Giants sign Daniel Jones (4 years/$160 million)

JayFord

Reaction score
160m just still sounds crazy to me. In 10 years we're going to get to 1 billion contracts.
I mean i'm all for Jones getting his money and taking care of him and his family

but that kind of contract for Jones imo is WILD......

Qcard

Reaction score

Daniel Jones has a HORRIBLE Agent!! :laugh: :laugh:

Danny Dimes doesn't believe in himself to play on the Franchise like Prescott or believes the Giants will spend the $$ left on the table to build a contender :flagwave::huh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Not only the no-trade clause but they general structure wherein Dallas is now forced to restructure his contract or carry a $49.2M cap hit this season. Jerry got screwed on Dak's contract whereas some others you can see the structure allows a team an out after 2 years without issue.
Eh, we're not moving on from Dak unless we hit on a stud in the draft.

If that time comes, maybe Dak works with us on a trade that makes sense for everyone.

But until then, restructuring to lower the cap hit is the right move to make. Hopefully we remove the no-trade clause in the new deal.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Remember when the Cowboys were "SO STUPID" for paying Dak a big contract similar to the ones that Daniel Jones, Derek Carr and Geno Smith just signed?

The Giants, Saints and Seahawks are all run by a bunch of idiots too though, right????

Has ANY group of people consistently looked more dense than the Anti-Dak Cult Members?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Would point out that the deals may be the same but as Dak signed his a few years back, its actually higher that Danny Dime's, due to the increases in the salary cap.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
They cost themselves a ton by declining the 5th year option.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak's deal keeps looking better and better.

So much for all the constant whining around here. Foolish takes from those who don't know any better.

StarLord

Reaction score
Remember when the Cowboys were "SO STUPID" for paying Dak a big contract similar to the ones that Daniel Jones, Derek Carr and Geno Smith just signed?

The Giants, Saints and Seahawks are all run by a bunch of idiots too though, right????

Has ANY group of people consistently looked more dense than the Anti-Dak Cult Members?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
You're using this signing to say the Dak contract is good.. perhaps both are bad? We're paying top dollar for a guy who is simply too inconsistent to win 4 playoffs games in a row... especially if there's less pie to put talent around him. If the goal is just to get to the playoffs as a wildcard.. then I would say these are good to great contracts to achieve that mediocre goal.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Unbelievable. First, the Giants have way less talent around Jones yet he got them to playoffs and they won a road playoff game. Secondly, you should watch this years playoff game against SF. Then you can see how your boy Dak choked away the game even with our defense playing a great game. How you can cackle your drivel after that game is amazing. You should be embarrassed hiding in a hole with Dak. Oh, Dak’s gonna clean it up and be better next year ? Year 8. Lol.
Well Jerry says its only year 6 and He is improving Like Brady did

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Funny for those celebrating Dak's deal when compared to Jones' deal seeing as how Dak is scheduled to make $49.2M in 2023 but his deal has to be restructured thereby giving him more guaranteed money and kicking the can further down the road. Only in the CZ can you find some celebrating Dak over Dallas.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dak's deal keeps looking better and better.

So much for all the constant whining around here. Foolish takes from those who don't know any better.
Why? Other than the same structure of 4/160 I don't get the correlation at all. When Dak signed his deal he had the highest AAV and an NFL cap number around $180M. Now Daniel Jones signs that deal and he's 25% less than the top AAV w/ a cap around $225.

Dak's contract was not a good one at all.....I'm not sure the Giants are going to love Daniel Jones in a couple of years either. The Jones boys butchered that deal so bad that half way through Dak is about to get an extension that I fear is north of $50per annually. I'd love nothing else than to see Dak actually sign a team friendly deal, I'm skeptical it happens though.