Giants sign Daniel Jones (4 years/$160 million)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why? Other than the same structure of 4/160 I don't get the correlation at all. When Dak signed his deal he had the highest AAV and an NFL cap number around $180M. Now Daniel Jones signs that deal and he's 25% less than the top AAV w/ a cap around $225.

Dak's contract was not a good one at all.....I'm not sure the Giants are going to love Daniel Jones in a couple of years either. The Jones boys butchered that deal so bad that half way through Dak is about to get an extension that I fear is north of $50per annually. I'd love nothing else than to see Dak actually sign a team friendly deal, I'm skeptical it happens though.
Dak had best give the team a discount or he will lose what fans he's got left.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Giants did something right in tagging Barkley. Jerry should of tagged Zeke instead of foolishly giving him that dumb contract.
Completely different situation. Zeke was a holdout scenario before his contract was ever up. The Cowboys had another year of full control plus a 5th year option so there was no option to tag him. I agree Jerry shouldn't have caved to Zeke though.

Reactions: CWR

NotForLong

Reaction score
So is the qb suppose to elevate the talent around him or does that only apply to Dak? Asking for a friend!
Better Question . . . Has Dak elevated any of the talent around Him . . . Because all I hear are Know The Oline or Wrs or Tes let Him Down . . . And all I ever seen was Wrs run out of town

But I am sure I am missing someone?. . . I know it wasn't Lamb because up until the 2nd game of the year, last season, people were complaining He was a Bust and not worth the 2nd contract . . .

Then Rush "Elevated" Lamb and Dak benefited :muttley: . . . I kept hearing that Dak was learning on the sidelines :lmao2:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good for Daniel. Not what i'd do. Same situation as Dallas. If you can't put enough talent around him then keeping him won't matter. Their scheme change helped them a lot, but I always look for the coming back down to earth a bit in year 2 after such a big jump.

Nav22

Reaction score
You're using this signing to say the Dak contract is good.. perhaps both are bad? We're paying top dollar for a guy who is simply too inconsistent to win 4 playoffs games in a row... especially if there's less pie to put talent around him. If the goal is just to get to the playoffs as a wildcard.. then I would say these are good to great contracts to achieve that mediocre goal.
"Top dollar" relative to what? Dak was like the 8th-highest paid QB last year and they'll restructure to get his cap # down this year.

Josh Allen just flopped in the divisional round too, and he's better than Dak. Is Josh also "too inconsistent"? How about Justin Herbert with his 0 playoff wins?

There's Mahomes and then there's everyone else. Yes, I wish we had Mahomes too. Dak's currently the best QB available to us.

Havic

Reaction score
Lemme get this straight. Team rejected the 5th year option because of his poor play, he plays better and now gets a monster contract? Lmao.

NotForLong

Reaction score
"Top dollar" relative to what? Dak was like the 8th-highest paid QB last year and they'll restructure to get his cap # down this year.

Josh Allen just flopped in the divisional round too, and he's better than Dak. Is Josh also "too inconsistent"? How about Justin Herbert with his 0 playoff wins?

There's Mahomes and then there's everyone else. Yes, I wish we had Mahomes too. Dak's currently the best QB available to us.
Blizzard

Flamma

Reaction score
So you think the Giants did great?
Absolutely. He threw for 15 TDs last year? What more can you ask for? He should have asked for 50M. LOL, we need the Giants and Eagles to pony up for their QBs. Get us back to a level playing field.