Giants sign Daniel Jones (4 years/$160 million)

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Just not on the football field, where Dak has consistently kicked the crap out of Jones' team and gotten the Cowboys further than Jones has gotten his team.

"DURRRRR BUT OTHER THAN THAT, SAME EXACT GUY!!!"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Unbelievable. First, the Giants have way less talent around Jones yet he got them to playoffs and they won a road playoff game. Secondly, you should watch this years playoff game against SF. Then you can see how your boy Dak choked away the game even with our defense playing a great game. How you can cackle your drivel after that game is amazing. You should be embarrassed hiding in a hole with Dak. Oh, Dak’s gonna clean it up and be better next year ? Year 8. Lol.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Just not on the football field, where Dak has consistently kicked the crap out of Jones' team and gotten the Cowboys further than Jones has gotten his team.

"DURRRRR BUT OTHER THAN THAT, SAME EXACT GUY!!!"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
I've never been one to bash the Dak deal, so I'm not going to start now.

That said, I'm changing my mind on QBs; most GMs are still living in the mid 2000s and getting QB deals wrong.

With the rookie wage scale change making drafted QBs more affordable and the lack of superior veteran QB talent, there's not really a good reason to tie up cap space with a near-average QB.

Average is a mathematical term, but most of these guys getting paid are not separating themselves from the heap, making the average hard to discern.

By year 3 or so, there's a good chance a QB on a rookie deal would be just as effective as the 7th - 18th best QB in the league, but with 1/4 of the cap hit.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Thank you. The Giants just mortgaged their future on mediocrity. Before last year I thought they would move on from him. One good year is all it takes I guess.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
BOTH Jones and Dak have gotten to the divisional round and lost.....so how has Dak gotten the Cowboys further than Jones has gotten the Giants?????
One got their **** kicked in and one lost when their best playmaker broke his leg

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Well...what excuse do the Gaslighters moonlighting as Arm-Chair GM's have to say about this?

That NFL Execs are ignorant?

I suspect that actual Front Offices have to factor in the weight of quite a few more things that couch GM's refuse to include(for convenience) when constructing QB contracts. Actually...I think anti-pay QB crowd just want to gaslight.

JayFord

Reaction score
Since DJ entered the league, Dak has a higher:

- EPA / play
- Completion percentage
- CPOE
- Air yards / attempt
- Yards / game
- Rating
- Yards / attempt
- TD %

Jones = Dak…that’s a good one.
its not even worth arguing

Dak is better than Jones 10 times out of 10, even with his flaws

Big_D

Reaction score
it never fails does it?

this was a great deal and jones is better than dak while their fo is better than ours

it NEVER fails with this board

LOL You don't see a team improving after a disastrous first 3 years of his career? They got a better coach and hired a quality GM. Not some 80 year old scrub pretending to be a GM. Yet you pretend everything's fine here. Don't be surprised when they're still able to make moves while Jerry and son sit on their hands as usual. I'm sure the Giants will sign free agents and not just overpay their own players.

Redline360

Reaction score
Lol at people comparing Dak and Jones stats. People seriously this fn stupid......One has been surronded by a Ferrari of a team compared to the other. Jones was driving a geo metro

Now granted I would like to see what Jones is capable of surrinded by a good OL and recievers

Dak > Jones obviously and not close but its funny watching "fantasy football state chasers" post

Nav22

Reaction score
In terms of AAV, yes. In terms of the structure of the contracts, no.

Reported from sources (agents):
Derek Carr: 4 years, $150 million
Geno Smith: 3 years, $105 million

Reality: Carr: 2 years, $60 million (probably 70)
Smith: 2 years, $40 million (probably 50)

So both Seattle and the Saints have better outs to the deals than the one Jerry gave Dak.
I don't love Dak's no-trade clause either, if that's what you're referring to.

Nav22

Reaction score
BOTH Jones and Dak have gotten to the divisional round and lost.....so how has Dak gotten the Cowboys further than Jones has gotten the Giants?????
You're right, my mistake. Forgot the Eagles pasted the Giants in the divisional round, not the WC round.

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol at people comparing Dak and Jones stats. People seriously this fn stupid......One has been surronded by a Ferrari of a team compared to the other Jones was driving a Geo metro

Dak > Jones obviously but just its funny watching "fantasy football state chasers" post

A Le Car maybe? Suzuki Samurai? lol

ShortRound

Reaction score
The QB market is out of control. At some point the players, as in the non QB players have to realize that leaves them getting less money in time. A quarter of your cap going to one player is eventually gonna hurt the rest of the players
160m just still sounds crazy to me. In 10 years we're going to get to 1 billion contracts.

Big_D

Reaction score
160m just still sounds crazy to me. In 10 years we're going to get to 1 billion contracts.

QB pay is certainly out of control. The league created a monster with these contracts.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I don't love Dak's no-trade clause either, if that's what you're referring to.
Not only the no-trade clause but they general structure wherein Dallas is now forced to restructure his contract or carry a $49.2M cap hit this season. Jerry got screwed on Dak's contract whereas some others you can see the structure allows a team an out after 2 years without issue.