Giants trade JPP to Bucs

aria

Reaction score
Didn’t that new GM of their’s just pay a ridiculous amount for an over the hill RB? Can’t think of his name and way too lazy and tired to look it up. I still hate our FO and think they are barely a step above some of the worst teams but I wonder what the hell is going on up there in NY?

Philthy’s moves all make sense and scare me. NY, I get some of it but others having me scratching my head.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not that number. JPP had built in salary guarantees for 2018 and 2019 that Tampa now gets. But he does still count 15 mill in dead money for the Nats.
See....now you get it

JPP's guaranteed base salaries now go to TB
His Dead Money from his signing bonus stays with NY

NYG paid him 22.5m for 1 year and 7.5 sacks.......ouch....... but still not as bad as 17.5m all at once

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
YEP..I told you guys the other day that the Giants are picking either Chubb or Rosen. That's still the case...but Gettleman has a history of drafting defense early,and Chubb sure seems like his target at 2. This trade likely doesn't happen unless they are 75% sure they want Chubb.

I think they trade down into the 6-9 range for him though.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Then they won't get Chubb. Yeah 3 QBs are sure to be picked high but Chubb is the top pass rusher and isn't likely to make it out of the top 5.

Could be. But I can also see Nelson and Saquon going in top 5. 1 or 2 others also up there. Would not shock me to see Chubb go 8 or 9 at all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Could be. But I can also see Nelson and Saquon going in top 5. 1 or 2 others also up there. Would not shock me to see Chubb go 8 or 9 at all.

Of course it's possible but if the OG goes before the top pass rusher then it would be surprising. All the teams in the top 5 need pass rush help and it is right up there with QB in how hard it is to get one.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score

Something to consider. Nobody even contemplated Chubb at 2 before.

Honestly I did never said it out loud though BUT G-men Love lineman so would be a typical pick for them ! I could also see them going linebacker by trading back a bit that panthers GM had keuchly and Davis wouldn’t shock me if he tried building the same there in NY

Sometimes a fresh perspective in the front office is a good thing to make tough decisions

fansince68

Reaction score
weird comment there... we can't keep all the guys we have because they are too good, best at position guys but also cant develop players?
Cant develop decent back ups is what I am saying. If we are going to do "next man up" we need to develop players so we are not stuck paying through the roof even for our own players.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Too many Cowboys cork soakers trying to diminish getting a high 3rd round pick for JPP (and they move down like 6 spots in the 4th). It sounds like a par deal. Market rate for an almost 30 year old with injury issues, and he is not getting "better" with age (also a hefty contract).

Watch him when he was younger and healthier along with two good hands. Or simply look at how his stats have generally declined when comparing his production when active.

This just spells the end of the Eli era for the Giants FO. They are already admitting that they will not be competing for a Super Bowl this season and likely next season. Get what you can and get younger cheaper players to build the roster. It's not some genius move. It's just solid and most of all an HONEST self assessment. They know that just making the playoffs is not the goal, so why try for a shade over mediocre. May as well properly tank for a bit to use premium picks on blue chip talent.