower paid run blocking TE could also be acquired to help with that duty. As for the big money you mentioned, as I said, if the money is deemed to be too great the Cowboys may be forced to move on from him.
I realize people aren't going to go back and truly take a closer look, so.....

Pull up the very first series on offense in the SF game and watch both run plays slowly.

One series is not convincing or meaningful but I defy anyone to show me how that wasn't happening consistently all season.