Giants sign Rod Smith

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They can have him...:rolleyes:

The #Giants have signed former #Cowboys reserve RB Rod Smith, who struggled last year but averaged 4.2 yards per rush in 2017.

Not sure what the Giants' depth looks like. He's primarily a special-teammer, so unless they want him to be the primary backup, there might be a role for him.

We're depending on a fourth-round rookie and a seventh-round rookie to replace him, so I don't think we can say we're better off yet just attempting to get better production for the backup spot than we got last year from Smith.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There go them Giants again, thinking they can get info from a former player. Go ahead Rod give them info on our offense that will be different this year. :muttley:
Giants trying to out smart us. :laugh:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's a Dave Gettleman special. Just when you think that guy can't find another way to terrify NY fans....he digs deep and comes through. :laugh:
They must be losing their minds with Gettleman, especially with this falling "in love" with his "quattahback" Daniel Jones.

But on the Giantszone message board, someone just posted this Tweet and is now telling everyone what a damaging blow this is to Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It is pretty sad. Wayne Gallman is about Smith's equal as a player, maybe worse.

I just hope we're not thinking the same thing about Pollard and Weber after the preseason.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Rod is just glad he is able to keep up his lifestyle. He will now be playing against his bro twice a year. omgosh. Who will win? They probably won't even meet on the field because he will get no playtime......Rod not Jaylon.

Alexander

Reaction score
I just hope we're not thinking the same thing about Pollard and Weber after the preseason.
If letting Rod Smith go causes remorse in the future then we just blew two draft picks in a major way.

dwreck27

Reaction score
office-no.gif

The #Giants have signed former #Cowboys reserve RB Rod Smith, who struggled last year but averaged 4.2 yards per rush in 2017.

Alexander

Reaction score
And before anyone decides to ask.

No. This does not qualify for a comp pick.

Thank you.

jujoboys

Reaction score

That 4.2 YPC average in 2017 is misleading. He ran the ball 55 times for 232 yards but had 45 of those yards on 1 carry. This signing makes me so happy because now I don't have to worry about the Cowboys getting tempted to resign him. I have been wanting this JAG replaced for a while. Now if we can just find a replacement for Jeff Heath. Hopefully Iloka is the answer or one of the rookies.

dwreck27

Reaction score
That 4.2 YPC average in 2017 is misleading. He ran the ball 55 times for 232 yards but had 45 of those yards on 1 carry. This signing makes me so happy because now I don't have to worry about the Cowboys getting tempted to resign him. I have been wanting this JAG replaced for a while. Now if we can just find a replacement for Jeff Heath. Hopefully Iloka is the answer or one of the rookies.

Same I always felt that we had ZERO production at the RB spot when Zeke went to grab some air/sip on some water...

Puzzling that they would allow themselves to not have a better change of pace option to Zeke to get him some more rest in the middle of the game

Alexander

Reaction score
Puzzling that they would allow themselves to not have a better change of pace option to Zeke to get him some more rest in the middle of the game
Well, I guess they think they did with Pollard and Weber. We'll see, but if neither is any better than Smith, uh oh.