Twitter: Giants release TE Kyle Rudolph

quickccc

Reaction score
Will be 33, been injured the previous few seasons, hasn't went over 400 yards in the previous three seasons. He is on their radar for sure

Jerry and Stephen will open the checkbook, high five and dance about signing him. Why pay Schultz $12 when you can get Rudolph!

New, Different management regime- different view, plan and direction.

Of course assuming it's a Bye Felicia to Schultz via FA, .. Kyle R would simply be a one year, band aid vet patch, bargain binge type until we stumble upon a permanent guy.

I've not seen Kyle extensively so i would not know what his movement skills at age 32. Plus durability issues is something we know well with the other current TE in Blake Jarwin who is just too fragile and soft to be relied upon. He's gonna miss his share of games, and that's not gonna be just one or two, ..

visionary

Reaction score
Why? Their careers are going different directions. Schultz is getting better and Rudolph is declining.

That said, of course if re-signing Schultz is deemed to be too expensive then we may be forced into a choice like this, but if just judging on the players I would rather have Schultz.

Schulz is average as a receiver and below average as a blocker

I want an upgrade

I’ll take Rudolph and a draft pick in rd 3-4 over paying Schulz 12 million for 3-4 years and be stuck with him

fivetwos

Reaction score
Play defense against Kyle Rudolph and don't take him seriously. Watch what happens.

He has another nice season or two left in him and I hope he lands somewhere and gets lucky and grabs a ring.

It ain't here.

We are actually fine with Jarwin, McKeon and a draft pick.

Although I probably cut Jarwin loose also and roll the dice if I thought that draft pick was a starter.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Of course he wasn't as much at fault - he isn't on the line of scrimmage run blocking every down like others are. That said, I agree he isn't a particularly strong run blocker, but lots of teams have TE's that are more receiver than run blocker. Naturally I would like to see him equally proficient at both, but a much lower paid run blocking TE could also be acquired to help with that duty. As for the big money you mentioned, as I said, if the money is deemed to be too great the Cowboys may be forced to move on from him.
Not particularly strong? He flat sucks at run blocking. My eyes tell me he is one of the worst in the league at it and it definitely had a negative impact on the run game.

Motorola

Reaction score
Jerry going to offer him that one year deal.

I have a feeling, he may go to Atlanta since they feel that it could be their division to win.
Falcons already have a TE named Kyle = Pitts, who just completed a fine rookie season - PFWA All-Rookie Team; Pro Bowl selection - 68 receptions for 1,026 yards (but only1 TD).
And he is young (will turn 22 y.o. one month into next season).
Atlanta also has a 26yo TE they're developing - Parker Hesse.
Falcons have too many holes to waste a roster spot on an aging and declining player, AND at a position that they will be seeking a younger and less expensive backup in the draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good name but we can find the same production cheaper

jrumann59

Reaction score
Will be 33, been injured the previous few seasons, hasn't went over 400 yards in the previous three seasons. He is on their radar for sure

Jerry and Stephen will open the checkbook, high five and dance about signing him. Why pay Schultz $12 when you can get Rudolph!

we-got-one.gif

Only 33 I thought he was like 80 by now, it seems like he has played forever.

Mannix

Reaction score
I was jealous when NY signed him away from Minnesota....go get him Chuckles you tight wad!!!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If we let Schultz go, we're likely downgrading at TE in 22. However, if something costs 25% of something else and can give you 75% what you want while you're able to buy other stuff is that more appealing?